Discovery Gaming Community
Is it time to buff the Starflier - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+---- Thread: Is it time to buff the Starflier (/showthread.php?tid=167583)

Pages: 1 2

Is it time to buff the Starflier - The Sovereign - 01-25-2019

I'm going to preface this with a little bit of back story.

The Starflier is an incredibly rare ship. To my knowledge, only two people in the server still have one, and even if they want to use it, its next to impossible for it to be viable. First is the fact that it has three auxiliary weapon mounts. It can't use CD's, can't mount any weapons except for vanilla weapons, has only 1100 hull by default, and a whopping power core of 95/1000.

To top it all of, its got a massive 20 cargo space, which allows it to at least use a standard armor upgrade. Oh, and it gets a full 10 shield batteries and nanobots. The zenith of survivability I tell you. Also, its unchangeable engine limits it to a cruise speed of 350ms.

Now, despite all of that, its still a good ship. Heres a kill I scored just moments ago trying to see if it would be viable in a real combat environment.

Now, to my suggestion.

I think that the Starflier could benefit from being into a Super Light Fighter, similar to the idea of a SHF class. Change the 3 aux slots out for 2 class 6 guns and a mounted anti-shield beam, allowing it the ability to engage other fighters without receiving a weapons buff. The hull and core would need to be tweaked higher, preferably to the softer side of the current Light Fighter class.

It's cruise speed could be brought even higher, to roughly 430/440, allowing it to overtake even freighters, thereby ensuring its role as an interceptor ship.

Naturally, since solely updating the starflier would be unfair to the sole remaining drake on the server, I propose that similar changes be made there as well.

Thoughts?

RE: Is it time to buff the Starflier - Vexykin - 01-25-2019

Yes

RE: Is it time to buff the Starflier - eigos - 01-25-2019

bring it back, i miss it

RE: Is it time to buff the Starflier - SnakeLancerHaven - 01-25-2019

Yes! BRING IT BACK!

RE: Is it time to buff the Starflier - Emperor Tekagi - 01-25-2019

I love mine though. No armor, classless guns, awesomeness. Please make a possibly new buffed one a clone then.

RE: Is it time to buff the Starflier - St.Denis - 01-25-2019

(01-25-2019, 01:39 PM)The Flame Touched Wrote: The Starflier is an incredibly rare ship. To my knowledge, only two people in the server still have one,

8 Still exist, 1 of them mine.

RE: Is it time to buff the Starflier - Sand_Spider - 01-25-2019

I like the idea of a Super Light Fighter class. I don't think it would be out of the question to create a Starflier Mk II, so that the few people with Starfliers can keep their trophy pieces for funsies. That aside, a class-specific anti-shield beam would be pretty awesome, too. Similar, odd LFs could also be converted into SLFs, such as the Arrow. The Arrow always felt odd with it's super-tuned agility, tube shape and 2 guns, but little else to offer over other Light Fighters.

Also yes, 440m/s cruise speed, please!

I'm thinking Starglider or Starseeker, for a Starflier Mk II name.

Edit: Would SLFs also benefit from a 210-220m/s thrust speed? Or is that too OP?

RE: Is it time to buff the Starflier - Tenacity - 01-25-2019

Bring back the starflea

RE: Is it time to buff the Starflier - Grumblesaur - 01-25-2019

This is... advanced floodposting.

RE: Is it time to buff the Starflier - Hashida Suzuha - 01-25-2019

It is time to turn the decent heritage of Vanilla Freelancer into something actually feasible in the current mod meta.

Seeing it re-integrated would be a decent addition.