Discovery Gaming Community
Zoners - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Zoners (/showthread.php?tid=150497)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Zoners - MotokoSusu - 05-23-2017

it is becoming clear the game play is totally setup against Zoners. If you Play a Zoner would it not be logical to fly Zoner ships. the logic of not letting a Whale land with in core house space but allowed to land on house space planets out side their 4 core planets is moronic. I can understand the house spaces getting wound tight over zoner cap ships but the logic of the whale denied docking make no sense. One time a official of liberty told me they could not enter atmosphere well that is not so seeing it can land on the other planets. besides it has vertical and horizontal stabilizers which kind of brings in the reason how a less aerodynamic hauler can. I would like this explained to me because it leaves zoners out of most of the profitable trade route seeing most of them are on core house planets to sale to eg. copper to Denver, Hfuel to pitts and so on. the answer is not get a ship you can use but why is the game set up so. if this is in the wrong forum oh well cry away. but I think I deserve "logical " answer other then stupid ones.

RE: Zoners - Shizune - 05-23-2017

(05-23-2017, 02:42 AM)MotokoSusu Wrote: it is becoming clear the game play is totally setup against Zoners. If you Play a Zoner would it not be logical to fly Zoner ships. the logic of not letting a Whale land with in core house space but allowed to land on house space planets out side their 4 core planets is moronic. I can understand the house spaces getting wound tight over zoner cap ships but the logic of the whale denied docking make no sense. One time a official of liberty told me they could not enter atmosphere well that is not so seeing it can land on the other planets. besides it has vertical and horizontal stabilizers which kind of brings in the reason how a less aerodynamic hauler can. I would like this explained to me because it leaves zoners out of most of the profitable trade route seeing most of them are on core house planets to sale to eg. copper to Denver, Hfuel to pitts and so on. the answer is not get a ship you can use but why is the game set up so. if this is in the wrong forum oh well cry away. but I think I deserve "logical " answer other then stupid ones.

Thats the reason its actually set up, given Zoners are neutral to all of the houses, and can fly 5k's, they can't dock in house space. Think of it like this, if that restriction was removed, that would make Zoners the most overpowered trading wing in Sirius. This was put in years ago and thus far, only OSI, who has put tons of time and effort into their faction, are only official Zoner faction that can land 5k's in house space.

So ya, since Zoners can fly 5ks, and are neutral to most factions, this restriction was put in place to put them on an even playing field with all other factions rather then making them over powered traders

RE: Zoners - MotokoSusu - 05-23-2017

I like to remember the time I have see OSI ships on EVERYnight and not once in a blue moon to protect themselves from loosing their officaldom

RE: Zoners - Major_Mayhem - 05-23-2017

Be the change you want to see in this world and log your OSI-Ship every night then.

Also if some Mod could move this to the proper section.

I don't have osi ships I have Abh ships that are on most everynight thank you osi is not the only zoner faction that puts in tons of time

RE: Zoners - Sylvie557 - 05-23-2017

I believe it is meant to be a game balance mechanic rather than anything to do with inRP logic. This was before my time but I believe it was implemented because Zoner traders were way too common and there was a lot more advantages to trade on a neutral trader instead of an actual corporation. Same reason Freelancers are restricted to 3.6k transports.

Be glad you at least don't need to go through the painful process of getting a Zoner Guard ID to fly the Whale like it was when I first started playing *shudders*

I can understand balancing to a degree but then they should remove the ship then it leave no advantage or debuff the cargo. I use only zoner ships less a small cargo a kusari fighter and my gmg gunboat all but the gunboat are being changed, because the gmg gunboat may stink at armor rate I make up for in style points, to a total zoner fleet. it leaves to few cargo option for a all zoner stable.

RE: Zoners - SMI-Great.Fox - 05-23-2017

Look. Motoko. You're new here so listen to what the others have stated.

Ages ago the choice was made to not allow whales docking in House Spaces BUT if I recall if you use a transport with 3.6k space you still can.

Now we know there are people who do not like this choice but it has been the way of things for a while, if you can make a reasonable argument into why they should be allowed to dock fully in House Space, please by all means go for it.

Also next time for messages like this, go to the Discussions channel, not Communications inrp one. M'kay?

RE: Zoners - Syf - 05-23-2017

Thrown to the proper subforum.

well I am new to the forums yes but in no way new to the sever been off and on for awhile. but know I starting to remember why it was off and on. well oh wise great fox then point me to a zoners cargo ship that is in the cargo limit I can use M'kay. also just not to be so arrogant in the forum you have no idea how long I had been play this server I have lost more account from being offline then I care to remember M'kay