Discovery Gaming Community
Overwatch - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Overwatch (/showthread.php?tid=148134)

Overwatch - El_Vlado - 02-22-2017

I enjoyed previously using X-Fire to take ingame screenshots/videos for the game which was great and really useful when making posts about events that happen ingame. I recently downloaded Overwatch for the same reason, however due to the fact that Discovery is launched via the launcher, it seems ncompatible but for running in WIndowed Mode. The catch however when running in Windowed Mode is that tehcnically it takes videos/screenshots as if it were doing so on Windows Desktop, thus also taking a shot of your windows as well.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows of a way to make Overwatch run 'ingame' via the .exe rather than on the desktop, as I think it would be a great tool to have ingame.

Thanks! Smile

RE: Overwatch - Etaphreven - 02-22-2017

Do you mean Overwolf? Or the game Overwatch?

RE: Overwolf - El_Vlado - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 01:37 PM)etaphreven Wrote: Do you mean Overwolf? Or the game Overwatch?

Overwolf

Sorry totally tired Sad

RE: Overwatch - Curios - 03-02-2017

Nvidia experience?

RE: Overwatch - Khundian - 03-02-2017

If you want to take a screenshot while playing, press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. It saves the screenshots as uncompressed BMP files, a screenshot of the main menu is 10MB on my end. Smile
You can find your screenshots here: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Pictures\FreelancerShots

OR

You can use the steam overlay to take screenshots.

Just remember when using this method :
  1. You CANNOT alt tab out, or the game will show a white screen when trying to tab back in. And you will have to close the game through task manager or Alt+F4 and pressing Enter on the white screen. (at least on my PC)
  2. Always run the launcher to check if there are any updates for the DSlauncher or the Discovery mod before actually connecting to the server

I added the freelancer.exe in ..\Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1\EXE as a non-steam game, and added this to the launch options :

Code:
-dx -s212.83.182.157:2302

The first argument is to tell the game to run in widescreen, the second is the IP of the official server.

RE: Overwatch - R.I.P. - 03-02-2017

I use a program called Screengrab i find pretty useful for many games that do not have a screenshot feature, will work in windowed mode, or fullscreen for me. Not sure where i downloaded it from but i am sure there is a free version still out there somewhere. It will take a screen of whatever you see on your monitor, and lets you customize settings for the hotkey to take a screenshot. Even works well for taking screens off the web.

RE: Overwatch - El_Vlado - 03-04-2017

Thanks Smile Those are great suggestions, hopefully we can eventually have programs like Overwolf and Steam overlay work without modifying files