Discovery Gaming Community
Angels Fall First - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=257)
+--- Thread: Angels Fall First (/showthread.php?tid=157306)

Angels Fall First - Lythrilux - 01-22-2018

http://store.steampowered.com/app/367270/Angels_Fall_First/

Quote:if Battlefield, Battlefront 2 Classic and Tribes went to a fucking crazy orgy and had a three-person baby in the process, you'd get AFF

Quote:Angels Fall First is a first person combined-arms sci-fi wargame.

AFF focuses on team-oriented tactical gameplay and objective-based scenarios with a high degree of replayability, featuring:

Wide selection of weapons and tools, ground vehicles and spacecraft to fight with.
Diverse combat opportunities - assume point to clear a building, hunt with a frigate wolfpack as a lineship captain, issue orders from the bridge of your battleship.
Fully operational and pilotable capital ships with playable interiors.
Unique combination of spaceship and infantry combat - board spacestations, shipyards and vessels to capture or destroy them from the inside.
Dogfighting using space interceptors and bombers, launched from capital ships and stations.
Gameplay mechanics designed as a mix of modern elements (customization, loadouts, persistence) and inspirations from classic shooters (frantic, fast-paced firefights).
Commander mode for issuing orders to your squadmates and teammates.
Full AI support - all scenarios can be played both offline and online identically, supporting up to 64 players or bots filling in for the players if required.
Rich science fiction universe setting.

This game is seriously fun. It really brings back the memories of me spending hours on Battlefront 2 in my youth. It's even more of a blast when you grab some people to play in a squad with you. Even though it's Early Access, the game is pretty optimized and runs well.

RE: Angels Fall First - Titan* - 01-22-2018

it has better pvp than discovery even capital pvp :d

RE: Angels Fall First - sasapinjic - 01-22-2018

To much for my craPC, to bad, looks good.

(01-22-2018, 04:59 PM)Titan* Wrote: it has better pvp than discovery even capital pvp :d

Even games on Android have better pvp capitol space fights, so your point is invalid! (sun)

RE: Angels Fall First - Corile - 01-22-2018

>early access
>windows only
no

RE: Angels Fall First - Lythrilux - 01-22-2018

>playing video games on anything else other than windows

Jokes aside, for an EA game it's actually pretty good. It already passes the test of not having any of the 'dreaded' EA tags (Crafting, Zombies, Open World, Survival), the current product is certainly of quality, very fun, and optimised, and the devs are in touch with the community too.

RE: Angels Fall First - Lanakov - 01-22-2018

Hmmmh, this appeared on my radar just this week-end. The presentation made me extremely moist, the guys have obviously grown up playing and loving the same games I did, and wishing for exactly the same things too. Which appears to be what they're working on. I'll follow it closely, seems a bit ambitious for an independent team, but I've grown to trust indies on large projects, particularly when the AAA industry is content with puking out soulless open world cashgrabs that all play like one another.

RE: Angels Fall First - Durandal - 01-23-2018

(01-22-2018, 10:33 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Jokes aside, for an EA game it's actually pretty good. It already passes the test of not having any of the 'dreaded' EA tags (Crafting, Zombies, Open World, Survival), the current product is certainly of quality, very fun, and optimised, and the devs are in touch with the community too.

I nearly just lost my mind thinking EA bought out the AFF team, then I realized you meant early access.

RE: Angels Fall First - Omi - 01-23-2018

It will probably crash and burn playerbase wise sooner rather than later, but even as a temporarily-playable title it's more than worth it.

Easy for me to say when I've owned it since like 2015 I guess, but still

RE: Angels Fall First - Arioch - 01-23-2018

(01-23-2018, 12:08 AM)Durandal Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 10:33 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Jokes aside, for an EA game it's actually pretty good. It already passes the test of not having any of the 'dreaded' EA tags (Crafting, Zombies, Open World, Survival), the current product is certainly of quality, very fun, and optimised, and the devs are in touch with the community too.

I nearly just lost my mind thinking EA bought out the AFF team, then I realized you meant early access.

Same here. Whew. Looks pretty rad though - may have to check it out!