Discovery Gaming Community
SP Storyline ---The OORP, the Funny. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: SP Storyline ---The OORP, the Funny. (/showthread.php?tid=17041)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

SP Storyline ---The OORP, the Funny. - Guest - 02-27-2009

Hello gents and ladies, I started playing the Single Player Storyline again, and chuckled quite a lot of times during it. I'm still rather at the beginning of the game, but I noticed quite a couple of events that would be considered OORP. Here are a couple of example

1- ''Did someone say BigFatty?''

Mission 1- At the very beginning of the game, The Order raids Manhattan space, to destroy the Donau. Of course, we learn later that it is because Schultzky was nomad infected, but I'd like to see a couple of Order pilots doing that on Disco server....

2- ''LOL we r raidin a base''

Mission 1- Flying directly into a Rogue bastille and blow it all up? That would bring quite an argue...

3- ''Drop these artefacts!''

Mission 2- When you scan every ship passing by, you find that lawful trader carrying artefacts. Yeah, right. Not only that, but it attacks you when ask him to give the cargo and that he's under arrest, without saying a word!

4- ''Those indies, what a pain...''

Mission 2- King says that he launches a CD at Ashcroft. Sadly, the CD fails. I wonder why? Is it because Ashcroft is at 10 K from you? OR IS IT BECAUSE KING DOESN'T HAVE A CD LAUNCHER???

5- ''Rogues smuggling artef--- Wait, Rogues?''

Mission 2- It seems that the Rogues gave up their alliance with the Outcasts. Sean Ashcroft is Rogue IFF, in a Wolfhound, AND HE'S SMUGGLING ARTEFACTS!!! Makes perfect sense to me...

Found any other OORP-ness, funny events, or NPCs doing crazy things? Please share it with us!

SP Storyline ---The OORP, the Funny. - Virus - 02-27-2009

As for the rest of that, Order raiding Manhattan to kill an infected higher-up is perfectly reasonable and could be done with a few simple posts of the forums so us Admins know what's going on. Of course, bringing an Osiris to Manhattan is not quite so kosher.

Second one is impossible in this game, but I suppose it could be as mentioned above.

Three is self-defense.

Four is... Weird.

Rogues were originally going to deal in both artifacts and Cardamine, but where changed in some aspects, and not others. I believe I've heard rumors that Rogues MIGHT be going back more neutral, but I'm no developer, so I don't know.

SP Storyline ---The OORP, the Funny. - Cellulanus - 02-27-2009

In the mission just after the race, the mining station glorious is a GMG station, (What are GMG doing out there?) and the Qs Men fighters are armed with Xenos weapons.

In Rheinland the Bundshue leader fly's a Valkyrie.

EDIT: When escaping from Tekagies fortress, you have two Rheinland GBs and Kusari fighters, why didn't the KNF respond with their own gunboats? And why did Rheinland send a couple GB down there with no fighter support?

EDIT2: In the mission where you attack the Nomad layer, King flys an Order ship, but during the landing animation he flys a patriot.

SP Storyline ---The OORP, the Funny. - Guest - 02-27-2009

' Wrote:As for the rest of that, Order raiding Manhattan to kill an infected higher-up is perfectly reasonable and could be done with a few simple posts of the forums so us Admins know what's going on. Of course, bringing an Osiris to Manhattan is not quite so kosher.

Second one is impossible in this game, but I suppose it could be as mentioned above.

Three is self-defense.

Four is... Weird.

Rogues were originally going to deal in both artifacts and Cardamine, but where changed in some aspects, and not others. I believe I've heard rumors that Rogues MIGHT be going back more neutral, but I'm no developer, so I don't know.

The third one is simply about the fact he attacked without warning. Which would be quite a deuce on Server...

SP Storyline ---The OORP, the Funny. - Othman - 02-27-2009

I agree with four's weirdness. Can't see any logic in launching a cd from 10k away either..

SP Storyline ---The OORP, the Funny. - BaconSoda - 02-27-2009

' Wrote:5- ''Rogues smuggling artef--- Wait, Rogues?''

Mission 2- It seems that the Rogues gave up their alliance with the Outcasts. Sean Ashcroft is Rogue IFF, in a Wolfhound, AND HE'S SMUGGLING ARTEFACTS!!! Makes perfect sense to me...

Actually, that should make sense. Before the events of Disco, the Rogues were the main smugglers of artifacts into Liberty, dealing through the Lane Hackers, who dealt with the Hogosha. In recent years, though, artifact interest has gone down, though, not completely disappeared, in the Rogue's eyes due to political pressure from the Outcasts.

SP Storyline ---The OORP, the Funny. - guitarguy - 02-27-2009

1) Between Kusari and Bretonia when your group of fighters gets attacked by a Rhienland fleet.
OMG Capaship Whorzz!!!1111111!!!!!11

2) When two Rhienland bombers attack a battleship guarding the jumphole in Omega-3, they cloak (haxors!)
and engage without warning. Ban them!!!

SP Storyline ---The OORP, the Funny. - kikatsu - 02-27-2009

yes the CD thing makes no sense at all

but the artifacts?
I actually think they fit the Rogues better than the Cardamine does... I dunno why

But Honestly, the rogues are about making cash, I figured that they would have atlease SOME artifact running in the current disco version, but it seems they focus only on the outcasts now

SP Storyline ---The OORP, the Funny. - AJBeast - 02-27-2009

Aww crud , someone beat me to the Qs Xenos ... uhm i mean Men ...

SP Storyline ---The OORP, the Funny. - MrHeadphones - 02-27-2009

What about the LN who kill the guy in the Rhino when you're heading to Cali Minor to meet Juni?
Missile spammers. 3 bloody missiles each.

Also, what about the regular npcs using weapons far above the class limits of their ships? (Cheating haxx0rs)