Discovery Gaming Community
BAF Dunkirks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: BAF Dunkirks (/showthread.php?tid=14902)

Pages: 1 2 3

BAF Dunkirks - Dieter Schprokets - 01-02-2009

We have several Dunkirk bases:

the Essex, the Suffolk, the Norfolk, the York, the Derby, the Macduff, the Grimsby, and the Arc Royal.

What if BAF Members of Captain rank or above were assigned their own, and normally based out of their Dunkirk, and had some responsibility for that area?

Bluntpencil gets one too.

Maybe the Fleet Admiral only gets the Pendragon, and rebases it on occasion, depending on need?

Silly idea or good one?

Who wants which one, if a good idea?

More active players should get ones closer to the front line. ie, Blunt at the Derby, MarvinCZ at the Norfolk..

Less Active players (Stratus, no offense), maybe the "safer" Stratus gets the one in Salisbury, maybe? The Harlow?

(BTW, Bribe the Fleet Admiral..:))

BAF Dunkirks - guitarguy - 01-02-2009

It might help to assign everyone to a system/battleship area to manage the large BAF membership. For example: MarvinCZ gets a "squadron" of player fighters and bombers assigned to him, that primarily patrols around the Norfolk, and sticks together in large events.

On the other hand, micromanaging will be complicated.:(

BAF Dunkirks - Koolmo - 01-02-2009

Wouldn't mind the privateers being officially based off the Derby, although most of our operations start out of tau 23.

BAF Dunkirks - Dieter Schprokets - 01-03-2009

Was just going to do the above.

Assigning to squadrons doesnt work well.

SF did that.

BAF Dunkirks - Koolmo - 01-03-2009

Yea, but most players in SF had a ship in each squadron too, and we could always move between, if we felt there was the need. My cruiser was technically based out of cam, to fight off corsairs, but it got all the way up to tau 31 a few times.

BAF Dunkirks - Drake - 01-03-2009

I have to agree with Mr. Schrokets on both counts. Assigning Dunkirks to the various NPC battleships would be cool, but trying to divide up all the BAF characters by Dunkirk is going a bit too far, and it's unnecessary.

BAF Dunkirks - Dieter Schprokets - 01-03-2009

' Wrote:I have to agree with Mr. Schrokets on both counts. Assigning Dunkirks to the various NPC battleships would be cool, but trying to divide up all the BAF characters by Dunkirk is going a bit too far, and it's unnecessary.

Right.

I'm thinking more of an RP device, and a source of pride for the member, ie

"Admiral McKenna, once you return to your command on the Norfolk, I ask you muster the Fleet there."

BAF Dunkirks - guitarguy - 01-03-2009

I see what you mean.

BAF Dunkirks - Simsonator - 01-03-2009

I think this could be an interesting development and could enhance our gaming in the BAF, bring it on i say

BAF Dunkirks - CaltuRe - 01-03-2009

Sir, never it is known from what party enemies will come and how many they will be, I think what better to leave free patrol. If will be on separateness the pilot being more close to a front line will be more skilled, and pilots being on patrol in less dangerous sites can become puzzled. As прийдеться often to throw reinforcements from one zone in another.