Discovery Gaming Community
Critique my new T-Bar Plis - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Critique my new T-Bar Plis (/showthread.php?tid=153850)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Critique my new T-Bar Plis - nOmnomnOm - 09-25-2017

yeah that's intentional

RE: Critique my new T-Bar Plis - SnakThree - 09-25-2017

It looks odd then. In regards to the size. If you actually plan to use these instead of easy-to-read and permanent-unless-forum-is-down way of communicating, consider splitting character box from text box. This way if you use multiple of them, computer/phone can save bandwidth having to load only one version of character box and the rest text boxes, as opposed to all the different files you would have us to suffer through.

RE: Critique my new T-Bar Plis - nOmnomnOm - 09-25-2017

(09-25-2017, 01:06 PM)SnakThree Wrote: It looks odd then. In regards to the size. If you actually plan to use these instead of easy-to-read and permanent-unless-forum-is-down way of communicating, consider splitting character box from text box. This way if you use multiple of them, computer/phone can save bandwidth having to load only one version of character box and the rest text boxes, as opposed to all the different files you would have us to suffer through.

I guess it may look odd to you, but i like it not being 100% steady. It's not a scan per-say in it's technical definition. To me it looks good.

I don't think you understand or have read my intention of how I will use this, so I guess just wait and see becasue I don't want to repeat myself.

RE: Critique my new T-Bar Plis - SnakThree - 10-07-2017

As I said, not a fan of holding RP off-forum.

The media itself while is eye-catching, not really memorable.

RE: Critique my new T-Bar Plis - Backo - 10-07-2017

It's weird when they're not looking at the camera, especially the 2nd one.

EDIT: It would probably look better if reversed so he looks away AFTER saying what he has to say.

RE: Critique my new T-Bar Plis - nOmnomnOm - 10-07-2017

(10-07-2017, 09:54 PM)SnakThree Wrote: As I said, not a fan of holding RP off-forum.

The media itself while is eye-catching, not really memorable.

I guess that is a matter of opinion. I find it more freeing when i can write RP off of the forum too.

(10-07-2017, 09:56 PM)Backo Wrote: It's weird when they're not looking at the camera, especially the 2nd one.

EDIT: It would probably look better if reversed so he looks away AFTER saying what he has to say.

they dont have to look at the camera constantly, though
reversed... maybe. but again... matter of opinion

also on the topic of the 2nd one being reversed... it wont change becasue it is always a cycle.... you know what I mean? you can start at any point but it will still keep going and going

(10-07-2017, 10:32 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: also on the topic of the 2nd one being reversed... it wont change becasue it is always a cycle.... you know what I mean? you can start at any point but it will still keep going and going

It would, because right when he ends talking to the camera it cuts right back to him looking away. If you reverse it would be him talking to camera then turning away and then cutting, which would make it feel more like finishing his talking and cutting off. It only wouldn't matter if the loop was in perfect sync without a sudden cut.

(10-07-2017, 10:35 PM)Backo Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 10:32 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: also on the topic of the 2nd one being reversed... it wont change becasue it is always a cycle.... you know what I mean? you can start at any point but it will still keep going and going

It would, because right when he ends talking to the camera it cuts right back to him looking away. If you reverse it would be him talking to camera then turning away and then cutting, which would make it feel more like finishing his talking and cutting off. It only wouldn't matter if the loop was in perfect sync without a sudden cut.

OH i see what you mean.... but it may be a bit odd... kinda like looking at VHS rewinding.
I think it's fine. The jacket is more important to be shown first. In AFC lore it's a very important thing so if you want to take this further you can say it is a sort of statement to fix the jacket and then say waht he wants to say.

(10-07-2017, 10:57 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 10:35 PM)Backo Wrote:

OH i see what you mean.... but it may be a bit odd... kinda like looking at VHS rewinding.
I think it's fine. The jacket is more important to be shown first. In AFC lore it's a very important thing so if you want to take this further you can say it is a sort of statement to fix the jacket and then say waht he wants to say.

Fair enough.