Discovery Gaming Community
Battlegroup Cambridge Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Battlegroup Cambridge Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=171109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Battlegroup Cambridge Feedback - Kalhmera - 06-03-2019

Official Feedback section. This is just a battlegroup, it is still Liberty Navy and act as such. Its just meant to solidify the Cambridge's RP and im trying something new. And no, there is no going for official. Should anyone want to join and be apart of the RP your more then welcome to send me a PM and we can chat!

RE: Battlegroup Cambridge Feedback - Stolt. - 06-03-2019

Too many fleets

too many battlegroups

need more 'Task Force's

RE: Battlegroup Cambridge Feedback - Skorak - 06-03-2019

Stolt, did you get free apostrophes you had to get rid off?

Other than that... Looks okay I guess? A bit more background for your ship? Not a planned real faction?

RE: Battlegroup Cambridge Feedback - Kalhmera - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 06:57 AM)Skorak Wrote: Stolt, did you get free apostrophes you had to get rid off?

Other than that... Looks okay I guess? A bit more background for your ship? Not a planned real faction?

it is a faction in a sense, its not meant to be official, I will have more back story soon. Im making this to see if people would be interested in Rping with the ship on a more official level and being inrp apart of its battlegroup.

(06-03-2019, 06:48 AM)Stolt. Wrote: Too many fleets

too many battlegroups

need more 'Task Force's

and? Whats your feedback?

RE: Battlegroup Cambridge Feedback - Lucas - 06-03-2019

Still not sure what to think of that whole Cambridge thing, especially after seeing that I'm not the only one confused about it. Could have at least asked current BAF HC prior, or Bretonian gov, or literally anyone but I suppose that isn't necessary for an older Battleship. Especially when there is an entire Battlegroup formed around it, as well as factions that are currently official not getting a Dunkirk while they could also just buy one because of the weird 90% cell that only allows for lend/lease stuff as far as I can remember.

At least you're working out something for the ship and it isn't just used as a fancy indie battleship, so kudos for that I guess..?

(06-03-2019, 07:52 AM)Lucas Wrote: Still not sure what to think of that whole Cambridge thing, especially after seeing that I'm not the only one confused about it. Could have at least asked current BAF HC prior, or Bretonian gov, or literally anyone but I suppose that isn't necessary for an older Battleship. Especially when there is an entire Battlegroup formed around it, as well as factions that are currently official not getting a Dunkirk while they could also just buy one because of the weird 90% cell that only allows for lend/lease stuff as far as I can remember.

At least you're working out something for the ship and it isn't just used as a fancy indie battleship, so kudos for that I guess..?

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission. I like to spice things up in my rp and this is certainly spicy. I could have just made the ship and flew it at 90 percent and called it a day. But I really wanted to do RP around it and have a good time doing it. Its a different sight around Liberty, and after me having this ship for a month or two now no one from BAF or SIS has said anything about it. I think so long as I keep doing acceptable RP I wont get bothered.

RE: Battlegroup Cambridge Feedback - Laura C. - 06-03-2019

The starting premise of the whole faction does not make sense at all. Why would Bretonia give another house a battleship? It had to happen before the war with Gallia started (because which house can afford to hand over battleship during wartime...), but at that thime there was not Bretonia-Liberty alliance so...why would they give battleship (something very limited and very expensive to build) to another house, despite friendly maybe? If it would be gunboat, then okay, cruiser would be debatable but still doable somehow, but a battleship? And on top of that, in a way in which it would not even help that gifted house in his war? Deploying a battleship to hunt common criminals is a real luxury, or actually really weird, Bretonia had to have real excess of battleships.

Problem is that there was hardly a time period when this would apply and Bretonia could spare such asset as battleship. They were at war with Kusari (814-818), then there was short period of few months to catch a breath when Gauls were annihilating Kusarians in Taus and those subsequently retreated, however threats of Mollys and Corsairs were still present for Bretonia. And within the same year war with Gallia started (818 to present). So there was not really any period when Bretonia could give out a battleship because they would be utterly stupid to hand over a battleship in moment when there was horde of Valors invading Taus and rolling their way. Also, 818 was just second year of the Liberty-Rheinland war, far from its peak (took place 817-823).

(06-03-2019, 08:45 AM)Laura C. Wrote: the starting premise of the whole faction does not make sense at all. Why would Bretonia give another house a battleship? It had to happen before the war with Gallia started

Clearly you did not read the faction info page as it answers your question, but for sake of this conversation the Battleship was given in 810 A.S. during the Rheinland Liberty War, and I verified with multiple members of this community that Bretonia was in fact prospering and was not in any wars at the time.

(06-03-2019, 08:45 AM)Laura C. Wrote: The starting premise of the whole faction does not make sense at all. Why would Bretonia give another house a battleship? It had to happen before the war with Gallia started

a tricky subject as some people say Bretonia and Liberty have been allies since 800 A.S. and some say no. I cant really answer that.

(06-03-2019, 08:45 AM)Laura C. Wrote: Problem is that there was hardly a time period when this would apply and Bretonia could spare such asset as battleship. They were at war with Kusari (814-818), then there was short period of few months to catch a breath when Gauls were annihilating Kusarians in Taus and those subsequently retreated, however threats of Mollys and Corsairs were still present for Bretonia. And within the same year war with Gallia started (818 to present). So there was not really any period when Bretonia could give out a battleship because they would be utterly stupid to hand over a battleship in moment when there was horde of Valors invading Taus and rolling their way. Also, 818 was just second year of the Liberty-Rheinland war, far from its peak (took place 817-823).

During the time it was given, they where at peace. Remember, 810 A.S., as for the discrepency with the peak of the war I will edit it.

RE: Battlegroup Cambridge Feedback - Lythrilux - 06-03-2019

I've never understood why the indie ID has a cell on Bretonian stuff - BAF| and [LN] would always get angry if they saw an indie using either's respective tech, as the sharing was done on an individual basis.

(06-03-2019, 08:51 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: I've never understood why the indie ID has a cell on Bretonian stuff - BAF| and [LN] would always get angry if they saw an indie using either's respective tech, as the sharing was done on an individual basis.

Hey thats a good question, im just utilizing what was given to me, the player.