Discovery Gaming Community
Do we Teleport when we disconnect? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Do we Teleport when we disconnect? (/showthread.php?tid=149040)

Do we Teleport when we disconnect? - Dr.Zaff - 03-27-2017

Today , Those 2 things happened to me . I will try to explain in details , so you might have the chance to know what the problem is .
1st time it happened :
I Undocked from Southampton shipyard, New London system , Took Jump gate to New Castle system , Took trade lanes to Scorborough Station to buy High Performance Alloy . I disconnected just after i hit dock and before i get into the station .
When I reconnected... I was at Southampton shipyard , New london system .

2nd Time :
I Purchased High performance Alloy from Scorborough Station , New Castle System . Went to . Baffin , Tau 29 , Kyushu , New Tokyo , Hunshu , Sigma 13 ..... Just got out of the gate , was waiting the guys iam flying with .. around 1 minute of waiting then ... Disconnected.

Reconnected. Logged into the server..... Lost connection , Did it like few times. till i already found my self .. On Scorborough Station , New Castle, With full Load of High Performance Alloy. Not even a scratch dmg to hull

Not first 2 times it happens to me. But its too much.
Also have a problem of disconnecting once i launch to space . Specially when its first time i connect i plug my router .

Sorry for making it long .
Thank you in advance.

RE: Do we Teleport when we disconnect? - KandySingular - 03-27-2017

This could have been due to the server restarting to implement the Event. At least the one situation where you still had cargo in your hold.

When your ship gets destroyed, you go back to the last base you were docked on. That could have happened in the first situation, where you might have "Planet Dived" with out knowing it. You might have lost connection, right before you hit the dock button. Client side (your PC) will tell you that you are docking, but the server has not gotten that command yet, because of the connection interruption, and thus your slip will slowly keep going forward and crash into the planet.

All in all, it sounds more like you may have connection issues on your end, as I have been online all morning and except for the server restart, have not had any issues being disconnected.

I hope this helps, and don´t get discouraged, sometimes "crap" happens.

RE: Do we Teleport when we disconnect? - Dr.Zaff - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 01:39 PM)KandySingular Wrote: This could have been due to the server restarting to implement the Event. At least the one situation where you still had cargo in your hold.

When your ship gets destroyed, you go back to the last base you were docked on. That could have happened in the first situation, where you might have "Planet Dived" with out knowing it. You might have lost connection, right before you hit the dock button. Client side (your PC) will tell you that you are docking, but the server has not gotten that command yet, because of the connection interruption, and thus your slip will slowly keep going forward and crash into the planet.

All in all, it sounds more like you may have connection issues on your end, as I have been online all morning and except for the server restart, have not had any issues being disconnected.

I hope this helps, and don´t get discouraged, sometimes "crap" happens.

I am sure i had connection issues. But the issue just disappears by its own ?
I was in a cyper cafe today when both incidents happened , the owner was just switching networks or something like that..

However , that thing about disconnecting just after launching.. happens when iam home , at cyper cafe , With my friends.
I have no idea what id going on . It gets fixed by itself , and happens once again later.

RE: Do we Teleport when we disconnect? - Epo - 03-30-2017

It is a known bug. You basically return to the last docked station with the cargo you have if you get disconnected twice in a row or have problems with logging in again after getting disconnected.

It has happened to me not only once. Avoid f1ing and spamming connect + escape buttons when the operation's taking longer than expected.

RE: Do we Teleport when we disconnect? - Dr.Zaff - 03-30-2017

(03-30-2017, 08:30 AM)Mr NPC Wrote: It is a known bug. You basically return to the last docked station with the cargo you have if you get disconnected twice in a row or have problems with logging in again after getting disconnected.

It has happened to me not only once. Avoid f1ing and spamming connect + escape buttons when the operation's taking longer than expected.

I don't do any of what you mentioned above. however . it seems like i tend to disconnect just after i connect to the server " Just sometimes" .

I usually log in a character that is already docked in a station . Keep typing in // oorp . if the chat appears for 1 minutes after i log in.. everything should be fine.
So i just undock , redock then switch to the character i need.

That's how i solve it..... temporary