Discovery Gaming Community
Ultimate Freelancer Addons - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Ultimate Freelancer Addons (/showthread.php?tid=148558)

Ultimate Freelancer Addons - DragonRider - 03-08-2017

[Image: ovYyxFB.png]

[Image: Oh9VUfA.png]

Addons are mini-packs that you can apply over Ultimate Freelancer to customize it to your liking. These addons usually make changes not all people will enjoy and that is why they are optional.

These will not trigger the anti-cheat in any way. It's all 100% safe to use on the official server.

For installation instructions, refer to the readme in each addon.

Custom cursors

A few styles and configurations of cursors and pointers. All arrow pointers are made by me. The circle reticle from Style 2 and 3 is also by me.

Style 1 - same one used in Ultimate Freelancer 1.3
[Image: fGfFIV6.png]

Style 2 - DragonRider's "Slightly Better Vanilla" cursors
[Image: QQqcqPf.png]

Style 3 - reticles from Style 2 combined with NPC-cursors from Style 1
[Image: FSxLQtI.png]

Download Custom Cursors V1 includes all cursor styles.

(Optional) Cursor Lore:
Sometimes I tend to over-obsess and try to perfect some things that just don't want to be perfected. In this case, Freelancer's arrow cursor and circle reticle. I can't stress enough how these two things have been the bane of my existence. When playing, I look at those two, seamlessly insignificant objects, all the time. I see the imperfections and I want to fix them, to make them look good. Vanilla's cursors are just blurry no matter how you look at them. Current Discovery cursors are good, but imperfect (to my impossibly high standards).

For reasons that I won't go into detail here, cursors are often a pain to make look good, or look the way you want. Recently, I experimented more on this and came up with a technique to make those two specific assets (arrow cursor and circle reticle) look good. This is the culmination of years of trials and hard work.

To you, the viewer, these cursors might not look all that good or impressive. I'd like to take that a sigh that I've done my job well. Ultimately, this cursor project was originally made just for me. But I was so happy with the final result, I decided to share it.

Transparent Interface

It's a transparent interface. Allows you to have a clearer view of what's happening around you.
As this addon changes only the windows, it will keep the rest of the interface installed. Meaning if you already installed another interface, installing this will only change the windows, keeping the icons.

One minor bug present if the "Auto hide maneuver bar" options is enabled. The maneuver bar on top will remain hidden, even if you move the cursor above it

Download Transparent Interface V1.0

Realistic Background Stars

[Image: 41II69z.jpg]

[Image: NxtF3lZ.jpg]

[Image: vqZFAbO.jpg]

Annoyed Freelancer looks too colorful and not at all how real space looks? Well this is for you. Enjoy your black background with a thousand little stars.
Because the HD textures are replaced by smaller, black ones this addon might give you a FPS boost. It also might not. I don't know. I didn't design this as a optimization pack.
This addon can be applied to Vanilla Discovery, however it might not look as well.

Download Realistic Background Stars V1.0

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Addons - Etaphreven - 03-08-2017

Our lord and saviour @DragonRider

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Addons - Langolier - 03-10-2017

I just wanted to let you know I'm using the Realistic Background Stars pack. This. This is what space is supposed to look like. I'll admit, I do miss some of the eye candy some systems provided with the HD Starspere, but I think I'll stick with this. Also gave me a pretty good FPS boost in systems that were home to some of the more complex backgrounds.

Once again, 10/10 Good sir.

As for the transparent interface, I'm sure some players would enjoy it, but me, I prefer my "gauges". Still nice work though.

Keep it going!

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Addons - DragonRider - 03-10-2017

I'm glad you like it @Langolier.

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Addons - Etaphreven - 03-10-2017

I finally got around to testing the transparent HUD. Damn, I love it. Don't have to minimize stuff during fights and lose potentially valuable info anymore.

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Addons - Blake00 - 06-09-2019

Oooooh I've been wanting a transparent HUD. Very cool!

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Addons - Micropoint - 09-19-2023

Hello i am also using the cursor mod and i like it.

I have a question, is it possible to make the cursor smaller ?
Well a bit smaller actually.

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Addons - DragonRider - 09-19-2023

Glad you like it! We sorted out the cursor scale in private, but just in case anyone else is interested.

Make sure the game is not running.
Go to <where Discovery is installed>/DATA
Open the file "mouse.ini" with any text editor, like Notepad
Find this part:
Code:
[Cursor]
nickname = arrow
anim = arrow, 1, 0
;hotspot = 20, 18
hotspot = 11, 11
blend = 4
color = 255, 255, 255, 255
scale = 0.6

The "scale" part affect the... well.. scale. Increase the value for bigger cursor, decrease it for a smaller one. Example for a smaller one:
Code:
scale = 0.4

Save, launch the game and see if you like the size. If it needs adjustment, close the game and edit the file again.

RE: Ultimate Freelancer Addons - Micropoint - 09-19-2023

Yes and thanks for that, smaller mouse cursor is much better as well ^^