Discovery Gaming Community
Researcher ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Researcher ID (/showthread.php?tid=18206)

Pages: 1 2

Researcher ID - Guest - 03-22-2009

Here's a situation rather common nearby Manhattan.

Lawful: '' XYZ vessel, halt for scan''.

Researcher ID: ''Halting''

Lawful: ''Drop the Cardamine and pay the fine.''

Researcher ID: ''Read the ID I can trade this.''

*Facepalm*

Okay. For researches, you don't need an Advanced Train that is full of Cardi, without any scientifical crew members in it. Researching does not immune you to lawfuls when you smuggle. Or at least, it shouldn't.

A Freighter is more than enough for any Researcher, especially if they plan on carrying illegal goods.

Being a Researcher is just an RP, not a sort of easy exit to cargo limits of Smuggler ID.

Researcher ID - Magoo! - 03-22-2009

Agreed. Not to mention the ID also states that it is within the discretion of the authority in question whether or not to confiscate the goods.

Researcher ID - Quorg - 03-22-2009

' Wrote:Here's a situation rather common nearby Manhattan.

Lawful: '' XYZ vessel, halt for scan''.

Researcher ID: ''Halting''

Lawful: ''Drop the Cardamine and pay the fine.''

Researcher ID: ''Read the ID I can trade this.''

*Facepalm*

Okay. For researches, you don't need an Advanced Train that is full of Cardi, without any scientifical crew members in it. Researching does not immune you to lawfuls when you smuggle. Or at least, it shouldn't.

A Freighter is more than enough for any Researcher, especially if they plan on carrying illegal goods.

Being a Researcher is just an RP, not a sort of easy exit to cargo limits of Smuggler ID.

There are indeed shady "research" organizations out there; it's kind of like the use of "Medical Marijuana" in some places. It's up to the governments, not Disco rules, to determine how to deal with them.
If you want to limit how much cardi a researcher can hold without being considered a smuggler, then simply RP it here.

Researcher ID - Magoo! - 03-22-2009

I think his point is that people are hiding behind the ID while flying a bloody train full of Cardi.

Unless the new style of research lab is called, "Connex Box".

Researcher ID - Quorg - 03-22-2009

hehe of course it's shady... Not all research is necessarily legit.

That's when the Police have to kick down the lab doors.

Now my question is, Researcher ID says they can't land on unlawful bases except for Junker and Order bases...

If that's true, then where do they buy their Cardamine? Manhattan? I doubt it.

Researcher ID - Guest - 03-22-2009

' Wrote:hehe of course it's shady... Not all research is necessarily legit.

That's when the Police have to kick down the lab doors.

Now my question is, Researcher ID says they can't land on unlawful bases except for Junker and Order bases...

If that's true, then where do they buy their Cardamine? Manhattan? I doubt it.

*SPOILER*

Several Junker bases sell Cardamine.

Researcher ID - Tenacity - 03-22-2009

Hm... I wonder if there's any good trade routes involving human organs, gaian wildlife, pharmeceuticals, and cardamine...

Would be a great setup for a cryer ship with researcher ID.

Researcher ID - Reverend Del - 03-22-2009

Your ID says it cardi can be traded, sure, no problem. But if the local law doesn't liek you wndering up to their door with 5000 units of cardi and waving it in their faces they have every right to demand it dropped.

Researcher ID - CCI45-px/Probe149 - 03-22-2009

' Wrote:Hm... I wonder if there's any good trade routes involving human organs, gaian wildlife, pharmeceuticals, and cardamine...

Would be a great setup for a cryer ship with researcher ID.

Human Organs and Pharma, yes there is. If the base you sell the Pharma sells Cardi, i don't know, forgot to look it up while exploring some systems. (dock and leave an such.)>

Researcher ID - BaconSoda - 03-22-2009

The thing you have to think about is who you are, as well. If a researcher comes to Perth in a Kusari Explorer and buys Gaian Wildlife attempts to go through Leeds back to Kusari, the Bretonians won't be all that happy. Same goes for a Behemoth in Liberty.

You have to think about what you're doing to determine whether or not it's smuggling.