Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Reavers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Reavers (/showthread.php?tid=148643)

To: The Reavers - Lythrilux - 03-12-2017

START TRANSMISSION

ID: DR. T. KURO
SUBJECT: R-77

[Image: yxSTvGG.png]

Greetings. I am Doctor Taishi Kuro. An expert in the field of robotics and artificial intelligence.

When I produced a state of the art Military AI for the Kusari Naval Forces R&D division, I was fired and branded a criminal! I may have used some illegal, alien, Gammuian AI technology to create it, but I could not help myself. The power and level of technology I had come across was almost beyond all understanding.

During the experimental testing process, it was completely unintentional that it tore the test subjects’ limb from limb, and killed the several security staff that tried to shut it down. I'd call that a successful test, rather than an experiment gone wrong. It merely shows how dedicated it is to its… craft.

I do not see that as suitable grounds for the way I was treated. What was the English phrase again? You must break a few omelettes to make eggs? Something along those lines.

Given my current situation, it is difficult to source the money required to continue my research. I cannot take up normal jobs, and I am no smuggler, pirate or mercenary either. However, my Combat AI is certainly capable of the latter. It can adapt, learn and evolve, progressively becoming stronger and stronger with each engagement it partakes it. It can integrate with a multitude of ship classes. It can also sing happy birthday.

And I am offering the chance for you to induct it into your company, free of charge - but I would expect the bounties claimed by the AI to still be transferred to my account. I require testing this AI in the field. And as far as I know, the Reavers are always looking for fresh blood. Well, it doesn't have any blood, as it's an AI, but you understand what I mean.

Regards,
-Dr. Kuro

END TRANSMISSION

RE: To: The Reavers - Omi - 03-14-2017

[Image: 7HnIuCZ.png]

Good evening, Dr Kuro.

Forgive my skepticism, but a murderous killing machine does not quite sound like the type of wingman I generally look forward to flying with. The Reaver Mercenary Company has a distinguished history and reputation to keep up, and I for one am not sure whether being able to sing 'happy birthday' imbues your creation with enough charisma to 'fit in', as it were. Mercenary work is a highly team-oriented affair, and you have not entirely convinced me of your creation's social skills.

However, there are more colours than myself in the Company, and at least one other has expressed some interest in taking a closer look at your proposal. This is us offering you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, as it were, rather than the other way around. When we get down to it, I sincerely hope you're not wasting our time with a tinker toy instead of a real weapon. There are enough rudimentary combat AIs wasting government funding in Sirius as it is already, and neither Company time nor Company credits come easy. Of course, I expect the first trials will put all our doubts to rest.

Do let us know if you intend on proceeding. We'll assume you'll be paying for the initial test chassis, et cetera. If your robot isn't dressed to impress on the day, though, it would be a great shame for everyone involved. Try to get it right first time, hm?

Vanilla

[Image: commslinkend.png]

RE: To: The Reavers - Lythrilux - 03-14-2017

START TRANSMISSION

Vanilla,

The 'murderous killing machine' is the AI's best attribute. It is utterly tenacious in pursuit of a given a goal, which makes it excellent for completing contracts. The AI won't be shackled by 'normal' human attributes, and thus It lacks both emotion and ego. It doesn’t even care if it’s ship explodes. It does not know death. I understand that the Reaver Mercenary Company has a long history of being an assortment of, quite literally, colourful characters. But I am doubtful that the company has employed a non-organic mercenary in the past, making it quite a unique case.

Otherwise, if it's absolutely a must I guess I could add further personality enhancements. I was sure the ability to sing happy birthday would come across as friendly enough. Should I teach it to sing more songs? Give it a Rheinlandic accent maybe? Perhaps I could program it to be edgy and mysterious, going as far to give it a voice warper and dress it up in a hood? Oh, I know, I think I could take delight in the idea of making it sarcastic and satirical. I'm sure that'd make interactions with its prey quite… interesting.

Anyway, I'm sure this will turn out to be a worthy investment. When it is necessary, such as for occasions like introductions, I will load the AI into a chassis - which I will source myself. Otherwise, it will mostly exist as a program and inhabit the on-board computers of ships it controls. But if you do wish 'meet' it in person, I will be sure to dress it up in suit attire.

Regards,
-Dr. Kuro

END TRANSMISSION

RE: To: The Reavers - Silver - 03-15-2017

[Image: crf8CnW.png]

Waaaaaait a gooddamn good full minute.

*Sucks on the popsicle*

So you're tellin' me you are offerin' us a good ol' HK Toaster that can fly? Like the honest to Death pieces of machinery Hunter Killer bots that managed to cut down five hundred people in the Barrier five years ago before getting shut down?

*Stops sucking and looks at the camera in silence*

CAN WE HAVE IT, PLEASE?

*Smiles like a little girl*

Pretty please, with sugar on top. Love you.

RE: To: The Reavers - Haste - 03-15-2017

[Image: AeK5YRE.png]

Dr. Kuro,

As you can see, I don't have much of a choice in this matter. Our staging area is currently in Kepler, aboard Ames Research Station. If you can get your 'bot - or at least its consciousness - there without it massacring half the Kusari populace, we should be able to get it all set up for a test drive.

I must warn you, however. If this thing harms a single Reaver, one of our clients, or otherwise damages the Company's reputation, you're a dead man. The Company doesn't normally kill without a contract, but for you, I'll make an exception.

Are we clear?

- Cerulean.

RE: To: The Reavers - Lythrilux - 03-19-2017

START TRANSMISSION

Cerulean,

I assure you, none of you will come to harm. The AI should be with you shortly. I've sent it to you within a Sabre very heavy fighter. It won't let you down.

Regards,
-Dr. Kuro

END TRANSMISSION