Discovery Gaming Community
Equipment transfer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Equipment transfer (/showthread.php?tid=148423)

Equipment transfer - Maddox - 03-03-2017

Probably been mentioned before, but a reliable method of ship to ship transfer would be greatly appreciated by .... Err .... Everyone.

Yes, I know you can drop equipment in space, change ships and pick it up, but do you really want to risk that with a mk3 cloak disrupter?

We need a simple command/ interface - perhaps like givecash.

Thoughts?

RE: Equipment transfer - Etaphreven - 03-03-2017

/conn, people there always help with equipment transfers

RE: Equipment transfer - Epo - 03-03-2017

Just ask someone to help in conn. Maybe not faster, but easier.

RE: Equipment transfer - Maddox - 03-03-2017

Yeah, but that's just a workaround. I'd like different ship loadouts depending on the mission or where I am, but it's just too much of a pita to keep changing it all ATM.

RE: Equipment transfer - Epo - 03-03-2017

To be honest, I'd prefer the Devs (*coughs* Alley *coughs*) to focus rather on something like Docking Modules rather than on something that can be simply replaced by a while spent in Conn. And that would require FlHook for sure.

RE: Equipment transfer - Etaphreven - 03-03-2017

If you didn't notice, a lot of this mod is a workaround because the original game doesn't support many things. Earlier you mentioned you don't want to buy a cloak from other players, you'd rather go to a POB. Now you want to transfer equipment without other players' help. Why do you want to avoid contact with others so much when it is obviously a multiplayer game? It's really not that difficult to do either of those things.

RE: Equipment transfer - Sombs - 03-03-2017

(03-03-2017, 04:20 PM)Maddox Wrote: Yeah, but that's just a workaround. I'd like different ship loadouts depending on the mission or where I am, but it's just too much of a pita to keep changing it all ATM.

If it's snubs, just make multiple snubs with similar names. If caps, well, use common sense. They usually are used to fight bigger ships, especially when it's about battleships. Remember people will be butthurt if you tag along with an anti-snub battleship. I'd simply use a gunboat for that, or take the secondaries only for that job, as you will in advanced battleship combats rarely use secondaries against capitals, as primaries and cerbs are better in close range and mortars and especially heavy mortars are the way to go in long-range combat.

RE: Equipment transfer - Stabby_Dave - 03-04-2017

@"Mr NPC" : I agree that there are more important things to be worked on. I'm not suggesting that it should be top of the dev list - just that it's on there.

@Etaphreven : I'd rather buy a cloak from a POB, cos that's more "in game" as I see it. As for equipment transfer goes, I don't see the logic in having to involve a 3rd party to transfer equipment between 2 of my own ships. It really has nothing whatsoever to do with avoiding contact with other players. I really don't know where you got that idea from.

@"Sombra Hookier" : The problem is, that the vast number of permutations when you take into account different shield types, weapons set ups and cloak/CM choices means that you'd need god knows how many different versions of the same ship. Even if you take a simple example with only 2 different weapons setups, 3 shield choices and cloak/CM, that's still 12 ships - 6 of them with a cloak. Expensive.

I know there are a couple of ways to do it, but I just feel that it would be a very handy thing to have. Necessary, no, but most certainly welcome.