Discovery Gaming Community
Stockholm's syndrom - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Stockholm's syndrom (/showthread.php?tid=171013)

Pages: 1 2

Stockholm's syndrom - NoMe - 05-31-2019

https://imgur.com/dt1rhHM

a quick reminder, to be sure of his choice

last try and big grins

RE: Stockholm's syndrom - Wildkins - 05-31-2019

are we sure that NoMe isn't just a thirteen-year-running ARG?

furthermore I have evidence to suggest NoMe is actually chris roberts and every time someone buys a $1,000 ship package, he posts in flood

think about it, we've never seen Chris Roberts and NoMe in the same place

RE: Stockholm's syndrom - NoMe - 05-31-2019

ARG ?

to post in flood is useful to say something who is not in rp or almost, always to post in rp is boring and in first i'm obliged to explain myself

go to know, i'm maybe this Chris Roberts but i can't remember who he is.

if the phrase above is in good english say me it come from my head Wink

RE: Stockholm's syndrom - Jayce - 05-31-2019

The words are most assuredly English.

Their organization? Eeehhhh...

RE: Stockholm's syndrom - Reeves - 05-31-2019

Copy that Freeport 4, see you in deux weeks.

RE: Stockholm's syndrom - Shelco - 05-31-2019

Since it's the topic anyway, I will do an educate (Wikipedia will do an educate), so you can learn something after the confusion of the OP.

Stockholm syndrome is a condition which causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors as a survival strategy during captivity.[1] These alliances result from a bond formed between captor and captives during intimate time together, but they are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims.

There are four key components that characterize Stockholm syndrome:

- A hostage's development of positive feelings towards the captor
- No previous relationship between hostage and captor
- A refusal by hostages to cooperate with police forces and other government authorities
- A hostage's belief in the humanity of the captor because they cease to perceive the captor as a threat when the victim holds the same values as the aggressor

Physical and psychological effects may include

1. Cognitive: confusion, blurred memory, refusal to accept the reality of events and recurring flashbacks.
2. Emotional: lack of feeling, fear, helplessness, hopelessness, aggression, depression, guilt, dependence on captor and development of posttraumatic stress disorder.
3. Social: anxiety, irritability, cautiousness and estrangement.
4. Physical: increase in effects of pre-existing conditions; development of health conditions due to possible restriction from food, sleep, and exposure to outdoors.

RE: Stockholm's syndrom - NoMe - 05-31-2019

isn't it the case for the FP4 ex-possessor ? now, i know that they are not died, i heard this rumor in space, So the syndrom remains a good hypothesis

RE: Stockholm's syndrom - Jansen - 05-31-2019

(05-31-2019, 02:06 PM)Shelco Wrote: Since it's the topic anyway, I will do an educate (Wikipedia will do an educate), so you can learn something after the confusion of the OP.

Stockholm syndrome is a condition which causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors as a survival strategy during captivity.[1] These alliances result from a bond formed between captor and captives during intimate time together, but they are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims.

There are four key components that characterize Stockholm syndrome:

- A hostage's development of positive feelings towards the captor
- No previous relationship between hostage and captor
- A refusal by hostages to cooperate with police forces and other government authorities
- A hostage's belief in the humanity of the captor because they cease to perceive the captor as a threat when the victim holds the same values as the aggressor

Physical and psychological effects may include

1. Cognitive: confusion, blurred memory, refusal to accept the reality of events and recurring flashbacks.
2. Emotional: lack of feeling, fear, helplessness, hopelessness, aggression, depression, guilt, dependence on captor and development of posttraumatic stress disorder.
3. Social: anxiety, irritability, cautiousness and estrangement.
4. Physical: increase in effects of pre-existing conditions; development of health conditions due to possible restriction from food, sleep, and exposure to outdoors.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source for academic writing or research.

RE: Stockholm's syndrom - Shelco - 05-31-2019

Good that this is neither, just a heads-up.

RE: Stockholm's syndrom - Enoch! - 05-31-2019

It's a good thing then that Shelco's post had nothing to do with academic writings or research.