Discovery Gaming Community
On reengaging after dying - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: On reengaging after dying (/showthread.php?tid=150530)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: On reengaging after dying - Skorak - 05-24-2017

You do not "log off" when you press the Respawn button.

RE: On reengaging after dying - Laura C. - 05-24-2017

(05-24-2017, 06:17 PM)TickTack Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 06:10 PM)St.Denis Wrote: If the attacker(s) log off, you may re-enter the system you died in

This is the part that causes the loop hole, both ships die but then both must log off, hence both can re-enter the same system they just can't engage each other, then if either ship had a friendly assisting them then they the opposing BS can't enter the system where as the friendly one can.

You are confusing respawning and logging off. To log off means leaving the game, or precisely not continue playing on the destroyed ship. Hitting respawn button and then continue playing can not be considered as logging off.

RE: On reengaging after dying - Skorak - 05-24-2017

Just the Respawn button doesn't even send you to the character menu.

RE: On reengaging after dying - Laura C. - 05-24-2017

(05-24-2017, 06:28 PM)Skorak Wrote: Just the Respawn button doesn't even send you to the character menu.

My bad, post edited.

RE: On reengaging after dying - Swordmaster - 05-24-2017

This rule is so important for roleplay, but also the most poorly explained. In 1 on 1 situation is very clear. Things get unclear when number of people involved increases. Someone should clarify this for let's say a 4 vs 4 fight, or 3 vs 1.

RE: On reengaging after dying - Sombs - 05-24-2017

That counts for all participants of the fight. It's not the blue message that defines who you have to wait for to log off, because in that case, people with "divided by zero" and other blues without a name, could just respawn. Application of common sense. If there are people left in the system that were involved in the fight you have been in, then you have to wait for them to leave, too.

In the end, just don't forget it is a roleplay server. It's definitely not roleplay if you just got destroyed and ten minutes later greet your enemy on the same ship.

RE: On reengaging after dying - sasapinjic - 05-24-2017

I was on MNS-"Salamanca" , Outcast ship mentioned here .
Me and my Cruiser wingman engaged LNS Dread hugging Manhattan POB and NPC dread patrol . Me and LiDread died on same time ( my death message was in system posted 5 seconds before LNS , blue massage say i die by player , but i was actually under fire of NPC dread patrol , and POB so who knows ) , therefore i considered this both dead , but LNS was alone in pew ( no human allies ) my wingman survived ( therefore in RP finished and kill my killer ) , so since there were no more enemy ships , i sumised i can return . While i was having fun with NPC Dread , another LNS loged-in and engaged me . After some chasing around ( it was draw , no one win , no blue message ) first Dread Pm to leave i tell him i am not dead because my Cruiser Friend survived , he left system and after forum ask , he PM telling me abort this post , then i log-off .
I always thought if system is cleared of all ships that were present when you died , you can return . Especially since in this situation second fight was against ship that was NOT in any way involved in a first fight , and first ship was in NOT any way involved with fight against second ship .

RE: On reengaging after dying - Swordmaster - 05-24-2017

What is happening when all the players involved in a kill log-off? Ok, I can re-enter the system, but I'm allowed to re-engage them if they come back in game? If not (someone said to me ingame), it will lead to a weird situation like sitting next to them in the system but without the possibility to engage.

RE: On reengaging after dying - Toris (Old Account) - 05-24-2017

You aren't supposed to re-engage after PVP for two hours... unless the other player logs off (or someone else kills him, but that's something I may be wrong). That (logging off) is actually a very hard case in here to prove de jure, because X player isn't really aware thay Y player logged off/on - unless one turned the option on.

Myself, I usually turn that thing off, cause it not only causes annoyance when clearing the logs, but honestly annoys when you sit in one place and RP, having at least two messages per minute that someone logged in/out. Same goes for death messages, which I set to in-system only.

RE: On reengaging after dying - Chills - 05-24-2017

Isn't that 'not reengaging' thing covering the whole enemy faction you died to? Also since it sais 'during pvp' doesnt it mean in any case where you die and an enemy player is involved, even if it wasnt him who killed you, ignoring any NPC's and Stations?