Discovery Gaming Community
[PoB] New defensemod(s) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+---- Thread: [PoB] New defensemod(s) (/showthread.php?tid=183356)

Pages: 1 2

[PoB] New defensemod(s) - darkwind - 09-15-2020

Karlotta said about wishing new defense mode
which would allow to dock everyone from the same faction/iff and restricting anyone else
I check if anyone needs this new defense mode besides her

Update: made the thing as a friendly faction white list
Addition to defense mods, their new logic:
Quote:1 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > Faction Whitelist > IFF Standing. | Docking Rights: Whitelisted ships only.");
2 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > Faction Whitelist > IFF Standing. | Docking Rights: Anyone with good standing.");
3 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > Faction Whitelist > Hostile | Docking Rights: Whitelisted ships only.");
4 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > Faction Whitelist > Neutral | Docking Rights: Anyone with good standing.");
5 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > Faction Whitelist > Neutral | Docking Rights: Whitelisted ships only.");

How to use:
/aff ship // get <aff ID> - affiliation ID number of your ship IFF (Can be used everywhere)
/aff all // get <aff ID> -Get afflilioan ID numbers for all factions (Can be used everywhere)
/base addfac <aff ID> //add faction to friendly list of pob
/base rmfac <aff ID> //delete faction from friendly list of pob
/base lstfac //show all added factions
/base clearfac //delete all factions from friendly list
The faction which is added to the friendly faction list makes PoB friendly to all ships with the same IFF, and allows to dock.
but it is not allowing to attack base without triggering defenses. Considering my other upgrade it should not be an issue.

The best way to use it, enable /base defensemode 5 and add factions you want for docking.

here what gives /base lstfac command if you made your PoB friendly to freelancers and liberty navy
[Image: 0nAZ5pl.png]

P.S. player request for approval by admins was sent.

RE: [PoB] New defensemod(s) - Groshyr - 09-15-2020

I need this for 2 POBs I own. This mode would be really useful

RE: [PoB] New defensemod(s) - LaWey - 09-15-2020

This, but same iff+whitelist for docking

RE: [PoB] New defensemod(s) - Kauket - 09-15-2020

I would love it if you could manually select what factions can dock. Same IFF only dock for POBs would be awesome too.

I actually do need this because of big plans :tm:

RE: [PoB] New defensemod(s) - Karlotta - 09-15-2020

Something that would really be useful would be:

1. A defensemode that doesnt shoot based on iff/rep (still those on hostile list tho), but only lets ships friendly to the IFF dock. I dont know if Defensemode 4 was intended like that, but currently it considers everyone "with good standing" who isnt on the hostile list. This would really be useful for making pobs less "area denial".

2. A pob that lets only the faction with the right IFF dock

3. Making it possible to hand-pick what factions get shot at and which can dock (separately). Seems like a lot of work tho.

RE: [PoB] New defensemod(s) - Rantari - 09-15-2020

(09-15-2020, 05:37 PM)Karlotta Wrote: Something that would really be useful would be:

1. A defensemode that doesnt shoot based on iff/rep (still those on hostile list tho), but only lets ships friendly to the IFF dock. I dont know if Defensemode 4 was intended like that, but currently it considers everyone "with good standing" who isnt on the hostile list. This would really be useful for making pobs less "area denial".

2. A pob that lets only the faction with the right IFF dock

3. Making it possible to hand-pick what factions get shot at and which can dock (separately). Seems like a lot of work tho.

Wait what when did you get unbanned.

RIP Disco

RE: [PoB] New defensemod(s) - darkwind - 09-18-2020

Boop. The asked thing is made and awaiting admin approval

RE: [PoB] New defensemod(s) - Karlotta - 11-14-2020

Is this getting implemented any time soon? Would be really useful to differentiate between shooting the worst trouble makers, not shooting the rest, and letting permitted faction IDs dock.

RE: [PoB] New defensemod(s) - Lex~Talionis - 11-14-2020

OK, let's add another, useless and confusieng rule....to the mix! Sounds great to me!

RE: [PoB] New defensemod(s) - Karlotta - 11-14-2020

(11-14-2020, 09:36 PM)Lex~Talionis Wrote: OK, let's add another, useless and confusieng rule....to the mix! Sounds great to me!

You obviously have absolutely no idea what this is about, so why post?

If you want to improve and reduce rules, read and post here: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=158145&page=12