Discovery Gaming Community
Crossfire mod compatible with Freelancer campaign? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Crossfire mod compatible with Freelancer campaign? (/showthread.php?tid=152975)

Pages: 1 2

Crossfire mod compatible with Freelancer campaign? - Stolt. - 08-22-2017

I'm gonna play the Freelancer campaign over the next few days, I was wondering if the Crossfire Mod or any other mods actually improved the campaign or if I should just stick to vanilla?

RE: Crossfire mod compatible with Freelancer campaign? - Dino - 08-22-2017

I've played Crossfire long time ago, but if I recall correctly, it had very fun singleplayer campaign. It included some nice stories, lots of background, Sol campaign, Coalition and Dom'Kavash.

RE: Crossfire mod compatible with Freelancer campaign? - Stolt. - 08-22-2017

(08-22-2017, 02:23 PM)Dino Wrote: I've played Crossfire long time ago, but if I recall correctly, it had very fun singleplayer campaign. It included some nice stories, lots of background, Sol campaign, Coalition and Dom'Kavash.

Oh, I didn't know Crossfire had it's own singleplayer campaign. I always thought it was a gameplay/graphics improvement mod. Is it possible to play the vanilla campaign using crossfire mod though?

I dont think so. Vanilla can be played only with original Freelancer, and as soon you install the Crossfire mod, you get its singleplayer campaign. If you're interested in it, you can get more info here.

RE: Crossfire mod compatible with Freelancer campaign? - Alley - 08-22-2017

From what I recall you have to go through the entire vanilla campaign before the crossfire campaign starts, but npcs hit much harder from what I remember as well.
I stopped shortly after Pittsburgh as gameplay balance was a wreck, but maybe it changed by now.

RE: Crossfire mod compatible with Freelancer campaign? - DannyDelicious - 08-22-2017

Weird I don't remember crossfire allowing SP story line. Maybe I played it a long time ago. Although discovery 4.84 works with single player. it's a wreck though

Well, as Alley said, it was a bit hard to complete. But I played it 7 years ago, so you might check what they changed since then.

RE: Crossfire mod compatible with Freelancer campaign? - Alley - 08-22-2017

My experience is from like two years ago FYI.

RE: Crossfire mod compatible with Freelancer campaign? - Docent - 08-22-2017

Sadly, Crossfire sits kinda' dead in the water at present.
You can play the vanilla campaign with the CF mod - it works fine, however there is one problem. Vanilla was easy enough as it is - with the power boost from CF features, you're quite literally stomping it. It's fun to fool around, but that's it.
The fun beginns when you finish vanilla and the mod takes you directly to the new missions. These are at some points actually really hard (especially late in the game). Prepare though for a lot of endless cruising from A to B - the distances in many CF systems are freakishly long.

RE: Crossfire mod compatible with Freelancer campaign? - Secret Intelligence Service - 08-22-2017

Okay thank you!

I think I shall play the vanilla campaign before seeing what Crossfire's campaign is all about =S

- from Stolt, forgot I was logged into this account for a second