Discovery Gaming Community
To: Ames Research Station, Subj: Facilities - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Ames Research Station, Subj: Facilities (/showthread.php?tid=148656)

To: Ames Research Station, Subj: Facilities - Alestone - 03-12-2017

[Image: 39OXucf.png]
[Image: oHLnUdr.png]

Alestone Enterprises

Source: -=AE=-|Ganesha, Tau-44 system
CommID: Charles Alestone, CEO Alestone Enterprises

Recipients: Ames Research Station, Kepler System

Encryption: Commercial Standard

To the management of Ames Research Station,

Greetings!

I would like to inquire about the possibility of acquiring mooring and accommodations aboard the station.

My ship, -=AE=-|Ganesha, is a modified Corvo class scout cruiser. She is designed as a research vessel, and will be moving in and out of the system on a regular basis.

My accommodations would amount to a secure IT space, living quarters and, if possible, one of the old dark matter labs. While my research does not involve dark matter, it does involve certain types of energy research and I believe it would be prudent to conduct it in one of those labs.

RE: To: Ames Research Station, Subj: Facilities - Ingenuus Research Group - 03-13-2017

[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 3 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Dr. James Erzie :-_-_-_-_-

Charles Alestone,
I'm personally very familiar with the vessel you currently incorporate, and I'd like to inquire about your affiliations. The Corvo is a civilian vessel, perfect for corporate use, so use of the station should be well within our capability. Quarters can be used freely, without any special arrangements as it stands currently, however, lab space is another story.

You inquire about "old dark matter labs," to which we do not have specific labs for. Such labs are derivative of our already existing energy and emission equipment, and thus are quickly re-purposed as such studies are the forefront of our organization's pioneering. However, much of our equipment is utilized aboard the Ingenuus' flagship, where we house the highest quality and performance laboratories in Sirius. Ames Research Station's laboratories are primarily medically focused, so if you were looking for emission or energy specialized space, I'd recommend Corinth. That is, of course, if you're in a position to where you don't mind the trip.

Beyond that, I'll warn you that acquisition of laboratory space is quite expensive, as we would be inherently losing that space for our own use. As for your IT space, I'd recommend equipping your own vessel to specialize that space. It has most of what you need already integrated.

Dr. James Erzie
Director; CEO
Ingenuus Research Group

RE: To: Ames Research Station, Subj: Facilities - Alestone - 03-13-2017

Doctor Erzie,

Thank you for your response.

As to my affiliations, I am an independent business man. Some years ago, I was part of Star Enterprises, although that organization has not existed for a while. At that time, I was a subscriber to the Zoner philosophies, but it would be misleading to claim to be an adherent here and now. If a label is required, Freelance scientist is probably most applicable.

I mention Zoners because I know the history of Ames Research Station prior to Ingenuus Research Group becoming the caretakers for the station. I do not know how much you know of Zoner history and the Confederation of Freeports, but a group known as Phoenix used to manage the station. Before their catastrophic disbandment, I was personally negotiating for space on Ames because of the labs that Deep Space Engineering had made as part of the original construction.

Those labs were built expressly to investigate the dark matter clouds in Kepler. I understand that any station is an evolution in progress, but the space I am referring to was intentionally designed with hazardous activity, handling dark matter specifically, in mind. I am not interested in dark matter as a research topic, but I had been hoping to utilize the reinforced facilities.

I will grant you the courtesy of believing that the facilities in question got "lost" when your organization was forced to assume the management of the station so unexpectedly. Since you are uninterested in my tenancy, I will hope that, now that you are aware of their existence, you make good use of them.

It is good to know that IRG holds the same standards that it did when last I interacted with them. I will give your advice the consideration that it deserves.

Thank you for your time.

Charles Alestone