Discovery Gaming Community
Transports and capital armor - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Transports and capital armor (/showthread.php?tid=16237)

Pages: 1 2

Transports and capital armor - Guest - 02-08-2009

So, as a pirate, i like to pirate. Thats what i do. But. Traders seem to die rather than pay so, when i have more than one people in my group, i switch to a pirate transport. Now, i have purchased a pirate train and wish to turn it into a heavely armored pirating machene. I have a cap 7 armor from my scraped chars and i want to know, would it be oorp to mount it?

Transports and capital armor - swift - 02-08-2009

*cough*

If those stupid advanced trains and whales with Mk VIII cap armors are not considered so, why should a in-RP Pirate transport designated for dangerous pirating be OORP to be armored heavily?
You're good to go, I'd say.

Transports and capital armor - Varyag - 02-08-2009

If the IND can mount it, I guess it is ok.

What would be the RP explenation for an Cap8 (alien design) armor for a PIRATE who make ships out of scrap.

Transports and capital armor - Doom - 02-08-2009

i would say..if u have it...mount it...

i my self had Royal liner with cap7 armor....

Transports and capital armor - BaconSoda - 02-08-2009

Go for it. I plan on getting the Feuriger Kohlrabi cap 8 armor eventually. :P

Transports and capital armor - Jinx - 02-08-2009

transports are capital ships. - so they can mount capital ship armour. - if its about being litral - the armour doesn t say "capital warships" ( although thats just nitpicking about the term )

transports are the very pinacle of ship technology of civilian trading companies - and capital ship armour is just that - universal armour that is less expensive while being less sophisticated. ( like using thick plates instead of many layers of whtever material to achieve the same protection with a lot less weight and mass. )

Good enough.

Transports and capital armor - Sorcha - 02-08-2009

' Wrote:*cough*

If those stupid advanced trains and whales with Mk VIII cap armors are not considered so, why should a in-RP Pirate transport designated for dangerous pirating be OORP to be armored heavily?
You're good to go, I'd say.
I have never seen such boys yet i must say. But if they want to limit their cargo space, shall they. Honestly, i'd say cap Armour VI above will only give you advantage against experienced pilots should you happen to fly a ship with many turrets (as Lux Liner). On Trains, you'll still be scrapped.

' Wrote:Go for it. I plan on getting the Feuriger Kohlrabi cap 8 armor eventually. :P
Feuriger Kohlrabi?:lol:

Transports and capital armor - teschy - 02-08-2009

Joe has a cap8 on his IND pirate train, so yeah XD