Discovery Gaming Community
cya - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Leaving Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=350)
+---- Thread: cya (/showthread.php?tid=187344)

Pages: 1 2

cya - MasterL410 - 04-09-2021

Most people know this allready, but I'm gone, which is good. This game is *censored* and all that, you know how such threads work by now, don't you guys?

Nobody can have my stuff.

RE: cya - Kherty - 04-09-2021

Oh my, what a waste!
Just kidding obviously, but literally why do you care?
Yes it's censored, maybe it's to avoid this community be even more toxic than it already is?

Either way, good bye I guess, give me your stuff.

RE: cya - Lusitano - 04-09-2021

take care and stay safe

RE: cya - Karlotta - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 01:19 PM)MasterL410 Wrote: Most people know this allready, but I'm gone, which is good. This game is *censored* and all that, you know how such threads work by now, don't you guys?

Nobody can have my stuff.

Maybe you could elaborate on the ways in which the game is *censored*, and what solutions you have to offer?

It's probably not going to have a large positive impact but hey, better than nothing.

(04-09-2021, 01:22 PM)Kherty Wrote: Oh my, what a waste!
Just kidding obviously, but literally why do you care?
Yes it's censored, maybe it's to avoid this community be even more toxic than it already is?

Either way, good bye I guess, give me your stuff.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think he's complaining about censorship of words. He's saying that the game is most accurately described by a word that is censored here. I think it's because of past and future storyline developments, and about how people treat each other here (mostly through actions, not words).

Referring to your opinion that censored words make the the community less toxic, that could be true in some places and some words, but disco is at a level of toxic that goes way beyond it.

The toxicity here does not come from a few instances of name calling, but from the hypocrisy, double standards, dishonesty, power abuse, malice towards people/factions (in contrast to disapproval of some of their actions), disregard of people without power, and inability to work anything out together, both with and without name calling. The name calling is just the tip of the iceberg, it's many times just people informing the other side of the fact that trying to be civil with them does not work either.

RE: cya - MasterL410 - 04-09-2021

I wanted to say the game is sh-it but that was censored.

But what Karlotta said is true too.

RE: cya - Kherty - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 01:42 PM)Karlotta Wrote: I'm not 100% sure but I don't think he's complaining about censorship of words. He's saying that the game is most accurately described by a word that is censored here. I think it's because of past and future storyline developments, and about how people treat each other here (mostly through actions, not words).

Referring to your opinion that censored words make the the community less toxic, that could be true in some places and some words, but disco is at a level of toxic that goes way beyond it.

The toxicity here does not come from a few instances of name calling, but the hypocrisy, double standards, dishonesty, power abuse, malice towards people/factions (in contrast to disapproval of some of their actions), and inability to work anything out together, both with and without name calling. The name calling is just the tip of the iceberg, it's many times just people informing the other side of the fact that trying to be civil with them does not work either.

Well, I see this as one of the many attempts to regulate the toxicity, but yeah this cannot fix the problems you mentioned which are just how the players interact here. However I do agree on that.

RE: cya - Karlotta - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 01:55 PM)Kherty Wrote: Well, I see this as one of the many attempts to regulate the toxicity, but yeah this cannot fix the problems you mentioned which are just how the players interact here. However I do agree on that.

The censorship, sanctions, or bans can't fix those problems, but there are other things, specifically things that the staff could and should do, which could mitigate if not fix those problems. Those things not being done, and the staff's unwillingness and/or inability to do them or even have an honest discussion about them, are the real problem. Many groups and sub-groups (parts of the staff among them) in disco basically operate like hate groups, and you'd have as much luck trying to have a constructive discussion about race relations with the KKK, as you would have trying to talk to them about anything. Cuss words or no cuss words.

RE: cya - Lusitano - 04-09-2021

Karlotta i don't always agree with you, but when i do .. i really do like now. well said girl Smile

RE: cya - Chuba - 04-09-2021

finally (:

RE: cya - Jeuge - 04-09-2021

good bye old friend.