Discovery Gaming Community
Player Sanctioned: {X-Hunter} - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Sanctioned: {X-Hunter} (/showthread.php?tid=150154)

Pages: 1 2

Player Sanctioned: {X-Hunter} - sindroms - 05-09-2017

{X-Hunter} has been sanctioned for:

Quote:3.6 Attacking without Roleplay. Players must be given reasonable time to react to hostilities.
3.7 Shooting characters under level 30

Consequences: Banned until you post here.

This is the third time you cross our desk these last few months.
This time you felt inclined to open up on a player after one line of what could be assumed was an attempt at roleplay. Not only that, but for some reason the person you ended up killing in the end was a rank 20 bystander in a sunburst freighter, which happened right after you dropped that line.

While looking up on the chat logs, we also came across to see your overall local and system chat to be borderline out of roleplay. You will post here explaining what the rules above mean and how you will follow them if you want to remain a part of this server.

If you require evidence, you may request such via PM from a Staff member. Only the accused or an official faction leader of the accused person's faction may request such. Once you have the evidence, and if you wish to dispute it, you may post in the Sanction Thread below. Do not continue PM'ing a staff member, as that will result in your Appeal being denied. If you PM a staff or post in the sanction thread and you are not directly involved, you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbors, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Sanctioned: {X-Hunter} - DeadeyeBlades - 05-09-2017

ok to start with i dont see how this
Line 28406: 08/05/2017 03:03:29 {X-Hunter}->Li01: this fg hard to aim
Line 28539: 08/05/2017 03:45:37 {X-Hunter}->Li02: no you attacked before combat
has any bearing on this player i killed can clearly see from time was 3 hours before and in another system.

as for this, i get droped out of the trade lane to see a pirate and a frelancer iff by the lane.
Line 28657: 08/05/2017 05:13:36 Flight->LI09: Holt: Oh hi.
then over 1 minuet later after watching them did i say this (yes 1 whole min)
Line 28658: 08/05/2017 05:14:45 {X-Hunter}->LI09: haha as you wish i kill you both
then as you can clearly see i fired 2 and a half mins after this. only shot one time and the guy died. how is over 2 mins before fireing on him not enuff time to react?? and as for his level i did not see it i dont alway lock the target before fireing just put crosshire on the dot and fire.
Line 505076: [08.05.2017 05:17:33] NOTICE: Death charname=Elliott.Wallace killername={X-Hunter} system=83a6ae4f
i then commeted one down
Line 28661: 08/05/2017 05:17:40 {X-Hunter}->LI09: one down
the opther guy ran off so i went back into the lane and continued to erie. where i met another player. i greeted him.
Line 28678: 08/05/2017 05:35:28 {X-Hunter}->LI09: hey hows you.
he greeted me and i waned him of the guy that ran off before was a pirate.
Line 28680: 08/05/2017 05:35:58 {X-Hunter}->LI09: good good the fire guy is a pirate.

not sure how thats out of roleplay?

quote.
While looking up on the chat logs, we also came across to see your overall local and system chat to be borderline out of roleplay. You will post here explaining what the rules above mean and how you will follow them if you want to remain a part of this server.

so border line so was in roleplay you just thee was no // talking or non rp subjects talked about so how is it not rp??????

and also how is landing selling cargo and taking off cheating cos thats all the set the cheat thing off. so a glitch and server load mistake not a cheat.

also funny how in pic 2 the time of my talking is /time stamped and yet the time of the guy dieing nearly 3 mins later was not /time stamped so again how is this evadence of not enufff time to react/

pic 3 i dont see as to how it is relavent to anything at all? and pic 4 is just a guy takein a pic of the cheat system misfireing

ok think thats all i can think of on this so what exactly have i done wrong?? other then not look at a guys level before fireing a guy that was with a pirate/

RE: Player Sanctioned: {X-Hunter} - sindroms - 05-09-2017

You were sanctioned and warned for these same actions before. We are not entirely sure why you ended up on our report section again.

You are flying a capital ship and encountered two low-level characters, one of them sporting a pirate ID. If what you describe is the case, standing still for a minute while silent does not justify as roleplay before opening fire on someone.

Quote:and as for his level i did not see it i dont alway lock the target before fireing just put crosshire on the dot and fire.
The issue is that you are supposed to notice. You, a player who has been enough time on the server to obtain a capital ship, opened up on another player, a player with a total of two hours on the server, without checking for his ID, his ship or his level. Why would you, a navy officer, even open fire on a Miner ID on your ship in the first place?

This is what the sanction stands for.
As for your engagement, we included the rest of the log to show that this was your only line of roleplay prior to the engagement. The images accompanying the log was the whole of the evidence that was submitted and we include all of it - relevant or not, when asked for evidence.

Had you actually taken a look at the server rules since your last sanction, you would know by now that this is not sufficient roleplay to shoot another player. We highly suggest you do so this time.

as far as i read the situation when droping out of the lane was like this, i see a pirate and a freelancer, clearly displayed next to there names ( there iff) not a pirate and a miner, why is a miner got a freelancer iff would be much less confusing if it said miner or freelance miner so we can tell the diffrence between a miner and a freelancer that could be working with the pirate.

if it had been labeled corectly then i would not have assumed he was working with pirate and fired at him.
as if i had know he was a miner not freelancer i would have asumed he was being attacked and defended him rather then shooting him.

I will target all ships that are non npc.s before shooting to make sure there actuly the id there iff says they are, this will stop the wrong guy getting shot and such mistake from happaning again as would also see player level.

but i still dont see how you think that TALKING is the only form of RP. the actions you take in the game are also RP.
as a navy id it is my job to kill pirates. (and the ones working with them)

I abeyed the rules and talked long time before killing.
but i dont see how this is bad rp i did not break char.
(am a bad speller and slow typer. cos of this the type of chars i play, they talk little and act more)
but as long as there acting how there id should act i dont understand hows it bad RP.

an example of this would be like when player talks to me then when i am half way thro typeing a response dicide i have ignored them and open fire on me.. in this situation i have not even had chance to say anything but cos the other guy can type faser and get out 3 or 4 lines of whatever they say then its ok for them to shoot me. but from my end i know they about to attack from there lines but if i shoot at them i get santioned for not talking. so how can i even defence myselfe?

or when i stop to try to RP talk to a player and they will just run off. now i dont have time to type for ages i have to act or the engament will be off and there escape. so i only get time to type a short msg. so to not break the rules i say something like gunners lock on and fire when if range, then i chase them. they have had there engament msg and by time a catch them they had time to do something about it. so would this be bad RP?

quote, This is the third time you cross our desk these last few months.
YES all true and you can most likely expect to see me in this office a lot more. the main reson for this is not i a bad player that is here to annoy you but cus i learn by doing i read all the rules (the meny miles of them) but i can only learn how they apply in the RP world by doing. i learn by playing and i play a lot so it stands to reson i will make mistakes in my RP and gameplay but the amount i make in a short time is coz the amount of hrs i play not coz i am allways just looking to do some shit wrong.
reading rules a millon times wont change this only playing and learning from messing up will make me a better player and RP.er
so i guess what i tryin to say is dont see it as a bad thing me being in ya office all the time see it a a good thing if i am here it cos i being active player wether i get it right or wrong at least i am here trying. much love deadeye.

RE: Player Sanctioned: {X-Hunter} - DeadeyeBlades - 05-11-2017

are you dead or just ignoring me?

RE: Player Sanctioned: {X-Hunter} - sindroms - 05-11-2017

We have a feeling you are missing the point of the server's roleplay environment. If you are not capable of giving the players you encounter the amount of time necessary for a chance to react your cruiser, restrict yourself to Connecticut. As a player you do not have many obligations, but one of them is to follow the server rules instead of rolling around your cap blasting at anything that is red. Especially IDs you aren't supposed to attack in the first place and low-level players that are of no danger to you.

Re-read the server rules regarding how engagement works, we highly recommend it. Restrain yourself, because if you will end up on our desk again, you will be either facing an extended leave from our server or you will find that your cruiser is now a stargazer. The ball is, as they say, in your park now.

Your account has been unbanned.