Discovery Gaming Community
Docking on bases in PVP combat - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Docking on bases in PVP combat (/showthread.php?tid=165993)

Docking on bases in PVP combat - smellybellynath - 11-24-2018

Hey guys, I've got a question. I was just finishing a mission and heading back to Harrisburg Station to sell the loot I picked up when a player intercepted me. I kept him at bay long enough to make it to a tradelane and dock. It was at that moment he went from being just behind me to miles in front of me (I assume this was due to ping). I didn't think too much of it as I travelled down the tradelane and docked with Harrisburg Station. I sold my loot and then figured I'd head back to see if this player was still flying around. I made RP statements saying there was a hostile ship on scope, and that I would engage the hostile player vessle and it was at that moment he accused me of dying in pvp combat. I told him I hadn't died and explained how I'd docked with the tradelane. He then went on to say that I had docked on a base (which I had - Harrisburg Station) and said read the RP. Now I'm assuming by this he means docking on a base during pvp means you're dead or something (which sounds a little absured) and he's saying by coming back I've broken RP rules. Can someone tell me if I have infact broken RP rules or if this player was just ill informed? Thankyou

RE: Docking on bases in PVP combat - Gardarik - 11-24-2018

Docking during combat (distance to a hostile player is <15k) is considered a PvP death. Therefore, all the repercussions of a PvP death apply.

RE: Docking on bases in PVP combat - smellybellynath - 11-24-2018

I traveled from Philadelphia Station to Harrisburg Station, that's definitely over 15k, so that would mean I didn't break any rules right? Thank you for letting me know about that but, I wasn't aware.

Just checked the distance, I traveled 43.2K away from the player using the tradelane before docking. So I didn't break RP rules right?

I mean, 15k from you to the player you fight. Not the distance you travel. As long as you dock a base while a player you were engaged in combat with is within 15k, you are considered effectively PvP dead

They were 43.2K away. They hadn't docked with the tradelane, they weren't even on scope.

Unless their ping was really bad and it hadn't caught up to me, they weren't anywhere in sight.

In this case, they were wrong and you inRP escaped.

Okay, thanks for the help Gardarik, I really appreciate the info!

RE: Docking on bases in PVP combat - smellybellynath - 11-25-2018

Just thought I'd add to this thread that I was talking to another player and they said what most likely happened is I did PvP die as the player pursuing me was most likely in range of 15k, however I was not able to see them due to their connection lagging. I think this is the most logical explanation for what happened, and as a result in the future I will message players after PvP combat to confirm if I was on their scope when docking with a base to ensure I don't accidentally break PvP rules without knowing.
This scenario could also occur if a player in pursuit of another player was cloaked - just something for anyone reading this thread to keep in mind.