Discovery Gaming Community
Back from the future - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Back from the future (/showthread.php?tid=149820)

Pages: 1 2

Back from the future - Naethel Bane - 04-27-2017

Used to play that game over 10 years ago - yeah I know; doesn't make me any younger. Still love it as much as back in the day! Mods have done wonders here keeping the vibe authentic.

Now I am a bit disappointed almost all is faction oriented - I read as much as humanly possible and there isn't much at all about freelancers in terms of gameplay, tips, etc. Strange for a game called ... Freelancer xD

Long story short, I'd love to join a freelancer guild if there's one around.
Please drop a few lines to let me know how to find you if you exist.

Happy hunting, pirating, trading, mining, carebearing all :3

RE: Back from the future - Sombs - 04-27-2017

It really isn't that much faction oriented. You can roam around alone or hire others or work together with them. Current active as Freelancers are only the Forlorn Hope. Quality guys! But take the hint from me: Stay away from all kinds of ooRP groups as long as possible and try to explore the universe first. Make your own opinion, roleplay with the people and when you did that, you can still join factions. It is however not necessary.

RE: Back from the future - Emperor Tekagi - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 09:11 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: It really isn't that much faction oriented. You can roam around alone or hire others or work together with them. Current active as Freelancers are only the Forlorn Hope. Quality guys! But take the hint from me: Stay away from all kinds of ooRP groups as long as possible and try to explore the universe first. Make your own opinion, roleplay with the people and when you did that, you can still join factions. It is however not necessary.

Exactly this. Go discover the world of the mod and it's many many factions before you end up tying yourself to some place and missing the rest of the universe!

Welcome ;3

RE: Back from the future - The Sovereign - 04-27-2017

Welcome back, we hope to see you in space soon Big Grin

RE: Back from the future - Byron - 04-27-2017

Hey man! Nice to see you around!

Disco doesn't have to be faction-orientated if you don't want it to be, at least that's my opinion. It's just an addition for those who want to RP in larger groups.

I hope you will enjoy your stay! Also, feel free to join us Forlorn guys if you feel like it, we're always up for new people to join.

P.S..: Thanks for the compliment @"Sombra Hookier". Smile

RE: Back from the future - Shiki - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 09:11 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Stay away from all kinds of ooRP groups as long as possible

i would actaully suggest to make a friends first and then fly around with them. I don't get why are you pushing a person for such asocial approach.

RE: Back from the future - Naethel Bane - 04-28-2017

Hi again

First of, thanks to all for your feedback, comments and invites!

Maybe I didn't express myself clearly enough. I am actually flying thru the universe really enjoying the good old exploring vibe (plenty more to cover still) and I also made quallity friends in these 2 weeks I've been back - woot to the truly awesome peeps from IMG! I have also met unsavoury people, and it's all in another day's gaming, and totally unrelated to RP.

I am actually up for all for every aspect of the game; I just felt that after reading through the forum there virtually was nothing pertaining to being a freelancer contrary to being part of a faction. And a good example to illustrate that is mining.

What I personally really like is the no politics, pack mentality free spirit only tied to a code, stance of the freelancer. After my fun experience mining with IMG I thought about getting myself a bonus ship and (unless I missed something) what was my disappointment realising there was NO mining guide, not even a few mentions directing the freelancer regarding ships, (whether or not they come with bonuses) rules, etc. On the other hand there's walls of text about factions.

IDM that the game restricts certain status; I find it actually cool it is designed to push players to cooperate in certain areas which is great for the dynamics of the game as a whole.

But as I am still reading thru the forum hoping to find material to bite into, I am just a little disappointed to be unable to find any section dedicated to freelancing.

Happy hunting all

NB

RE: Back from the future - Sombs - 04-28-2017

(04-27-2017, 09:46 PM)Sici Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 09:11 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Stay away from all kinds of ooRP groups as long as possible

i would actaully suggest to make a friends first and then fly around with them. I don't get why are you pushing a person for such asocial approach.

Because Discovery loses much of its charme the moment you learn the ooRP relations of the people behind the characters. Also, the moment you get in touch with a group, you get in touch with their biases. The best experience I myself had in Discovery was always when I didn't know who was the player behind it. Angelica Caras, for example. ;3

Mining Guide

Took literally seconds to find that one via Google. "Discovery Freelancer Mining Guide"

RE: Back from the future - nOmnomnOm - 04-28-2017

Free spirit pack mentality only tied to a code?

That's AFC for u!

Other freelancer factions include FL-ER

RE: Back from the future - Kauket - 04-28-2017

http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=178

^Tutorial Section

If you need help, don't be afraid to ask, everyone can help you. My suggestion is that you fly around; see what you like, but I guess you're already doing that. Personal tip concerning finding your place, experience things for yourself rather than by word, it's best to swallow the blue pill and avoid oorp drama.

List of official factions: http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60