Discovery Gaming Community
Zoners - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Zoners (/showthread.php?tid=150497)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Zoners - Sombs - 05-23-2017

Don't put words into my mouth. I said Zoners are the closest thing next to the Freelancer ID to describe non-military, non-corporate people. It's the closest we got to the old civilian ID, like the Freelancer ID. With other words, people who are playing civilians either take the Freelancer ID or the Zoner ID.

RE: Zoners - Major_Mayhem - 05-23-2017

As I was saying: By pickung up the Zoner ID you subscribe to the consensus of values and the RP of the Zoners. As laid out in the previous post. This is not the case for the freelancer-ID. The freelancer ID is the official sucessor of the civilan ID granting the player the utmost liberty to define his RP.

As Zoner, you can still be subject to FR2, (in theory) forcing a player with the ID to adhere to the aforementioned ideals. Therefore forcing a player to, well, play a Zoner. This is, of course, not the case with the Freelancer ID.

Well, the only the difference between Freelancer RP and Zoner RP would be to be less shjotey and be more passive. Which is pretty much what a civilian is about.

RE: Zoners - MotokoSusu - 05-23-2017

[quote='Major_Mayhem' pid='1893971' dateline='1495550232']

I’m always amazed how little people still know about the Zoners and or the Confederation of freeports.
Now those issues are bygones, but it highlights the nature of nobody outside the Confederaiton of Freeports really understanding the inRP legitimization and necessity as well as the perfect validity in terms of having a common council for all the significant Zoner factions.

[quote]

Uh if i am not mistaken the CoF is wanting to leveeing sanctions and rules much in the same way a government is and a confederation in it self a ruling body. Once a body levees sanctions, rules or even fines then they become a ruling body. this pretty much a fancy way of calling it a senate voting on rules on how a group should act. this contradicts the life style of the Zoners. so i have to wonder if a rouge neph enters house space they call it a terrorist because they are not true zoners. that would apply to the CoF as well less the terrorist part of not being true Zoners. because why would any zoner want to dictate rules to other zoners?

CoF, in an ideal world, reacts only in cases where all freeports and all Zoners of the CoF are involved. However, that isn't currently displayed.

the other day someone said something about gallic and zoners fighting and if i was of aware of it. So who opened that can of worms or is that just a bunch of nothing.

Gallia doesn't like the Sirian Zoners. OSI however has good relations with Gallia. That however counts only for OSI.

RE: Zoners - Kauket - 05-23-2017

zoner infocard Wrote:Infocard
ALLIES:
None

ENEMIES:
Nomads

The Zoners are a diverse group of individuals who, for various reasons, have decided to live in the wild and unregulated systems outside of House control. Over time, the various Zoner communities have evolved to adapt to the unique geopolitical situations present around the various Freeports. While many Zoners simply enjoy the freedom away from stifling House laws, others have intvested in private deep space exploration ventures, either for the adventure or to further an interest in deregulated scientific discovery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchy

anarchy
ˈanəki/
noun
noun: anarchy

a state of disorder due to absence or non-recognition of authority or other controlling systems.
"he must ensure public order in a country threatened with anarchy"
synonyms: lawlessness, absence of government, nihilism, mobocracy, revolution, insurrection, riot, rebellion, mutiny, disorder, disorganization, misrule, chaos, tumult, turmoil, mayhem, pandemonium
"the country is threatened with anarchy"
antonyms: government, order
absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

I don't see how Zoners aren't anarchists, nor did I state anywhere that they're banned from House Space. If anything, I can only imagine the regional Zoners (eg, Zoners of Taus, Omegas, Omicrons, Indy worlds) would band together in dire needs, and would have different laws to adapt to their geopolitical surroundings. Like, if an Outcast screwed up in the Indy Worlds Freeport, you don't want to apply consequences to /all/ Freeports because they'll just blow the one up in Tau-37 to which I think there was some kind of infocard about the Outcats getting annoyed at BHG parking there, same issue with the Corsairs and Omicron Theta - according to infocards - they have been voting whether they'll take over/remove the Freeport or not because of BHG basing there. Contrary to belief, the Corsairs aren't their bestest friends either.

I mainly hate CoF because of the ridiculous 'rp' decisions that they do (militarizing zoners against the core???). Protecting Zoners is one thing, but waving your dong around over others and encouraging them to be totally be doing [this] action, is another, it really seems to be some kind of weak government. Zoners should be getting other people to do the work for them, like having the Order shoot the Core, not getting involved themselves. It isn't their thing to get into politics.

One biggest note is that Zoners don't get any say in it, as it seems to be administrators only and leaders - which is essentially creating a hierachy (why is osi or taz even in there, one is a religion/resides only in baffin who apparently avoids zoner stuff? and one is a corp that happens to hire people of zoner origin??)

Administrators and CoF is "made more important and to look special, giving the last word" - which goes against the Zoner way if you ask me. Banding all Zoners together from one specific region to kick stuff out is ok though, such as infested pilots, gallic spies, Zoners aggrovating the locals in a specific region, whatever.

Then again, it's probably due to the whole admin paperwork stuff, to make FR5's, whatever, since its unrealistic to have a mass Zoner saying with the way the community works. We all know indies can do some of the most stupidest stuff and said people shouldn't really be able to make uneducated sayings, but that's really on them if they mess up.

gah i hate fighting. it is pointless and nothing ever change. pffft i should paint my neph blue and hide in a cloud in nomad space. think that might work? also has any one bought a planet or more to the fact can the modders make a dockable planet that out of a current planet that has no dock? seeing there a wealth of intelligents here i would ask that. then can orbit that and grow space potatos (sun) and make vodka and sell fries. well it time to suck up to the Gallia. in all i am really come to the grip that being a zoner is allll about diplomancy. Any one need a freelancing Zoner diplomate Rolleyes

RE: Zoners - Croft - 05-23-2017

That's one of the issues with having such a versatile faction, if it can doing everything it's almost certain someone will try to do it. Eventually you end up with a tug of war situation were folks try to pull the faction towards their idea.

The truth of the matter is Zoners can only be described as "People who don't want to live in House space." Anything beyond that is just another rope added by players and I wouldn't advise trying to logic in how any faction came to be or possess what because there is none. Things have been added to the mod over years for hundreds of different reasons ranging from 'A good idea at the time' to bias and popularity, often with only a passing thought to what might happen in the future.

Bottom line: Limitations are put in place so no single faction becomes too powerful (in theory) and kills off which ever faction(s) they overwrite, in this case trading. It's game balance rather than logic.