Discovery Gaming Community
SCRA Recruitment Centre - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Coalition Government Portal (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=461)
+------ Forum: Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=473)
+------ Thread: SCRA Recruitment Centre (/showthread.php?tid=17515)

SCRA Recruitment Centre - Sirius Coalition - 03-10-2009

[Image: Coalition-sig.png]

Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army
Recruitment Centre

Welcome to the SCRA Recruitment Centre. If you're here then that means you consider yourself worthy of membership within the SCRA.

Be warned right now that we do not tolerate half-heartedness and slackery. You live on our whims. You will learn this or you will die.

If you still have the courage to continue with the application process then you will take the following steps:

You will come to Planet Gran Canaria IN PERSON. You will search a Commissar in local bar and be taken into Coalition space to our recruitment centre. There you will sign for application into SCRA and will wait for recruiting Commissar to arrive to question you.

If the Commissar feels that your answers are acceptable then you will be given a questionnaire to fill out. If the Commissar does not think your answers are acceptable you will be shot, maimed and/or burned at the discretion of the Commissar, after which your body will be put in a trash compactor of Kusari design. Only the best for you.

If you do not completely fail your questionnaire then you will be granted access to the SCRA communication channels as well as granted the rank of Junior Lieutenant. Should you demonstrate that our trust in you was misplaced then your membership will be forcibly revoked and you will find yourself either dead or wishing you were. Let it be reiterated, the SCRA is not for the weak of heart.

Should you manage to defy all odds and prove that our trust in you was worthwhile then you will be granted the rank of full Lieutenant within the SCRA. As an added bonus, you will no longer face the threat of immediate termination every second of every day.

If you've managed to read through all this and still wish to become a member of the SCRA, we wish you luck. You'll need it.

OORP Note
On another, much more friendly and less RP based note, the SCRA really isn't as mean as we make ourselves out to be. That's simply the Role that we play within Disco. When you apply for the SCRA all that we're looking for is that you have a good grasp on the concepts of role-play, a basic idea of what the SCRA is and its goals, a bit of creativity and definitely some reading comprehension skills. Within the SCRA, as a faction, you'll find that we're really quite nice. We like to think of the SCRA as a sort of family, rather than just another faction.

We realize there are people out there who want to apply but are too scared to for fear of rejection. We encourage you to give it a try, we're really not mean people and we'll work with you if you have any questions or need clarification.

You can contact the leader of the SCRA (Gregor) over Discord or on the forums if you need information about the SCRA or if you have any questions. His Discord is: "Gregor#2905"

We look forward to receiving your application.

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Blackstarr - 03-10-2009

**Incoming message**
**Source: Planet JiangXi**
**Comm ID: Huang Zhao**

Hello Coalition leaders. My name is Huang Zhao, a citizen of JiangXi. I have thought about it, and i have decided to try my best at joining the army of this great nation of ours. I greatly hope that you will have me, as I am proud to be a citizen of JiangXi, and wish to pay back the coalition for its kindness to me and my family. My personal bio can be found below.

**Uploading Data**
**Processing Data**
**Feeding Data Stream**

Huang Zhao was born and raised in the Industrial Disctict 088 surrouding the JiangXi Starport City. Because his father was a mechanic of the starcraft repair facility nearby, Huang received in legacy his great passion for starship technologies. When mere tales from his father at night didn't suffice to satisfy his enthusiasm, then his father brought back some derelict pieces from the facility, pieces judged too old or damaged to be recycled economically. At the surprise of everyone, Huang would quickly understand the functioning of each pieces by himself and after some more time, even manage to give a couple of the aging engines or monitor work an afterlife.

His father, pleased with such a talented son, began teaching him all his knowledge.
When, at the age of 16, it became the time for every young men and women of the Coalition regime to be oriented toward a more specific career, he was quickly selected by the Central Education Comite officer for a career as a mechanic, not too surprisingly. His skills, combined with an undying passion for the subject at hand, quickly made him graduate as one of the best to ever emerge from the University of JiangXi.

After he graduated he moved back to Industrial District 088, where he began as an assistant to his father, Caring for and repairing the coalition fightercraft that had come back from battle. While doing this, he quickly learned the inner workings of the various fightercraft the Coalition used, and was able to repair them quickly and sometimes was able to modify them to make them run better.

When he became of age 20, he enrolled himself into a flight school, so that he could learn how to fly the fightercraft that he so greatly enjoyed repairing. He diddnt excel at combat as fast as he did engineering however, and because of this Huang is a mediocre pilot at best. Alongside his desire to fight for the coalition, one of the reasons Huang is signing up for the SCRA is so that he can become better at the combat side of flight. He may not be one of the best pilots out there, but he is willing to risk his life in battle for the Coalition’s cause.

**Data Uploaded**

**End Transmission**

//OOC : As you probably know. I have already filled out the Questionnaire, and I currently have a JiangXi Citizen Freelancer made. Any questions or complaints please PM me or post them here. Thanks to Yue Fey for helping me write the Bio.
END OOC//

Coalition Recruitment Thread - JosephRaiken - 03-10-2009

-Comm Link Connected-
-Feed Open-
-Source: Freeport 1-

Hail Comrade!

I am Joseph Raiken, I believe that my goals and the Coaltion's goals are one in the same. In my past I have seen the destruction of the Capitalist Navies that oppress the populous. I wish to help free those people. I wish to bring justice to those Navies!
I have talked with Cmd Yue Fei and I believe that from what she told me that the Coalition believes in such goals.

My history is not from Coalition space, however Sirius I fear may have become no longer a home for people with causes.

A brief summary of my history is as follows:

Joseph Raiken was born to a working class family on Manhattan. His family had immigrated there after the chaos that had ripped through Rheinland during recent wars. He grew up living a dream to one day achieve greatness amongst the stars as every boy his age did. As he group up however he discovered that there were only two ways to "greatness" in Liberty through the Navy who did not serve the people but the corporations. The other way was to serve the corporations. He chose to work for the corporations because they did not put on a facade of serving the people. They were true in that aspect he assumed. He only worked for them until he could afford a small ship. However small that ship meant something great to him, it meant he was free! He was free of the life in his families run down flat looking out at the "glorius" Manhattan skyline. (Which in reality was the bottom of some rundown tenements.) But everything great came at a price and within the same week of attaining his ship, both his parents were slain during a raid by Liberty Police searching for Rogue drug smugglers in the building. Joseph could hardly believe that the officer actually had the guts to come to his face and say that the "Liberty Government is sincerely sorry for your loss." Joseph spat in the mans face and started to walk away but then stopped and turned around. Then he said, "You try so hard to stop criminals and extremists, but in doing so you merely create more by killing innocents."
From that moment on Joseph worked with one goal in mind; one day to return to Liberty and free it from the oppressive grasp of Capitalism and the Navies that marred the name of Liberty. He took several jobs for an organization called the FTG which paid quite well. He managed to barely afford a trade ship in which he believed that with time he could gather the funds and resources he would need to achieve his goal.

I am a capable pilot and have my own resources to support the Coalition's cause with. I have long waited for the chance to bring equality to Sirius, I have long waited for the chance to fulfill my dreams.

My family lost their lives in Liberty. If I am to honor them I must honor my beliefs and to honor those beliefs I need to take action. This is hopefully my first step in honoring those beliefs. Give me the chance to serve the Coalition, I promise you will not regret it Comrade!

Joseph Raiken

For freedom, for equality, for Sirius!

-Comm Link Disconnect-
-Feed Closed-

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Drake - 03-10-2009

The woman knocked lightly on the open door to the recruitment office before stepping inside. She was very young... No, the slight crinkling around the eyes suggested an age closer to late-twenties, but she was very petite, barely an inch over 5 feet tall. Black hair framed a pretty but unexceptional face, contrasting against her fair skin along with her large, dark eyes. They were hard eyes, not the eyes of a young woman, eyes devoid of innocence and overflowing with jaded cynicism.

She stood at ease before the recruitment officer's desk, hands clasped behind her back, and gave the officer a short nod. "Monsieur," she said, her voice thick with an unusual accent unheard in the four Houses prior to the now-famous Gallic Council's Sirius-wide broadcast. "My name is Rosemarie Moreau, and I wish to enlist."

She paused for the moment, inhaling deeply, then continued. "As you can tell by my accent, I am from the House of Gallia. My birthplace and upbringing are irrelevant and would likely mean nothing to you if I were to waste your time with them, so I will not unless you ask. On my eighteenth birthday, I joined the Gallic Royal Police. I wished to protect my people from dangerous criminals." She glanced away for a moment, her mouth twisted into a grimace at some bitter memory. "Little was I to know that the police were the most corrupt and brutal criminals to be found. For years I did my duty and strove to protect the good citizens I had pledged to serve, while my fellows succumbed to greed and vice, abusing and even killing those we were supposed to protect." She ground her teeth in remembered anger and her hands clenched white behind her back, but she continued on. "When the Council opened the way to the rest of Sirius, I felt hope for the first time in a long time... Until I discovered that the other four Houses are just as awful, in one way or another. Imperialistic, greedy, corrupt... They were distorted mirrors of my homeland. I again found myself despairing... Until I found this." With a half-smile, she reached into a pocket and pulled out a tattered Coalition propaganda pamphlet. "In the Coalition, I see hope for fairness and equality for all, and I very much wish to be a part of it."

"Please, ask me any questions you require, and I will answer truthfully. Give to me any tests, and I will pass them."

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Tomtomrawr - 03-10-2009

The streets of Manhattan were busy with the normal package of pedestrians. Everybody had someplace to go, they talked to no one in the group, only cared about there purpose, reaching there destination. Today, a new man entered the scene of the rush, Ronon Dex. He was not used to the crowded conditions, and because he was forcing his way through the opposite direction of the one people were walking, people got in his way. Ronon liked it this way, it was an excuse to release part of his anger. He barged through the people, until they eventually noticed him and moved out of his way. Ronon liked this, the sense of fear from the people, and his sense of slight power, however small, was power none the less. Ronon was a big man, at least 6 foot 5", a strong build due to his constant exercise; tanned skin (although Ronon was raised on California Minor, he made up for the time lost to achieve a healthy looking skin colour), and he harboured an aggressive attitude towards the people he didn't like.
He turned right at an alley of his choosing, and carried on. His intelligence placed a Coalition recruitment centre down this alley, although it wasn't obviously displayed like this, it was shown as a small ship dealer. The man who had told him where it was had also given him the words you must say to get through, the right ship to order, the colour, and when the clerk asked him for the time, to give him a specific time.
Ronon pushed through the door and entered. The clerk was at the front, sat on a well worn chair. He stood up, and moved to the front of his desk.
'How may I help you Sir?' The Clerk asked.
'I'm here to buy a Griffin, dark green if you have that in stock.'
'Do you have the time Sir?' Ronon looked at his watch, pretending to see what the time was. Instead, he gave the Clerk the time he memorised into his head.
'Yeah, it's 5.46pm.'
'Good, I always like that time. Now, why are you really here?'
'If I know the codes why do you think?'
'Ah very well.' The Clerk sat back down in his chair, and started typing into his computer. 'Name?'
'Ronon Dex.'
The Clerk read the results that came up in his search.
'There are five people with the same name, but only one that has applied before. Trying again?'
'Yes, in my previous application there were some things on there which were not true, you don't know who to trust in these days. But I am ready to tell the truth on the matter.'
'Why didn't you think we couldn't be trusted?'
'I don't actually know, basic instinct told me not to trust anyone, unless I know for a fact they can be trusted. I know the fact now.'
'Very well, sit at that computer over there and type up your application.' Ronon moved to the seat with the computer infront of it that the Clerk was pointing to. Ronon opened the application sheet page and began to fill it out.

Quote:Name: Ronon Dex
Height: 6 foot 5"
Weight: 180 pounds
Hair colour: Brown, dreadlocks
Eye colour: Blue

Background story:

My previous application had some truth in it. I was born on California Minor, but i didn't move to Houston. I stayed there, living in the cold, harsh conditions. Childhood was something I never really got to enjoy, to much was in my head. Why weren't the conditions getting better for us? Why are we growing extra layers of skin to fight off the cold, when we shouldn't need to be? Whats happening to Planetform's promise? I was a fool as a child, believing Planetform's promise. There promise was, and I reciete from what the manager of the California Minor project said:
"I promise that we will fix this planet for you all! No more of these harsh conditions, we have money which we will spend on your care and protection against the enviroments! This is a promise to you all, you will be living on a warm, hospitable planet very soon!"
Ha, looking back at it now it is funny that people could believe that. They had large, luxury homes heated by 10 giant heaters, we had a dome 10 times the size of their houses, but heated by 1 of the heaters. The heater made little difference to the cold, and the wind actually made it into the dome, making it all the more colder. I did not care about the cold, i did not whine, or complain, i was planning revenge. Two weeks later my watch beeped, signalling the time that the Planetform promise was supposed to begin to take affect, that we should be feeling slightly warmer. I felt nothing, infact it was probably colder. I went to the managers house, and looked through the front door window. He was sat, in a warm tub of water, surrounded by beautiful women. I checked the next mansion, and found a similar scene. A man was bathing in a tub of warm water, i could see the condensed water on the window i could look through. I had never actually seen condensation before, how pathetic, because it had never been hot enough. I was 14 at the time, my childhood forgotten, memories lost in the snow.
They came again, promised to us once again that they would fix our planet, i thought it discusting how they could show their faces again. They set another deadline when we would notice it, and once again whe my watch beeped nothing had changed, I asked everybody in our dome and they said no. By then they were sick of it, they demanded something be done. We marched to their mansions, took them outside of the protective buildings, and left them to die in the ice. We thought it fair, that they get to experiance the cold. Everybody hated them, but I carried a special lust that nobody else did, because I saw their luxurious lifestyle. During my entire teenage years I exercised, I wanted to be the best I could be, although I didn't know why at the time.

Years passed, I became fitter and healthier. We had taken the heaters from the mansions and attached them to our dome, and we were finally worm. None of us knew why the people from Planetform couldn't of done that. Then the Navy found the bodies, and the consequences came. They said we were all guilty of murder, that we were all to be severely punished because of this. We resisted, baracaded ourselves in the dome, but the Navy broke through. They started killing us, killing my people. For everyone that was killed, more of me died. My parents died trying to move next to me. That made the biggest chunk of them all. I finally lost it, lost control off all the anger and pain, and let it out. I was 22 now, and when i attacked the Navy officers they didn't know what was coming. I targetted the ones that killed my parents. I charged at them, punching and kicking, until one of them lost the grip of his gun. I grabbed it, and killed them. I did not care for them, did not feel any lose as I watched the pain in their eyes. I knew they were enemies, they deserved to die if they were my enemies. After the ones that had killed my parents were dead, I left the compound, a wound on my arm from where an officer from a distance got a lucky shot. I took one of there ships, a Guardian, equiped with the finest weapons from Liberty. The controls were simple and i mastered them fast. I launched the ship off the ground, and knowing that my people were now all dead, destroyed the dome with the Navy officers inside. I left, escaping easily, becoming a freelancer against the Navy scum, the Planetform scum, the scum of the colonies.
This is it, that is why I hate people, they betray, they take things they do not need, they lie. You do not lie, you do not betray, you don't take anything you do not need; you help us, those that have hate against the colonies burning inside us that wants to be let out upon them.

We can not do it alone, to be victorious, we must do it together, to stand up and fight against them. A man I met on a Freeport gave me a way of describing this well, "Twigs, one of them alone breaks easily, but tie them into a bond and they hold together strong."

Ronon finished on the computer, sent the application and left, without another word, returned to the streets of Manhattan. This time he moved with the crowd, un-noticed, un-heard, invisible.

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Saigo.Watanabe - 03-10-2009

*Encryption Enabled*
*Comm Channel Opened*
*Sending Transmission*

From Sofiya
Comm Id: Sofiya Tolstov.

Hail Commissar-Captain Al-Rashid,
Since i am assuming that my private message did not come through i will resend it to you now. We have spoken before and we never finished the details, i hope we can finalize it soon enough.

Sofiya, Over and out.

*Ending Transmission*
*Comm Channel Closed*
*Encryption Disabled*

//Check PM.

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Ridisk - 03-10-2009

***Incoming Transmission***
***Data Source: Andres Salazar***
***Source Location: ERROR: Location not fixed, source moving***

Ah, I hope someone from SCRA gets this, I'm in an escape pod headed towards Alamo Base, though I'm not sure if it will make it before life support runs out. By the time you get this message I will be in kryo sleep to make the most of the little life support this pod has.
The reason I am in the pod is partially, and thankfully, do to SCRA.
Why partially and thankfully? well long story short. SCRA's recent victory over the scum-cannibals we all know as the Corsairs, allowed me to escape my prison of 8 months in Cadiz.

The long you ask?
Well I once piloted a ship named Tomentum where I flew many missions for the Outcasts. The people I flew with were very tolerable, sometimes the leadership was lacking and sometimes Outcast leadership would ask me to do missions that were absolutely absurd. They would send me on missions where I was outgunned, outclassed by ships, and out numbered, time and time again. Various times I barely got away, I recall one time where my cruising engine was blown along with one entire wing. I had to fly all the way across the system just using my strafe thrusters.

I docked at a freeport where the people were kind but the mechanic was a joke, they gave me a nice warm bed and food while I fixed my ship over several weeks. Once my ship was fixed, I left the Freeport and reported back to my Outcast brethren.

Their expressions upon my return were less than appealing. When I arrived an Officer ask me "What took you so long?", I didn't answer him, waiting for him to say "haha, just messing with you, go get some rest" or something to that regard, but he never did.

I told him what happened, but as I was telling him he took some Cardamine, a lot of Cardamine(for an Outcast to say that, you know he was taking a lot), from this I got the idea that he didn't care that he sent me on a suicide mission, and I was enraged. Though as a disciplined pilot, I did not express my rage, saving it for the battlefield. I was ordered to get some sleep for I would be sent on a mission the next day.

6 hours later, yes, only 6 hours after I spent weeks of hard work to make it back, I was being sent away again. Though this time the mission they sent me on I was sure one meant to kill me, or I really impressed the commander with my tale of escape that he thinks I'll be capable of the mission or the one I think is most likely, the commanders cardamine usage is clouding his judgement and ability to command. Which ever the case is he sent me to Omega-5 to kill a group of Corsairs.

So I flew to Omega 5, a zone that I had never been to before, on a mission to slaughter Corsair scum. When I got to Omega 5, I was filled with rage, I knew that I would probably not survive, but I would go out fighting so hard that the Corsairs would never forget me. When I came upon the Mission location, I was met by 5 Titans, my body and mind filled with rage, I fought ever so hard, and before I knew it, they were all dead, no escape pods, nothing, I killed them all. I roasted their escape pods, the last of the 5 screamed and cried as I ended him, I don't know what was going through my head. As I was leaving the sector, I was met by a Corsair missile gunboat, before I could even engage(or run), he had launched a terrifying volly of missiles that pummeled my ship, and I was forced to eject.

The gunboat came by and collected my escape pod. As soon as I was tractored in, the pod was rushed by the ships crew, and welded shut so I could not escape. He then went to a nearby base and I was unloaded into what would now become my home for the next 8 months(if you could call an 8x5 cell a home). I quickly learned from other prisoners that I was being held in Cadiz by the Corsairs. To say I was terrified, would be an understatement, since I was a little boy, I had heard of their cannibalistic ways, and I was sure I would be their next meal.

Needless to say, I was not made lunch meat. Every once in a while I was tortured for information, but I held me tongue, so after a few months they gave up. Why they kept me alive? I couldn't tell you but I was treated better in the Cadiz prison by fellow inmates than I was ever treated by my Outcast brethren. I liked it there, I didn't want to leave, then I heard about this new revolutionary group in Sirius from a new prisoner that sadly did not stay long. He told me of the SCRA, it sounded amazing, but the freedoms they promised began to make me hate my jailers for holding me, I soon was very unhappy and depressed. I planned an escape for myself, but it would only work if something bad were to happen to Cadiz or around Cadiz to bring attention away from the holding cells.

My prayers were answered today! at long last the diversion came! In no other form than a group of SCRA's themselves. From what screams, yells, and cries I had heard throughout Cadiz, it sounded like SCRA was attacking a huge group of Corsairs that had gathered around Cadiz. I then looked to the small 8inch window that my cell had to the outside space, and saw the most remarkable thing ever!

The SCRA outnumbered almost 2 to 1, were taking on the Corsairs, and winning! Not only did their propositions of a better Sirius sound amazing, but they were also extremely skilled in combat. But I could not watch for long, I made my escape! I snuck into Cadiz long range escape pod Echo, as I was in a hurry, I set it to go directly to the first base listed in its system, which is a base known as Alamo. I know nothing about the base, but I only can hope that either someone friendly finds me in the pod or that the base is friendly, cause its my last chance to live. And if I live, it will be my goal to join the Coalition or help the Coalitions noble goals to my end.

Well I don't want to drain too much of the pods energy with a larger message so thats it. Send a reply to me at Alamo Base, hopefully I'll retrieve it there.

Andres Salazar out

***Ending Transmission***

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Lost - 03-11-2009

*The Commissar enters his office, and finds a note, neatly folded on his desk.*

Dear Sir or Madam, whoever may get this, My name is Yakov Smirnoff. I am a so-called "Prisoner of War" on some rock called..Ronneburg I believe. I'm sure you've heard of it, belongs to a despicable outfit called the "Red Hessians". I was captured while fighting for the crown against mollys in the Cambridge system. It is my understanding that you're relations with the Hessians are fairly neutral to these people, otherwise I would not have encountered you're young ambassador, Joseph Mocoso. I met Joseph while working in the cargo bay, as his ship came in. My mouth dropped when I saw the insignia he bore on his shoulders...I had...heard that...perhaps...a small enclave of Coalition supporters were still around. I expected them to be nothing more than a small group of renegade farmers who were angry because their crops had failed. But what I found was...an educated, organized, and very prominent man. He had "Lieutenants", "bodyguards", and most important of all; a real organization behind him. Without thinking I approached him very quickly...perhaps to quickly. I didn't feel anything...but the next thing I knew, I was in their excuse for a hospital. The Lieutenant had shot me, and i had completely lost my left leg, and most of my left hip. And then, the moment that changed my life, when this young ambassador entered the room, sat beside my bed. He proceeded to apologize, but I interrupted him with a million questions. I told him I wanted to join; I was again immensely impressed by his answer: "To fight for the people of Sirius, ans get no gratitude for it, is a hard endeavor Sir." He suggested I somehow contact one of the Coalition High Command. When I asked him how, he replied:"That's for you to figure out". Well, i figured it out pretty quick, I had one of the guards who somewhat cared for my well being, to stuff this letter in his baggage...obviously, if you are reading this, it worked. Anyway, on to the inevitable proposal. Yes, I would like to join the Glorious Revolution you're Diplomat has told me so much about. I am a fair pilot and a hard worker. I was the sole supporter for my huge family on Leeds...before they got wiped out. But...that is another long, painful story. As a working man, and highly educated on the flawed system of Capitalism, I believe that I am at the very least, eligible for the job. Thank you for you're time sir/madam.

P.S. I've been released as a Prisoner of war, and am on my way to leeds. I think you're ambassador had something to do with it. I'm also going to get a new leg.

Sincerely, Cpl. Yakov Smirnoff(Retired)

Coalition Recruitment Thread - bluntpencil2001 - 03-12-2009

Captain Richthofen sat commandingly, in his rigid, uncomfortable seat on the bridge of the destroyer, Genghis Khan, reading notes from a flickering terminal.

He nodded, happy with the quantity of applications... an all time high it seemed. He didn't quite smile, though, he wasn't known for being a happy man. That, and he knew that although quantity was a quality all of its own, he still needed to have each and every applicant vetted.

He looked up, scanning the crew on his command deck. They perspired with effort in the chilly, dark room, lit only by hazard lights and computer monitors, with technical displays, showing a minimum in varieties of colour.

Good, they were working hard, afraid, but not panicking, his disciplinarian streak having not gone overboard, making the men and women onboard into a well-oiled machine, but without pushing them to the point of resenting their Captain. Just as it should be.

He nearly smiled as he went over the details again. This would need consultation with the Commissariat, he mused, taking special note of several very interesting peculiarities in the applicants which they were interviewing.

Unfortunately, he found that a lot of applicants were failing on the first hurdle, not realising that applications were to be made in person. He proceeded to send a missive to relevant parties, authorising interviews and the like with those that had showed an ability to follow instructions so far.

Coalition Recruitment Thread - Ridisk - 03-12-2009

There was a knock on recruitment door, the Coalition recruiter flicked a switch from his desk, and told the man standing at the door to come in. As the man proceeded inside, the recruiter flicked the switch again, and the door slid shut. The man was tall and slender, he had blonde curly hair, and was outfitted in a military pilot suit. The recruiter watched and observed the man with precision, so as to make sure the man was not a spy or an enemy, nothing was out of the ordinary till he noticed a ring on the mans finger. The ring had the insignia of the Coalition on it, "interesting" thought the recruiter.
When the man got to the recruiters desk, the recruiter ordered "Sit down, tell me why you want to join the Coalition and tell me how you came about such a ring while not even being a Coalition fighter"

"Yes sir, well my name is Andres Salazar, you may or may not have heard about my escape from Cadiz base, an escape that is partially, well I would say, mostly attributed to the Coalitions victory over the Corsairs on that fate filled skirmish. Have you heard my message?"
The recruiter looked blankly at Andres, "No, I did not hear your message about your escape from Cadiz base, do you have a record of it that I and other recruiters may look at if needed?"

"Why yes, yes I do, and you'll find that it also partially explains my ring" Andres Takes off the Coalition emblemed ring, and hands it to the recruiter. "You'll find that the edge of that ring fits perfectly into one of the slots on any navigation station terminal, all the data about my escape and first transmission to the Coalition is saved in that rings data bank."

"Very well, but why is it of Coalition design?,"asks the recruiter.

"Well since my escape, and subsequent journey to Alamo base, which you have information about on that ring, pretty much all of my life has revolved around finding some representation of the Coalition. Everywhere I went i spread what little I knew about the Coalition's amazing goals to all who would listen. Hoping that eventually someone would clue me in to the where I might find an office of the Coalition, and I stand here today, accomplished in that regard. To those who had never heard of the Coalition, they were amazed as I was when I first heard of your goals. But many had heard of the Coalition already and they said your reputation was terrible, and I asked them how it was terrible, many said you were ruthless and unjust. Ruthless and unjust? That sounds like every single faction and government in Sirius I told them. I also told them that the Coalition is a group of enlightened revolutionaries, they are not unjust, they are the slayers of the unjust, and ruthless in that regard. I have the ring as a symbol of my desire to join your ranks, I had it custom made when I found this recruitment station. I figured it couldn't hurt to give a recruiter something of worth both functionally and decoratively."

The recruiter waited for a moment before speaking, looking at the ring in his hands, then he looked up to Andres and said "Very well then, so you say you want to join our ranks right?"

"With all my being. I will serve to the end of my days if you accept me into your ranks," replied Andres as if he had been waiting to say that his entire life.

With a small cough to clear his throat, the recruiter began to speak, "Well, I will have to review the data on this ring, once I have done that, we will see if you are accepted into our testing process, note that if you do in fact pass to our testing process, you still have a long journey ahead of you before you can even think of calling yourself a Coalition pilot, is that understood?"

"What ever it takes, I'll do it," replied Andres. Andres then handed the recruiter a small information card, "Here is my official information, as need for your databases." The recruiter then flicked the switch, the door slid open again, both men stood up and shook hands, Andres had a firm handshake and the recruiter liked that. "Adios for now," said Andres. The recruiter nodded in acknowledgment just as Andres spun around and walked out of the office. The recruiter sat down, flicked the switch to close the door, and looked at the information card.

------------
Name: Andres Salazar
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 160
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color:Blue
Military Background: Outcast Special Operative
Ship experience: Sabre VHF, Falcata Bomber
Favorite Color:Red
-------------

The recruiter looked at the info card and chuckled to himself, he had never seen "Favorite Color" on an info card before, but of any color to pick, this Andres Salazar had good taste.