Discovery Gaming Community
Silver Wings - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Silver Wings (/showthread.php?tid=150200)

Pages: 1 2 3

Silver Wings - Eris - 05-11-2017

Office D4, Officer Deck, Battleship Yukon
ESRDTACCOM, Cortez System

11/05/825AS

Four marines, special forces from the attitude, secured the door to the office in question. First Fleet Lieutenant Kate Albey saluted and presented her identification without a word. No noise is good noise, her sergeant in the One Four One always said, and every marine in it took it to heart.

The 'Metal' Bats, they were called. No-light insertions, nightly battles, they did it all. And for four years, it was Kate's family. And now, she was secretly hoping the First Fleet could be one as well. After checking the credentials, the leader nodded and opened the door. Kate walked in the office that only had two chairs and a table. With a big blast window showing off the Cortez sun.

Alarms triggered in her head as the door was closed right as she set foot inside the room. Smoke, the ever lingering metallic smell of blood and the sense of fear assaulted her senses. Clenching her jaw, she knew she was trapped in that room and so, there was only one thing to do.

Wait.

RE: Silver Wings - Arbs - 05-24-2017

For a few more seconds, her only companion would be an empty ashtray on the table. But not for too long. Heavy door would open up once again. Soft clanking on the old Yukon's floor as an officer in a BDU suit carrying what looked like some files came in. Wasting no time he made his way to the other side of the table.

"Lieutenant Albey."

He pushed the ashtray from the table and into the ground with the files.

"We'll make this simple. I will ask you will answer."

He opened the files and was prepared the materials. Amongst other things he also put a sound recorder on the table, which wasn't turned on yet.

"So, before we begin, if there's something you need to ask, now is the time to do it."

He put his arms on the table, making the ESRD insigna on his patches visible and leaned a bit closer giving a solid, piercing gaze.

RE: Silver Wings - Eris - 05-24-2017

"None. I'm here to serve." She replied, while sitting in the chair. The ESRD in front of her looked at her and she looked back, not even flinching. He nodded and continued to organize his files, silently, obviously organizing his questions.

RE: Silver Wings - Arbs - 05-25-2017

The officer raised his eyebrows and picked up the recorder. Kate was tough and intimidation was most definitely not going to crack her. Just what the ESRD needed. But testing her wasnt the point of it.

"Very well. Lets get started."

That was when the recorder was turned on. Standard procedure. The officer picked a form from the folder and started filling in some details and basic information.

"Your name, rank, service number, birthday, place of birth, date of enlisting, current and past units."

So much for a prelude.

RE: Silver Wings - Eris - 05-25-2017

"Mary Kate Albey. Lieutenant. SNLN01-825OKSX. Zero nine, zero one, eight hundred after settlement. Planet Houston, Texas System, Liberty. Zero six, fifteen, eight eighteen after settlement. Liberty Navy First Fleet. LGF One Four One 'Metal', LGF Eight Eighteen dash Five Seven Boot Unit." The words came out as if a robot was replying them. Her eyes looked to the side, checking the room. The ashtray jumped on her mind and she wondered the why.

RE: Silver Wings - Arbs - 05-25-2017

As she was gazing the room the officer would be taking in some notes behind the folder. One thing shed notice though would be the canera in the corner. They were being monitored. Someone else was watching. The recorder was perhaps just a decoy.

Lieutenant Albey, what would you describe your experience with the ground forces like? What made you enlist and why the First Fleet later on? Who were your.. "buddies" in your units? Any leftover contacts?"

That was a volume of information to begived to a bombardment of questions. Purpusefully interlaced to break through her rigidness and get the most from her.

RE: Silver Wings - Eris - 05-25-2017

She raised her gaze at the ESRD. "All dead." Remembering her sergeant, she slightly smirked. "99% of the 'Metal' died when the Westfallen went back to the Rheinland hands." Kate pulled her dog tags and looked at them. A reminder of the why she was there.

"'Metal' was my first real home for quite a while. Was a nasty hit back then. Then, Liberty is hurting again.. I just couldn't be.. Prancing around like a buffoon guarding doors for a living." She placed the dog tags back into her shirt and looked at the ESRD, crossing her arms waiting for the next question.

RE: Silver Wings - Arbs - 05-29-2017

"All.. dead." The officer was still taking notes. He raised his head back up giving kate a rather sincere stare. "Unfortunate. Their service is honored." Thats what he responded with, as he put the paper away for the next question.

"Going before that.. way earlier on your eighteen year old self. Barely an adult and straight for the marines." He took a brief pause. "What were your motives back then? Many people feel the need to serve but few stick around for long after meeting their DI. What pushed you to go for the Marines?

As he said that, he pulled the papers back closer waiting to write down the next nores.

RE: Silver Wings - Eris - 05-29-2017

The platitude given by the ESRD didn't rile her up. There were very few words that could honour the dead. Little more in giving grace for their service. "I had nothing, apart from this." She pointed at the Liberty symbol in her uniform. "No home. No family. And nothing to lose. All I ever had was my will." Looking at her nails, she unconsciously decided that they needed a new layer.

"And my aim." Her grin had a depth of truth. She was the top 141st DMR, and the three commendations she earned during the Rheinland War. "In truth, all I ever had was Liberty. In every sense of the word." Looking back at her nails, she decided on a new color. Predator Pink.

"And all I could go for was the Marines in the LGF. Other choices didn't allowed me to be placed in the front lines." Kate resumed her stare at the ESRD, beginning to feel annoyed on his focus about her youth.

RE: Silver Wings - Arbs - 06-01-2017

"Nothing to lose." The officer took down the final notes and put the letter away for good.

The officer smirked. "And what do you have to win?" Apparently he responded with a rhetoric. "No Lieutenant Albey. Theres always something to lose. But never is there always a place to go." As gloomy as that sounded the officer was just as cold.

As he took put the notes paper back in the dossier he continued. "You have nowhere else to go. Is that -true- Lieutenant Albey?".