Discovery Gaming Community
Tutorial: Google Translate and Super Setmsg - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Tutorials & Tools (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Tutorial: Google Translate and Super Setmsg (/showthread.php?tid=176280)

Pages: 1 2

Tutorial: Google Translate and Super Setmsg - darkwind - 01-18-2020

Inspired by this guide I wished to improve things, to make using Google Translator even easier
Plus having setmsg working across all characters, instead of binding every time phrases for every account.

As in the guide which me inspired, you need to install this program

Basically, you create notepad file named Something.ahk
you insert code there, slightly redacting it, Right Click at file and choose "Run Script", your program is running.

If you wish to have setmsg working across all characters, you make something like this. All those phrases are working, when I write .g1 or .w1 or .s1 in chat. They are automatically replaced with what is written there.
Due to being external, it works across all characters.
+You can have as much setmsg phrases as you wish. Feel free to use from .s1 to .s9, from .g1 to .g9, and e.t.c.

Next thing enables Ctrl+V also knows as Paste, copying text from buffer/clipboard to Freelancer chat (you can insert things into the clipboard by selecting something in Google Translate and pressing Ctrl+C or right-click and copy and e.t.c.)
Two differences from guide I used as inspiration. Mine works faster due to SendInput usage(1000 times faster), and if you have newlines, they are automatically replaced to whitespaces to not have auto pressing mistakes.

Also I made thing which copies six last phrases from chat. Which you can insert immediately into Google Translate! Without opening log file. Resolves problem of not having ability to copy from chat
It's activated by pressing Alt+V or by writing .log
to work correctly this C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Freelancer\DSAce.log address should be leading to your log file, correct it if it's wrong.

And the last thing I tried, to make an automated thing, what you write in chat to be translated into the English language on its own. It works slightly weird, but it works.

You write .gt in your ingame chat, which makes it dissapear(You can replace it to something different, to your language letters), then write in your language phrases, and press Esc canceling phrase(or pressing Enter) to send it, it will translate anyway.
It requires for you to have Freelancer working in window, and then it opens Google Chrome, automatically translates, copies from there, and returns to game to copy into chat. You remain ability to press Enter to send it or not to send it.

Anyway, all those things combined into one scripting file

All except for "Write while translating" works very well, last thing is working too, but it just... you know, slightly less certain thing to use due to windows switching.

Perhaps it is possible to improve the last thing, but I need to find free API which would be translating it for me.

P.S. For people who have a hard time to follow this guide. Configured exe to enable CtrlV only. You can download here.

RE: Tutorial: Google Translate and Super Setmsg - Liberty.In - 01-18-2020

Kodzima: I am genius!
darkwind: Hold my beer...

RE: Tutorial: Google Translate and Super Setmsg - Dom!no - 07-12-2020

Isn't this program banned on the server? It seems like you can use it to configure macros for strafe

RE: Tutorial: Google Translate and Super Setmsg - Groshyr - 07-12-2020

this thing doesn't let you strafe, it only enables CRTL+V option

Like no. You can also use autohotkey to record actions and when it starts, the script will perform actions related to the keyboard.
I do not think that you need to be a Superintelligent who form Nomads to study these programs length and breadth

RE: Tutorial: Google Translate and Super Setmsg - Save My Soul - 07-12-2020

Then you'll be banned for cheating. But if you use this, not modified, script only for copy and paste, then everything will be fine.

RE: Tutorial: Google Translate and Super Setmsg - Shiki - 07-12-2020

i feel like this is illegal

i mean macro is not really modifying anything, just just press buttons for you

I want to hear the approval of the Game Master about this and not be accidentally banned for running the autohotkey anticheat process

RE: Tutorial: Google Translate and Super Setmsg - Groshyr - 07-12-2020

but the administration doesn't exist. they're GAME MASTERS now

RE: Tutorial: Google Translate and Super Setmsg - Corile - 07-12-2020

Macros with AHK are difficult to catch unless the launcher/game is scanning running processes in which case you have much bigger problems. The thing about gameplay macros is that they tend to be very obvious - chainfire or boxing is simple to figure out. I don't know about caps cause I never flew them. There were macros for turret steering that nobody seemed to mind, I also had macros for typing /pingtarget and /showscan$ commands for a while and I never got sanctioned so you know.

It's all fine.