Discovery Gaming Community
Implosion notice - Critical Mass reached - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Implosion notice - Critical Mass reached (/showthread.php?tid=148448)

Implosion notice - Critical Mass reached - Implosion - 03-04-2017

Righto, as the name says, I've finally, after a whooooole lot of years, had enough.

And I gotta say, for the almost ten years I've been around, this place has never been worse.
The main problem is some of the less...friendly members of this so called community.
Despite the fact there're people who're doing their best to keep it running (Sindroms with his events, for example), there's another group of people who care about one single thing.
Themselves.
It might've been a community once, but now, not so much. And it's not just members, there's a good few devs that shape the mod to their own liking.
I could go on and mention how the people who designed the "new and improved" omicrons made more than one questionable decision.

And speaking of Omicrons, let's see what example is given by an official faction leader and renowned "community" member, Mr. @Omicron
-snip-
Wouldn't have been much of a problem but next time try not to include faction passwords among the sort.

Fixed: http://i.imgur.com/lP2nYv2.png
Thumbs up, mate. gg.
The event in question is a so called "gank" which was, more or less, an answer to a similar situation where a superior order group jumped a Core group. It literally happened the previous day and I decided to return the favor and show some might. Fight fire with fire, you know, fall down to their level.
The only difference was the reaction from the faction leader.
Fact to the matter is, that was the first mistake I've done since I've taken over. Literally the first time I've wronged the order in such manner.
Earlier we spoke, we planned to make events and stuff. Generally awesome stuff. But as SOON as you lost a battle, you lost your cool.
I'm not saying you're a bad person, well, okay, maybe just a little.
I mean, I would be upset too if I had more weapon platforms than Order| members. I do wonder why they left, on second thought I don't.
Good work, mate.

But, back to important stuff and away from petty grudges.
I'll be taking a break, I'm sure many of you would like to see me gone and I don't blame you.
With that said, I'll be flying from time to time, maybe once a month, maybe less.
Basically, Stalker mode activated.
I'm gonna leave most chats, apart from a few select ones (Core chats, ofc)
So yeah, rejoice, Implosion is gone.
Shame I couldn't go for ten years without a farewell thread. That would've been a new record...oh well.

PS: Mr. @Legionnaire is the new Core boss. I'll go back to my post as an adviser.
PSS: I regret nothing.

RE: Implosion notice - Critical Mass reached - Backo - 03-04-2017

Sad to see you go, mate. Ping me up if you ever decide to return to more active flying - it was always fun to fly with you. Smile

RE: Implosion notice - Critical Mass reached - Piombo65 - 03-04-2017

Ah..............

Is this the REAL reason why you dropped the Core lead? But you could say it first, with our, for example, to understand immediately what was the problem and maybe resolve it.

RE: Implosion notice - Critical Mass reached - Operator - 03-04-2017

o7

You were a good leader for a long time, mate. Hope to see you sometime again!

RE: Implosion notice - Critical Mass reached - Implosion - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 07:07 PM)Piombo65 Wrote: Ah..............

Is this the REAL reason why you dropped the Core lead? But you could say it first, with our, for example, to understand immediately what was the problem and maybe resolve it.

Nah, the reason is the fact I got tired of needless drama and hate.
Not just that singular example

RE: Implosion notice - Critical Mass reached - Neptune - 03-04-2017

That's unfortunate. Really enjoyed logging along side you and I hope that you do return at some point.

RE: Implosion notice - Critical Mass reached - Epo - 03-04-2017

Alright, take care man. Good luck with whatever you might do.

RE: Implosion notice - Critical Mass reached - Sombs - 03-04-2017

You're a great guy and I think you were a very worthy Core leader, Implosion. I hope you will find enough motivation to come back and do good things again. (sun)

RE: Implosion notice - Critical Mass reached - Etaphreven - 03-04-2017

So you're leaving because someone /else/ likes drama and bitching? :p Makes no sense. I think you should in fact stay, maybe just to spite them.

EDIT: oh god female-dogging is censored

RE: Implosion notice - Critical Mass reached - Chrono - 03-05-2017

Oh, look, another "I don't like you, boohoo~" rage quit post. This is the kinda crap I stopped playing for and now only occasionally lurk on the forums. Grow a backbone, you got ganked, #GanksHappen. Have a sammich or 5, take a walk, and get over it.