Discovery Gaming Community
The Cult- Faction Information&Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Cult- Faction Information&Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=155159)

Pages: 1 2

The Cult- Faction Information&Feedback - The Cult - 11-06-2017

[Image: d1WyGS6.png]
[]Introduction:

The Cult is a religious-based organization officially founded in 800 A.S that resides in Sigmas and Omicrons. They carry a continuous fight against the GMG since they re-emerged as a resurgent force. Most of their objectives and much other intel are kept hidden, away from any Sirians. They have been formed after a Rheinland identified convoy went missing in 790 A.S. However, GMG is aware of the organization, yet, thanks to their Mobile Base, GMG was not able to pinpoint The Cult's location.

[]Historical Events:

-21 October 790 A.S, Operation "A New Path"

A small Rheinland exploration convoy made of Freelancers thirsty for adventure moves towards Kusari, looking for a safe path. The Convoy is made of 2 Pilgrim Liners, A few Mining vessels, and some fighters. As the convoy finds a way towards Sigmas, they get stranded in the Nebula that covers the whole System. A few months are spent in Sigma-13. They find a large wormhole, that took them in by force. The Convoy finds itself in a beautiful, bright System, the Sigma-21.

-15 December 792 A.S, "Twisted Minds."

The Convoy discovers a medium sized Planet with the help of their interceptors. A few weeks are spent on finding a decent atmospheric entry point. As a bunch of mining ships arrives, they start gathering any resources they can, from minerals to water and food from the flora and Fauna which is more than harsh. The weather kills 6 freelancers, 4 of them were found with major brain damage such as decay which raises panic within the convoy, being forced to leave the Planets' area immediately.

As the convoy retreated, the 2 surviving freelancers gained unusual behavior, one of their ships also containing an isolated large Oxygen tank which contained anything but Oxygen.

-19 December 792 A.S, "Taken over"

The Pilgrim Liner who picked up the Oxygen Tank has gone silent. Dark-Purple gas was covering most of the ship's internal structure, and the unfortunate Freelancers walk mindlessly, brainwashed through the corridors. The Liner's Captain had empty eyes, and an emotionless voice, keeping to signal the other Liner that everything is fine. The second Liner codenamed: "Zeraya", connects with the first one. Multiple squads are sent inside, no one them seeming to return. After a few good hours, both Liners went silent, completely. The captain of the second Liner does a final act to attempt curing the crew by enabling the ventilation systems and forcing them to erase any trace of gases and Oxygen for 2 Minutes. In this time, 100 casualties are made, but the rest of the cure escapes the gas. However, the remained crew got brainwashed in some sort of way, and the only thing they remember is the "Zeraya" name, considering it an almighty God that led them to peace.

-24 May 800 A.S, "Almighty God"

The brainwashed convoy claims itself to be the cure for the Sigmas, that they have been brought there by Zeraya, so no one would ever touch the Sigmas in order to harm it. The convoy names itself as "The Cult".

-28 October 805 A.S, "Survival"

The Cult begins doing piracy and murders in order to survive. An important move they made is a mass assault on a large, poorly armored independent convoy that carried a huge amount of supplies such as food and oxygen, which guaranteed The Cult a steady supply for 19 years. Leaving no survivors, they kept their own existence hidden.

-1 October 824 A.S, "Rebirth"

After 19 years of peaceful living within the Sigmas, they have decided that the time to spread their religion and create chaos has come. Thus, emerging as a resurgent force, either killing, taking hostages and torturing or forcing the Sirians who pass through Sigmas to leave, but not without a full stripping of cargo, or a sizeable amount of money to their agents are able to gather supplies for their large family.

-4 November 824 A.S, "A New Home"

As the time passed, the organization realized that Pilgrim Liners aren't enough to serve as bases anymore. So they decided, to search for a new home. After very few days, they have spotted a Bustard class Carrier stationed within the
Peloponnese Cloud. The Carrier was in average condition, with Life Support still working. But with docking bays and other components unable to work properly. The Cult, taking the occasion, rapidly populated the carrier and killed any civilian that was aboard. The Carrier was named "Zeraya's Sanctuary", which serves as the Organization's Flagship and headquarters in the far edges of Sirius.

[]Used Technology

-Ships:

[Image: zDY5Zmvm.png]
The Eagle is The Cult's standard vessel. Feared within encourters with great statistics, the ship is a common issue within the organization.

[Image: OFwJN7o.png]
The Sabre as used as the fearsome Eagle. Incredible characteristics and firepower accompanied with a stylish design. Mainly used by Raider cell.

[Image: TDyMh8J.png]
The Falcon has proved that a balance between firepower and agility is possible. Important element in Strike Teams and political encourters.

[Image: FF2LJ9mm.jpg]
The Jackdaw is the beast that leads its pack towards victory. Huge firepower packed in a Heavy Fighter. Wearing the best weaponry The Cult has its a valued piece of tactical advantage used only by Raiders and high-ranked members.

[Image: gAsGUgQ.png]
A valued Scout, probably one of the most honored ones. Armored in battles, feared by heavier classes. And can equip more powerful weaponry than the Very Heavy Fighters themselves. Used by scouts, Elders, and Raiders.

[Image: atWEbuH.png]
Cutlass equips the most powerful weaponry of all. Used only by Raiders, this Cutlass can deliver a heavy punch in combat against Capital Ships, thus, turning the odds even in fights where hope is just a memory.

[Image: O5F9B4e.png]
The Montante is one of a kind. When diplomacy and small fighters are nothing against large enemy vessels, the Montante can turn the odds and lead its brothers to victory. Used only by Elders and Raiders.

[Image: hDHHZvJ.png]
The Cult's Mothership. Used as a Mobile Base, the Bustard has its important role as "The Shining Hope" for its residents. Labs, barracks, medical bays, Ship bays and more are placed through the ship. providing an excellent support where friendly bases are only a memory.

[]Weapons:

-FLASHPOINT
-ADV.FLASHPOINT
-CARBINE MK1 and CARBINE MK2
-DEBILITATOR MK1 and DEBILITATOR MK2
-FLAMMENWERFER-C1 and FLAMMENWERFER-C2
-GARAND-VII, GARAND-VII, GARAND-XI
-CLEANSER-K1 and CLEANSER-KP2
-POT-DE-FER MK1 and POT-DE-FER MK2
-ENFIELD PB4
-HEAVY FLASHPOINT

[]Reputation:

Gas Miners Guild: Hostile
Mining Corporations:Unfriendly-Neutral
Trading Corporations:Unfriendly-Neutral
House lawful forces:Hostile
House unlawful forces->
->Liberty:
-Rogues: Hostile
-Lane Hackers: Hostile
-Xenos: Hostile
->Rheinland:
-Unioners:Neutral
-LWB:Neutral
-Red Hessians: Hostile
-Bundschuh:Neutral
->Kusari:
-Blood Dragons:Unfriendly-Neutral
-GC:Neutral
-Farmers Alliance:
->Bretonia:
-Gaians: Hostile
-Mollys: Hostile
->Hispanic:
-Outcasts: Hostile
-Corsairs: Neutral

[]Ranks&Division:

->Raiders:

This Cell is focused on Military activities. Raiders have access to all of the ships within their tech cell. Their main tasks are to protect The Cult's members with high priority.

-->Avalable Ranks:
-Master
-Veteran
-Advanced Raider
-Trainee
-Rookie

->Elders:

The Elders are tasked with development of weaponry, researching and so on. They are not allowed to fight unless it's truly necessary.

-->Avalable Ranks:
-High Elder
-Elder
-Assistant

->Harvesters:

The harvesters are tasked with gaining supplies for the organization. Undercover, they use only transports such as BWTs and Pirate Armored Transports.

(// the lore is in a permanent state of WIP-work in progress.)

RE: The Cult- Faction Information&Feedback - Shelco - 11-06-2017

And the GMG surely never saw this Cult? In their own Sigmas which they know like their own bagpocket? Seems kinda powergamey to me but I told you that like 2 1/2 months ago. At least you scrapped the star city thing. Mucha suerte.

RE: The Cult- Faction Information&Feedback - The Cult - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 05:57 PM)Shelco Wrote: And the GMG surely never saw this Cult? In their own Sigmas which they know like their own bagpocket? Seems kinda powergamey to me but I told you that like 2 1/2 months ago. At least you scrapped the star city thing. Mucha suerte.

And I'm sure I did not mention GMG ever meeting The Cult? I removed the magic part where the organization is old (123A.S or so), and replaced it with a more recent date.

2) As I said in the new lore, the convoy got STRANDED. and Sigma-21 is not as "cloudy" as Sigma-13, its impossible not to see a medium sized planet.

RE: The Cult- Faction Information&Feedback - Laz - 11-06-2017

This write-up is completely unreadable due to your choice of bbcode. Please refer to this to improve its readability. You could also take some inspiration from some other good write-ups like DWR, FB, C::, Shura, or MRG, to name a few.

Just my honest opinion.

Fixed. Hopefully, people can read the lore without bleeding eyes.

RE: The Cult- Faction Information&Feedback - Doreen - 11-06-2017

Might want to post your alliances and such. Who's an ally? Who's hostile? Who's neutral?

(11-06-2017, 06:31 PM)Doreen Wrote: Might want to post your alliances and such. Who's an ally? Who's hostile? Who's neutral?

Indeed. Will be updated soon. I have missed some sizeable details.

RE: The Cult- Faction Information&Feedback - Shelco - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 06:06 PM)The Cult Wrote: And I'm sure I did not mention GMG ever meeting The Cult?

That's the exact point I'm trying to make. The GMG knows its systems and wouldn't miss a stranded convoy surviving in its territory for so long. Also, what is this shift? From 19 years of peaceful living in the Sigmas to "We kill the GMG".

RE: The Cult- Faction Information&Feedback - Laz - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 06:28 PM)The Cult Wrote: Fixed. Hopefully, people can read the lore without bleeding eyes.

I was more talking layout, size, and lack of colour change or breaks. You have(had) large red font with no images, bbcode formatting, or other content to break it apart, causing it to be an eyesore. All you have done is changed it from red to brown, while not wanting to pile more on, looks even worse imo.

Edit: Look at C::, Prot did a very good job of laying it out in a nice readable way. Colour isn't harsh on the eyes, text is small but not too small, and every 2-3 paragraphs are broken up with images.

Also, [align=justify] & [pi amount=12]. Do that.

RE: The Cult- Faction Information&Feedback - Corpus13 - 11-06-2017

I have some questions for you.
How did you manage to obtain gallic civilian guns (Pot-de-fer and Carbine), if your faction is based in Sigmas? You have techcell, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for me, if to be honest. I'd prefer to stick with general civilian, civilian kusarian and rheinlandic guns, since these ships can be seen in Sigmas.
As @Laz has said, you can use better bb-codes style. Your current style doesn't make me cry with bloody tears, but don't use so many different fonts and colors. Try to find some, that fit the colors of your logo. You can try these.
I don't want to judge your story, since I'm not sure, that I can do it.
I wish you a good luck, hope to shoot you in Sigmas soon.