Discovery Gaming Community
Rule Amendment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Rule Amendment (/showthread.php?tid=152111)

Pages: 1 2

Rule Amendment - Antonio - 07-23-2017

Rule no.5 (cheating) needs the following text added to it:

Quote:5. Cheating and Exploits - Modifying your Discovery Freelancer installation or using third-party tools in order to gain advantage over other players is strictly forbidden and will result in deletion of ingame assets or/and a ban. This also includes specific cases such as:

5.1 Running the game with uncapped framerate that exceeds 155fps. Computers running uncapped framerate must use a third party program to limit the FPS to below 155. Tutorial.
5.2 Using cruise disruptors or missiles in order to track a ship that has successfully cloaked away during an interaction.
5.3 Intentionally ramming a capital ship with a smaller ship in order to ''flip'' it or ramming a capital ship in order to ''catapult'' your ship away from it.
5.4 Intentionally self-killing, teamkilling, planet and sun-diving during Combat Event Plugin enabled battles in order to prevent the opposing team from scoring points.
5.5 Connecting to the server with more than one character at a time (Multiboxing). Players who share a network connection and play together must not engage in trading/mining while doing so.

5.6 Flying a 90% lag Saishi outside Connecticut.

RE: Rule Amendment - Corile - 07-23-2017

^

RE: Rule Amendment - sindroms - 07-23-2017

@Corile

RE: Rule Amendment - Toris (Old Account) - 07-23-2017

[Image: eDkOker.gif]

RE: Rule Amendment - Haste - 07-23-2017

After being caught playing at such a high framerate that he was jittering (despite being just under/at the rules' FPS limit), @Wesker tried to find a new way to trick others into believing he's a skillful PvPer. It appears he's successfully purchased a Saishi and a garbage internet connection.

RE: Rule Amendment - sindroms - 07-23-2017

Easy decision when?

RE: Rule Amendment - Wesker - 07-24-2017

I prefer the black dragon anyways

RE: Rule Amendment - Daynox - 07-24-2017

Quote:5. Cheating and Exploits - Modifying your Discovery Freelancer installation or using third-party tools in order to gain advantage over other players is strictly forbidden and will result in deletion of ingame assets or/and a ban. This also includes specific cases such as:

5.5 Connecting to the server with more than one character at a time (Multiboxing). Players who share a network connection and play together must not engage in trading/mining while doing so.

What if you only trade... but the 2 players are in completely different house systems?... or one is mining and one is trading in different house systems.. can you still have 2 systems running but be in different area's.. with the odd time you pass each other or what not?

Because technically i could be running Freelancer on 5 different systems in and around my command center. Right now i only have Freelancer with Disco installed on 1of my systems.. the other being a totally different mod that i play single player on. But when i have family and friends over we usually lan the heck out of games..(Multiple Steam accounts and what so on...) so.....
Would it be good if we grouped up at least, yet ran cargo on completely different routes? Or if one of us mined solo, and the other just ran cargo around Sirius? As long as we are not together all the time right?

Or is that written in stone that you cannot trade or mine at any point?

RE: Rule Amendment - Daynox - 07-24-2017

Double post...

RE: Rule Amendment - diamond1 - 07-24-2017

(07-24-2017, 01:42 AM)Lauralanthalasa Wrote:

What if you only trade... but the 2 players are in completely different house systems?... or one is mining and one is trading in different house systems.. can you still have 2 systems running but be in different area's.. with the odd time you pass each other or what not?

Because technically i could be running Freelancer on 5 different systems in and around my command center. Right now i only have Freelancer with Disco installed on 1of my systems.. the other being a totally different mod that i play single player on. But when i have family and friends over we usually lan the heck out of games..(Multiple Steam accounts and what so on...) so.....
Would it be good if we grouped up at least, yet ran cargo on completely different routes? Or if one of us mined solo, and the other just ran cargo around Sirius? As long as we are not together all the time right?

Or is that written in stone that you cannot trade or mine at any point?

Nope. Looks like it can only be combat