Discovery Gaming Community
SCRA Communications Centre - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Coalition Government Portal (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=461)
+------ Forum: Revolutionary Army (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=464)
+------ Thread: SCRA Communications Centre (/showthread.php?tid=1727)

Sirius Coalition Communications Centre - Koolmo - 12-02-2006

-----Incoming Transmission-----

Aaah, good news Sir. My Ground Commander was actually in the place he was supposed to be rather than gallivanting around shooting things, and has gotten back to me in record time. We will be commissioning 2 new vessels, the RABV (Boarding Vessel) Gallipoli, and the RABV-Dien Bien Phu. They will be commanded by Colonel Frederick Stopford, and Major Marcel Bigeard (respectively).

The Ships themselves will be purchased from the IMG on Battleship Hood, and will be outfitted on Planet *******. There will be a full company (120 Troops) in powered Combat Armor aboard each vessel, and they will deploy through the extensive mine launching system, or by direct boarding. The Ships will have Nova torpedoes equipped to bore through the hulls of larger ships, and both Nuclear and Homing mines. I expect that we will also be using several weapon slots on EMP weapons, as 3 turrets should be able to hold down the normal combat side just fine.

I will need at least 50 Million per vessel however, the weapons systems will requite lots of ammunition, and I will also require another 10 to replace one of the mine systems with Individual-Soldier launching systems. The troops are already trained and equipped, so there will no expense there. I expect a report from Major General Idiosius within the next 3 days regarding the vessels current status.

Nothing Further, Mcintosh out

Sirius Coalition Communications Centre - Koolmo - 12-05-2006

====Incoming Transmission====
=======Priority: Red=======

This is Grand Admiral Mcintosh. I am re-introducing a policy that fell out of practice some time ago, due to strange honking noises heard over the comms whenever we did it. As some of you know, the Chancellor was forced to return from the Epic Voyage before it had really gotten out of the system, Due to incomplete nav data. Thus, we are resuming our search to find the missing infomation, and to accomplish this, we must capture and... question anyone that may know of its wherabouts. Thus, all Fighters and Gunboats are now authorized to demand between 1 and 30 Passengers or prisoners, or 1-5 VIP's. This number is not to exceed 20% of the vessel's cargo space, and the collection is to be carried out by Fighters and Gunboats only, as those strange noises might start on the comms again if capships are involved. Anyoe that refuses to give their prisoners is to be shot, as they are obviously in coercion with the enemy. The passengers to be taken are those who appear to be uncommonly nervous at hearing of our approach, the traders will be able to easily identify them.

Any Trading vessels of Friendly Factions, or of the SF or [IND], are free to go, they screen their passengers better than the average freelancer. Anyone who captures prisoners are to report them immediatly, and the player whom the Prisoners were taken from will be exempt from scans for 72 hours, as I'm sure they will learn their lesson about carrying suspicious folks.

In other news, Major General Idiosius reports that both boarding vessels are complete, and have been fully refitted. The Marines will be loaded aboard with the next 2 hours, and they wil be avalable for service then. Major Bigeard has added that his Marines are fully Trained in Null-Gav combat, and have recently been involved in a 'Police Action' near Stongpoint Bravo. Apparently a Bounty Hunter thought that an order of "Halt Now!" wasn't worth listening to, and reaped the consequences.

For the Revolution! Mcintosh out.

Sirius Coalition Communications Centre - Ant - 12-06-2006

Transmit to: Grand Admiral McIntosh, High Chancelllor Aeon
Transmit from: Frigate Antarg

First Officer Greer Morkis reporting in.
Planetary bombardment of New Berlin planet stirred up something of a hornets nest today. Three fighters and a cruiser were encountered. All engaged following my belligerent activities.

There seemed to be some honking over the box about my use of tactical repositioning.

The usefullness of moving around and breaking up their formations was obvious.

Reporting in one RM cruiser and at least one fighter destroyed.

BTW: The Commodore is still in restraints after attempting to commandeer a cleaning robot for planetary bombardment.
[Image: scra_cr_004.jpg]
(OOC: RM were complaining about shield running. I won't be reporting the RM violation of server rules to the admins. My ship was rammed by a fighter several times during combat.
Some admin clarification of what the rules are might actually stop the honking.
RM wanted a slugfest. My ship wouldn't have been there to amuse the locals if the rules required a slugfest.)

Sirius Coalition Communications Centre - Koolmo - 12-06-2006

-----Incoming Transmission-----

Okay, Antarg, your tactical repositioning is indeed an approved tactic, for the meantime move yourself out of Rhineland space.

As for the Commodore, slap him into the Brig, and send me a full report over classified channels, I'm not sure why he is acting so stangely, but I hope he can be rehabilitated. In the meantime, you are promoted from acting Commodore to full Commodore.

Proceed to Strongpoint Gamma and support the Protrepic, it appears the Colonials are tasking in that area. I will be assigning the RABV-Dien.Bien.Phu to that sector as well, hopefully to capture and interrogate some of these colonials, as they appear to have some odd intentions.

Mcintosh out.

Sirius Coalition Communications Centre - Wolfpack98 - 12-06-2006

OOC: You guys realize that if you want to attack anything inside Rheinland Space, RM *WILL* respond ? Slugfest or not.

Now as for Ramming a cruiser, I'm fairly certain it was most likely accidental. However I do remember Korrd saying that shield running was generally considered a "cowards maneuver." It's not illegal per se, but it *WILL* be frowned upon. Not by admins, but by a LOT of people. Certainly doesn't help your reputation :P

You guys wanna bomb New Berlin? You guys earned an enemy out of Rheinland.

Sirius Coalition Communications Centre - Ant - 12-06-2006

Transmit to: Grand Admiral McIntosh
Transmit from: Frigate Antarg

Orders understood Grand Admiral.

The raid on Planet New Berlin to secure the release of hostages taken during the last disastrous raid has been reported successful. The strike team was able to escape undetected while the Antarg distracted the local military.

You will be pleased to hear that several prisoners were taken during combat. They may have more of the knowledge we seek. One is a high ranking RM officer who is even now under interrogation.

Please convey my regards to the drug suppliers, LD. Inc. The drugs they provided are making interrogation more interesting, if not more effective.
One prisoner is having an extremely lively conversation with his shoe about apple pies and infinity... at least he's talking though.

The Commodore seems a little better after some "medication". At least he's stopped trying to dig his way out of his cell...

Morkis out.
[Image: scra_cr_004.jpg]

Sirius Coalition Communications Centre - Aeon - 12-06-2006

ooc: thats ok wolfpack, we were already hostile with them anyways, so no matter.

Sirius Coalition Communications Centre - Aeon - 12-06-2006

---------------------------------
Incoming Transmission_

decoding_

Transmit to: All SCRA personnel
Transmit from: High Chancellor Aeon, RAFC-Dreadnought

Greetings my brethren. In light of recent events with the Rheinlanders, I am directly countermanding the Grand Admiral's orders to use the "tactical withdrawal" strategy. Unless you are know you are going to be destroyed, do not run from combat to re-engage later.

If you do withdraw from combat with any vessel, do not engage them again for at least half an hour.

ooc: because "shield running" is extremely annoying and pisses off people, i do not want our ships using this without good reason. it is unfair, and gives us a reputation that we do not deserve or want. however go ahead and use bots and bats, especially if they give you an edge.

ic:

Any Rheinland ships you encounter should be treated with suspicion and hostility. No need to go out of your way to engage them, but treat with caution if nearby.

We do not need any unnecesary forays into Rheinland space unless absolutely necessary, these people have extremely well equipped ships and are highly skilled pilots. Our ships will be needlessly endangered in that situation.

The SCRA will bide its time with these Rheinlanders until we have greater strength.

The Dreadnought will be withdrawing from Rheinland. It is currently cloaked at an undisclosed location within Rheinland borders, and will be moving out to the omegas in the next few days.

McIntosh, will you be requiring futher funding for any armaments projecs at this time? Because I would like to start pooling our credits.

Regards,
Aeon

Transmission Ends_
-----------------------------------------

EDIT: I really dont want this to get out of hand again.

Sirius Coalition Communications Centre - Koolmo - 12-07-2006

Okay, new policies again. After some discussion with the Chancellor, I have agreed that shield running will no longer be approved, UNLESS you are outnumbered more that 2v1. (3v1, 5v2 etc.) In any case, once you have disengaged you are not to reengage for at least 30 mins. However, Botts and Batts are no longer approved under any circumstances, if you cannot avoid your imminent death, eject. We will find you.

Movements, all ships are to move to Bretonia or the edge worlds immediatly, since we rescued so many of our comrades and took several prisoners from the New Berlin incident, we have no further buisness in that sector... for now. Commodore Morkis, keep me updated as to those Prisoners, if they talk, i want to hear about it.

Chancellor, I require no firther funds at this time, I wil be waiting to test the effectiveness of these boarding vessels in combat before we plan to upsize.

Mcintosh out.

OOC: Wolf, I really dont like the way you said that, you automatically excuse the ramming as 'accidental' but bash ant for the shield running. and i'm pretty sure ramming is alot more frowned upon than running, considering its aginst the server rules. However, rather that creating an OOC fest, i started a poll.

Sirius Coalition Communications Centre - Ant - 12-08-2006

Transmit to: Grand Admiral McIntosh
Transmit from: Dreadnaught Procrastinator

Sir,
A new recruit is in training and has attached to the attack group currently commanded by Commodore Greer Morkis.

The new pilot has undergone brief training exercises, and while still requiring familiarisation with group tactics, shows strong ability.

If possible, further familiarisation with new fighter loadouts and handling should be provided by an expert in fighter technology.

New recruit is Tac.
Current ship is Raven's claw. Callsign: RAHF-Tac-[LT].

Admiral Ant out.
[Image: scra_ad_003.jpg]