Discovery Gaming Community
To: Kiara Garlow || From: Elena Voigt - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Kiara Garlow || From: Elena Voigt (/showthread.php?tid=151708)

To: Kiara Garlow || From: Elena Voigt - Byron - 07-09-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: HIGH

[Image: gwLyK5U.png]

:::ACCESS GRANTED:::
FINALIZING IDENTIFICATION PROCESS ... PLEASE WAIT ...

• »»» Location: Glendalough Orbital
  • »»» Sender ID: Elena Voigt
  • »»» Recipient ID: Kiara Garlow

Kiara,

I doubt this communique will come as a surprise to you, given the circumstances during the last few days. And I truly hate to be that way, you can believe me, but I feel the need to glean the current situation from you. Come on, you can't expect me to just stay at Trenton, or Glendalough, or Manhattan and keep my mouth shut all while watching how you leave on an everyday basis, flying to Leeds and not coming back till the other day.

Hence my question: What the hell are you actually doing there? Don't tell me the route just takes so long, because it really doesn't at all. Are you actually going to Leeds, or somewhere else? I'm not even sure which of these options I should favour more, the fact that you are visiting a warzone or that you might have lied to my face and instead go somewhere else.

I believe you owe me an explanation. Not because I want to observe you in every step you make, that really isn't my intention, I'd just favour to know what a good friend of mine as you are has been up to, not more, not less. But don't tell me it was just supplying the front, because we both know that can't be the whole truth.

Yours sincerely,
Knight Captain Voigt
The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

RE: To: Kiara Garlow || From: Elena Voigt - Occam Razor - 07-10-2017

Incoming Transmission

Neural Net ID: Kiara Garlow
Recipient ID: Elena Voigt
Message Type: Text Only

Hello Elena,
obviously you are right, the last weeks must have blinded me. I should have realized how this looks. This is not the safest of trips, and I was selfish to assume I could just do whatever came to my mind, and nobody would worry. Two times in a row is not exactly 'everyday', but I certainly get what you mean. I feel genuinely bad now for not having said anything. Let me correct that right now, as this is just a misunderstanding.

Let's start in the beginning, two days ago, on Planet Leeds, I was offered a sum of money, higher than what I usually get around there, to get a freelancer offworld, to Barrier Gate. He was not very talkative about how he got there, or where he was from, but paid a very handsome reward for that trip, so I did not ask questions. Because that was my first time on Barrier Gate, I was naturally curious about the station and in the end decided to get a room there for the night. Shady station, but even there you can find very acceptable rooms for the right price.

Now, yesterday I had some bad luck, I ran into a large patrol of the Royal Navy in Magellan and had to evade them, which in the end caused a detour through Bretonia, to get into Leeds from the other side, so suddenly everything already took alot longer than usual. I even decided to take the scenic route back, through the Taus, which took even more time, so in the end I decided to stay on the Freeport for the night. This is a very beautiful system, the view from the window in this room is amazing, but yes, that is no excuse.

You see, only now I realized that after what has happened lately I need to notify someone of my detours, especially you. I promise to be more careful in the future, and tell you before disappearing. I'm sorry I made you worry unnecessarily, and if you have any further questions, we can talk once I have returned to Liberty (in at most a few hours).

Regards,
Kiara

Transmission Terminated

RE: To: Kiara Garlow || From: Elena Voigt - Byron - 08-14-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

• »»» Location: Corinth Research Station

Kiara,

To be honest, I'm not sure if you are actually going to read this when you see the addressor is little old me, or if you are throwing the message right into the trashbin. With what happened, I wouldn't be surprised about the latter, let's say. Still, I feel like a message from my side after our split-up is pretty much obligatory, no matter whether it's going to be read or not.

See, I'm sorry for yesterday, and I guess you've got all the reasons to be angry at me now, it was inevitable probably. I have behaved like an insane and ignorant numbskull full of sh.it, blame the Vodka for it, it made me a little more provocative than I should have been. I should have known that drinking alcohol without a lot of rigmarole wouldn't be possible, and it's right that way. After all you just tried to bring me back to senses, which I'm grateful for. Even though you told me you wouldn't want to talk to me anytime soon again, I think we should wipe the slate clean as soon as possible. I can imagine what you're thinking of me right now, and frankly I think the exact same, but it really is not as you might think. Given the circumstances, of all the ways to say it I realize this is probably the dumbest one.

I don't want to talk about it via this communiqué, though. Instead, I'd be reliefed if you were up for a private meeting. Somewhere, you can choose the location and date. I just believe I owe my closest friend a sensible explanation.

See you, and take care.

Elena

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

RE: To: Kiara Garlow || From: Elena Voigt - Byron - 08-27-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

• »»» Location: Glendalough Orbital

Kiara,

I got no idea where you currently are, nor what you are up to, but I'm aware that you're not on Nicole's Democrit anymore.

Don't you think we should talk about all this, wiping the slate clean finally? There are still a pile of misjudgements left in limbo, and I don't like that, honestly.

Just take care of yourself. I know that you can, if you want to.

Elena

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

RE: To: Kiara Garlow || From: Elena Voigt - Occam Razor - 08-27-2017

Automatic Notification

Recipient unavailable or not in range