Discovery Gaming Community
.:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Inter-House (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Forum: .:j:. (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+------ Forum: Archives (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+------ Thread: .:j:. Junker Congress Admissions (/showthread.php?tid=16898)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

.:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - TFinnegan - 11-28-2010

Ye can be 'around' all ye bloody like, lad.
The .:j:. insignia is reserved for applied and accepted Junkers Congressmen, not just any Junker can wear it, boyo.

Noone's sayin' yer nae a Junker, in fact yer attitude shows ye are an' sure.
Oi were askin why ye be wearin' Congress tags, son...

...is this some sort of application to Congress? Cause if 'tis, its a pess-poor one at that.

.:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - BaconSoda - 12-02-2010

Incoming Transmission...
Origin: Trafalgar
Subject: They Said it Would be Daft

Hello friendly Junkers,

So here I am, in Trafalgar, making a collect call to Trafalgar. They said it would be daft to transmit to the same station, but I did it all the same! It's kind of loud, and there's some squeaking, but, ah, well, a little feedback never hurt anyone!

My name is Johnathan Blunt. You might know me, but you probably don't. I don't spend much time in the upper systems in Bretonia. I spend a lot of time in Cambridge and Dublin, though, and those systems are really pretty. Especially Cambridge. A little too classy for me, though. Top hats and monocles are expensive, afterall.

Anyway, I do a bit of, well, trafficking into fine Bretonia, and out of fine Bretonia on my "beautiful" ship the LosSnuggleros. I move in the finest "Luxury Goods" from "Rheinland," and I leave with the Queen's blood, sweat, and tears right out of Dublin back to "Rheinland." You could say that I have become rather recognized around "Rheinland," but not really appreciated. You know, with this kind of accent, I don't think I could ever be appreciated around "Rheinland." So, I got to thinking, and I thought: could the folks back home many appreciate me?

So, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe I could spend some more time in the upper systems, drink some Bretonia stout with someone who likes it for a change, and maybe broaden my horizons a little bit. Of course, that is if you would like to sponsor me to do so. It would be very nice. Equally beneficial, even!

But, I guess now it's time to stop this infernal blaring...
~Johnathan Blunt

But, oh wait, before I go, I talked to a man named Crow and he was very nice about sponsorship! Could I maybe get patched in to him?

Transmission Closed.

.:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - wolfpaws - 12-14-2010

**Incoming Transmission**

**DECODING**

*Sender: Captain H. Cerovac-Slezachek*

Greetings to Junker Congress from FCS.Lonewolf and it's crew.

As captain and responsible for this ship I shall take liberty to speak in our name.

I hail from Liberty by origins, and have slavic roots in me blood and ancestors, a long family line dating before Exodus to Sirius. My family has always been Junkers as far as I remmember, and roaming the stars has always been to my likings. Helping few souls along the way using my knowledge and patience always trying to helpfull, and getting help in return. The crew grew gradually from souls we saved, or helped in time of need.

Me and my crew go by on scrape runs and trade and have seem most of Sirius form New York to Ommicron and Omega systems. From Manhattan to Crete, from Dublin to Sigma 13 we crossed the stars, learning as familly and friends. Acquring new skills and knowledge.

Now our hearts long to strenghten the bond to the Congress, and it memmbers. To bring strenght to our kinsmen, and helping hand to those who need it. Scraping for a while we managed to build up a frigate, that we fly now. A home before a vessel to us all.

Now we live in reasonable comfort, and the work is abundant for my crew. And what time better, but when prosperity is, to help.

Unfortunately for me and my crew our journyes have been solitary ones for bigger part, as we rarley crossed paths with our kinsmen, a reason to join even more.

The knowledge we can share encompases strange and exotic worlds of Omega and Omicron systems, and had some experiences that showed us a dark cloud that lurks in those worlds threatening us all.

As patient captain, I'm always willing to help Junker families on their new journeys and fresh starts.
Hearts and iron will of my crew and me will stand before any threat to our kinsmen, if need should arise, as fires and hammers of hard times have hardened us all.

I hope for a positive repply from the Congress and I express my best wishes to all Junkers.

The crew has paint ready to paint that sign of us Junkers on the hull, and are all to happy to join.

Captain of FSC.Lonewolf H. Cerovac-Slezackek
"Fortune favours the bold!"

**END TRANSMISSION**

.:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Hawk - 12-14-2010

Lonewolf, your request has been received and will be processed and discussed among the Congress. Thank you for your interest in our organization.

.:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - wolfpaws - 12-14-2010

** Incoming Transmission**

**Decoding**

SENDER: fcs.LoneWolf

As a captain I have a duty to protect my fair ship and it's reputation.

In recent development i detected a ship name Lonewolf. I would like to appoint to everyone that this individual is not affiliated to me or is me in any way.

My crew and me decided to contact you to prevent case of tarnished reputation, and subsequent problems that may follow in wake of mistaken identity.

fcs.LoneWolf captain: H.C.Slezachek

**END TRANSMISSION**

.:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Xahin - 12-20-2010

- Incoming transmission -
- Identification : Alex Watson -

Greetings, respected congressmen.

It has been a long time since I've wished to join you, now I think the time has come.
My name is Alex Watson, maybe you've already met me flying my CSF, the "Foundry". I've spent many time in the fields near Rochester or Trafalgar, collecting and hauling the scraps.

Let's speak a bit more about myself.
I was born on Allentown, nearly 23 years ago. My parents were Junkers, so were their parents before, for many generations. Unfortunately I lost them when I was a child, when they were attacked by a Xeno wing in Texas, while heading to Puerto Rico where my uncle lived. I was still on Allentown during the incident, then my uncle continued my education and learned me most of the things I know actually. I left Allentown and lived on an old salvage frigate which had been in the family for generations : the Flying Junkman. Then I began learning piloting, discovering the universe at the same time. I learned many things about our people, our code of conduct, our diplomacy.
When I was 18, I could fly my first CSV, and immediately began working in the waste fields. I also used it to explore and improve my knowledge. 2 years later, I had enough credits to buy a better ship ; the CSF I still fly : the Foundry. Salvaging and trading began to be easier, however I needed a better ship for the exploration ; with the credits I earned I bought an old Waran bomber. My uncle is now an old man, he's spending his time on Arecibo and I'm the effective pilot of the Flying Junkman.

Now, why do I wish to join the congress?
For my survival. I've been in space for a while now ; I know how to be like invisible when I don't want to be seen by eventual ennemies. But it's not always easy, and doesn't work all the time. Surviving alone in Sirius is nearly impossible, that's why I need a real family, who could give me some protection in exchange of my services. I'm a good trader, I know many profitalbe routes. I have also the exploration in my blood, I spend many time to improve my knowledge about the Sirius Sector, and even a part of the Gallic border world. I could be useful. My desire is just to be not seen anymore as an ordinary criminal, but like a Junker. A true Junker.

About my ships, you can see me flying:
- a junker CSF (Foundry) ;
- a Waran Bomber (Alex.Watson) ;
- and the Salvager of my family (Flying.Junkman, Junker guard ID).

I'm humbly waiting for an answer, wich I hope positive. I'm on your service in any case.

Watson out.

- Transmission ends -

.:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Wraga - 12-21-2010

//Request cancelled

.:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - Patrician - 01-18-2011

...incoming transmission.... antennae aligned.
Comm ID: Kerouacs Krate
RE: Application

...message begins...

Howdy Congressmen, my name's Frank Cooper. I fly the tub known as Kerouac's Krate. I...ah hell, why I gotta make out a stinkin' biography? Oh #$^*, this thing's still runnin'.
Ahem, anywho, I was born in Liberty, Colorado to be precise, in 766. Yeah, Im old, get over it. Ive always been a bit...antisocial. Thats what people call it anyway, I prefer to think of it as preferrin' my own company. Now I aint a curmudgeon or nothin', I just take a while to warm to people. Trust is earned, it aint given. I grew up gatherin' Silver in the fields, like most Colorado boys. It aint safe, no matter what people say; if it aint the natural hazards o' the job, its the damned Xeeners. If it aint them, its the Rogues. If it aint them, its the Navy hasslin' ya. You learn to be self-sufficient, to take care of yer own problems. But you also learn to rely on the men out there with ya, and them on you. You pull yer own weight, and if the man next to ya falls ya carry his load as well, cause you know he'd do the same fer you. Still, its a hard life and I wanted ta see more than ore fields. I got a BAD case o' wanderlust and that aint seemin' ta go away. So, I made a deal with one o' the corporate types that haul off the ore ta work on his ship as a crewman. He gets an able spaceman, I get ta see more o' the Black. Well, turns out them corp boys aint much better than truck drivers; they just go back and forth the same route, at the same time, doin' the same thing. Borin' as hell, you ask me. So, one time we put down near a Freeport, I aint rememberin' which, and I signed on with a new ship, the Trash to Treasure. I didnt know what a Junker was at the time, but thats what they were. The Cap'n, Harry Farraday, took jobs as he could get them; seemin' not ta care 'bout the legality o' such endeavours. Sometimes it was on tha up and up, sometimes it wasnt. When work was slow they mined, which is really where my expertise came into play. After a while, I was treated just like any other crewman, and I really liked the lifestyle. Go where ya want, do what ya want. So long as ya got food in yer belly and fuel in tha tanks, you are FREE.
Well, this happy-go-lucky lifestyle went on fer about ten years, but well, luck had to run out someday. We got caught in the California system carryin' munitions to the Rogues by some Navy types. They didnt seem too inclined in parlay and just startin' shootin' the hell out of the ship. By accursed luck, we blew our power grid and couldnt even shoot back. We wanted to surrender but comms had had it too. *Long pause* Anyway, when the ship's hull got holed, I was lucky enough to be in engineerin' and got into a suit in time. The others......most o' the others werent so lucky. Apparently, our atmosphere ventin' into space convinced the Navy that we were done; I watched them fly off. The few of us left alive managed to rig enough power to get to Ontario; Thunder Bay I think it was. We....we couldve recruited some locals and got tha ship goin' again but.....it wouldnt have been the same. We split the ships funds between ourselves and went our seperate ways. I still see them every now and then.
Well, turns out those funds were quite a bit more than we suspected; we made out pretty well, small comfort that it was. So...I had to decide what to do with myself. After spendin' some time drinkin' and thinkin' I came to the conclusion that I HAD found the life for me, it was just poor luck catchin up to us. Happens to us all eventually, but that aint reason to quit. So, I bought me a ship, a CSV, and went on with me life. Eventually though, even I got lonely. I missed the camaraderie of a tight crew, a family if ya will. So I went ta Invergordon and started watchin' people and quietly askin around. Found me a few, not a full crew, but enough to keep a ship in space and bought the Krate secondhand. Bein a Captain is quite different than bein a crewman but I managed. I aint afraid ta ask the crew what they think and they aint afraid to voice their opinions. We survived. Time goes on we find the people to fill in the holes in our crew in various places. Skill aint as important as temperment. Its been a few years now, and were doin okay. But I seen yer ad in Freeport 10's network and it got me thinkin'. I talked it over with tha crew and we want in. We want to be a part o' somethin' bigger. Course its MY ship and MY crew. You keep that in mind and we'll get along fine. I aint doin suicide runs fer nobody. There. Thats GOTTA be enough.
Oh yeah. Sponsor and skills. *Snort* Sponsor; like Im doin a charity run. Anyway, that guy with tha funny accent, Finnegan or some such has been makin' noises about us joinin. Never took it seriously till I saw that ad and got ta thinkin. Skills? Well...hell I dunno. Everybody on the Krate is whaddaya call it...multitasked. Course if ya mean me specifically, I suppose Id have ta admit Im purty good at weaselin' my way outta trouble. Got a silver tongue I been told. Musta been all the minin' in me youth. Hell, thats it, Im bored! Krate out.

....transmission ends....

.:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - JunkerTown - 01-19-2011

*****Incoming Encrypted Transmission*****
****Comms Signature: James Trenton****
***Ship Identification: .:j:.JunkerTown***
**Station: Invergordon**
*System: Inverness*
Transmission Begins

Greetings Frank Cooper and thank you for your interest in joining the Congress. I like everything I am seeing here and with a sponsor like Finn your as good as in.

Click my signature and register with our private hub and one of the admins will approve you there.
Then you can repost your app in our applications section there if you want too or maybe a link to this app. Once you register there post what ships you want to fly with a .:j:. tag in our roster section.
We will add your ships and name to our roster.. see ya soon and welcome aboard!

~Transmission ends~

//*Update: account activated now

.:j:. Junker Congress Admissions - AndrzejB - 01-19-2011

[incoming transmission]
[from: S/V_Zion @Trafalgar Base]

Good day, Congressmen. C. J. Meeijn speaking here. I'm not too good with words and elaborate speeches, so I'll make it brief.

I feel like I'm getting old. My kids have grown up and became self-sufficient. It was a great effort to ensure their future but now I'm kind of redundant. You know that ambivalent feeling that overhelms people who have achieved their personal goals. It struck me hard.

Recently I decided that there will be something more in my life than sailing through debris fields and collecting scrap. I've always esteemed The Congress, so this application was an obvious consequence.

Maybe, if I'm lucky enough, one day Sirius will be a place where Junkers will be respected and honored rather than despised.

Oh. If we are to work together, I'll have to tell you some important things. I hate mindless, unreasonable violence. Also, I was always trying to maintain a good public image. Or at least good relations with local authorities.

- C. J. Meeijn

[end of transmission]