Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships (/showthread.php?tid=148273)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships - ASimpleMan - 02-27-2017

As much as I don't like when a Valor spawns next to me when I'm about to go into a snub fight, I deal with it. I have learned to choose out of the ordinary spots to do battle, ones far away from areas like planets.

RE: Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships - Durandal - 02-27-2017

(02-27-2017, 01:27 PM)Calo Wrote:
Quote:For example not sit next to Manhattan.

Actually, it wasn't inside New York, let alone Planet Manhattan - I don't lurk around planets or major bases beside fly-through moments. Sometimes there are NPC gunboats spawning at very random locations, such as Texas Gate in Bering or at Cambridge Gate in Omega-3.

I'm going to into dev gold here for a moment.

While some NPC spawn locations are justifiable, many more are holdovers from another era. The cruiser and gunboat spawns at the Bering gate in Texas for example are a holdover from the Lib-Rhein war, which has been over for more than a year now.

If you feel like a patrol is out of place/doesn't match the current lore of the game, feel free to submit a bug report on the matter.

RE: Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships - Blackvertigo1 - 03-02-2017

" 5.2 Using cruise disruptors or missiles in order to track a ship that has successfully cloaked away during an interaction "

Do you see Discovery? Today you will die.

RE: Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships - sindroms - 03-02-2017

Instead of snarky comments, you might want to actually elaborate a bit.

RE: Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships - MotokoSusu - 03-02-2017

I have to ask these question then. if you engage a cloak and your shields are down you are not free game to be fired on and destroyed? or do the shields remained engaged? I only asking because I never used a cloak yet. second thought thou as to the npc issue getting npc to fight for you with a CD no different in my opinion then radioing ahead for a spike strip to be put out on the road. or running a tank unto a wall to kill enemy on the other side. in a fight you use what you have rifle, knife, spoon anything to get the job done. also I might add you do have the ability to steer the ship away from such hornet nests. so don't get mad if a person want to stop you by throwing a rock at the nest.

RE: Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships - sasapinjic - 03-05-2017

(03-02-2017, 09:24 PM)MotokoSusu Wrote: I have to ask these question then. if you engage a cloak and your shields are down you are not free game to be fired on and destroyed? or do the shields remained engaged? I only asking because I never used a cloak yet. second thought thou as to the npc issue getting npc to fight for you with a CD no different in my opinion then radioing ahead for a spike strip to be put out on the road. or running a tank unto a wall to kill enemy on the other side. in a fight you use what you have rifle, knife, spoon anything to get the job done. also I might add you do have the ability to steer the ship away from such hornet nests. so don't get mad if a person want to stop you by throwing a rock at the nest.

Answer for firs part of question :
When you engage cloak , your shield will drop but you still have hull HP and you can maneuver around , opponents can and will CD , missile and gunn you to death , it is all by the rules ,but if you manage to cloak , CD and missile lock will be still on you because of faulty game mechanics , and until now , players use that to CD cloaked ship to stop it to cruise away , to determinate its position and to damage it . This add to rules now make clear that is not allowed .

As for rest of your question , i don't understand damn word . Sad

RE: Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships - Biggles - 05-24-2017

(02-26-2017, 01:37 PM)sindroms Wrote: As such, the current rule looks like this:
Quote:3.8 Cheating - This includes editing game INI files, or using third party software to gain advantages over vanilla Discovery Freelancer installations as well as running the game above 155 FPS. Admin-approved visual mods are allowed.

The following changes are as follows:

3.8 Rule is hereby removed.
Section 5 is now added to the rules and reads thus:

5. Cheating and Exploits - Modifying your Discovery Freelancer installation or using third-party tools in order to gain advantage over other players is strictly forbidden and will result in deletion of ingame assets or a ban. [...]

My apologies for posting in a two month old thread, but I have what I think is rather an important question that doesn't seem to have been addressed in the previous discussion. It regards the removal of the line "Admin-approved visual mods are allowed." As I see it, there are three possible interpretations of this change:
  1. That no "visual mods" are "admin-approved" anymore, i.e. they are now entirely prohibited;
  2. The most extreme interpretation: that "modifying your Discovery Freelancer installation *full stop* ... is strictly forbidden", i.e. no modifications whatsoever (even to things such as sounds) to our installs are permitted;
  3. That the use of purely cosmetic mods is no longer regulated, and we are free to use these as we wish, providing they do not "gain advantage over other players".
Which is the case?

RE: Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships - sindroms - 05-24-2017

We do not regulate any sort of visual mods anymore. Use them at your own risk. Furthermore, use ANY edits to your vanila freelancer installation at your own risk. If you will light up our anticheat in any way shape or form, you will be dealt with accordingly.

RE: Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships - Toris (Old Account) - 05-24-2017

Question: is removing/replacing music a reason for anti-cheat to be triggered?

RE: Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships - Freeroamer - 05-24-2017

I'd also like to know if ALEs can be edited/replaced as I like having edited effects. Please let me know if this is allowed