Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer Bonus Disk - Full Archive [WIP] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Freelancer Bonus Disk - Full Archive [WIP] (/showthread.php?tid=192530)

Pages: 1 2

Freelancer Bonus Disk - Full Archive [WIP] - A1ex - 05-09-2022

Preface:
This is an attempt to fully archive the contents of the Freelancer Bonus disk. It contains the entire first, full version of the script (and the final one), some unreleased and early music tracks as well as high quality versions of the final ones, concept art, trailers and a short documentary about the game's development. Some of you might've already seen a lot of it, but I wanted to share it with all of you anyway, and have it all easily accessible in one place. Compiling all of this took many, many hours so if you find any errors or mistakes (e.g. missmatched links, spelling mistakes), please inform me via PM and I'll do my best to fix it as soon as I can.

Warning: This post contains a lot of images, you might not want to check this out on your phone or laptop with limited mobile-data.

Notice: This archive will probably be updated in the near future with AI Enhanced versions of some Images and Videos once I have the time and processing power to spare.

Notice 2: Due to a 3 Videos per post limit I'll just embed the most important stuff and link the rest.

Notice 3: This is still work in progress, some of it may be subject to change, and more will be added.

Contents:
  • Images
    • Concept Art
    • Storyboards
  • Videos
    • Trailers
    • Intros
    • Short Documentary
    • Concept Art Showcases
    • Movie Tests/Examples [To Be Added]
  • Audio [To Be Added]
    • Music
    • Character Vignettes (Voice-Acted Ver.)
  • Documents
    • Freelancer Screenplay - First Draft & Shooting Version
    • Opening Narration
    • Character Vignettes (Written Ver.)

Images

Concept Art
Please note that some of these contain a lot of images. Up to 39 in Rheinland's case. I'm also sorry for the black borders on some of the images, these have been extracted by hand from a video, and I didn't want to manually edit over 100 images. I might fix this in the future when I get really bored in university.

From the original read_me.rtf:

Storyboards
A selection of some of the storyboards made by Marc Baird for the Freelancer intro sequence. More are available on the GitHub, a short 2 minute video with all of them combined was also included on the disk and has been linked below. I had also uploaded them to imgur for easier viewing, but for some reason the album got shuffled when I opened it today, despite me uploading and saving them in the correct order. So... thanks imgur. If you still wanna see it: Click here.

Videos

Trailers

Short Documentary

Intros
All three Freelancer intros: The final release version, the full version which includes the first Encounter with Nomads and the introduction of Atticus Rockford, and a third extra intro which shows the discovery and theft of the artifact. I've also included the full descriptions of these videos from the read_me in each spoiler, some of the infos in there regarding DVD controls of course don't apply. I have however linked the archive.org link to the Bonus Disk ISO at the bottom so you can get the full experience if you want to.
Also, please note that due to the 3 video limitation, I am not able to embed the videos here, sorry for that.

Concept Art Showcases
The original video files from which I have extracted all the concept art images.

Documents
All of these have been uploaded to the GitHub in their original .doc form, as well as a plaintext paste. I have included some of the shorter one's here for your convenience.

Freelancer Screenplay
These would be a little to long to post here, so below are their respective links on the GitHub. The Plaintext versions can be viewed directly in your browser on GitHub. The only case where there is a stark difference between the plaintext and the .doc versions is the Shooting Screenplay, which I highly recommend downloading and checking out in Microsoft Office or Libre Office.

Opening Narration
This is not mentioned within the read_me, but it seems to be a more extensive Script for the Opening Narration used in the intro.

Character Vignettes
These are written versions of the in-character introductions performed by the Voice Actors (which I will upload as soon as I can). These are small enough to be included here, though of course they're also available in .doc and plaintext on the GitHub.

RE: Freelancer Bonus Disk - Full Archive [WIP] - A1ex - 05-09-2022

Sorry for already sort of bumping this, but I've updated the main post with the 3 intro sequences. Those have been interpolated to 60FPS. The original versions are available on the GitHub page (together with the 60FPS versions). I've also started work on some AI-Enhanced versions which clear up the videos and improve quality, these will be posted at a later time however, since there's still some ghosting and artifacts that occur.

Also, please note that YouTube might've reduced the Frame rate since these aren't in HD, I personally haven't noticed a change but someone else might. If that is the case, please just download them from the GitHub page, these will have their 60FPS preserved.

Since I haven't been able to embed them in the main post, I'll do so here:

The Release version of the pre-rendered intro

The Original 7-minute pre-rendered intro

The "restored RTC intro"

If you've got any thoughts or comments regarding the structure of the Archive or just the content itself, I'd love to hear it.

RE: Freelancer Bonus Disk - Full Archive [WIP] - Skorak - 05-09-2022

I really like this. Thank you so much for sorting this. I never had the disc.

RE: Freelancer Bonus Disk - Full Archive [WIP] - Toaster - 05-09-2022

If only we could have gotten those original designs for the Liberty Dreadnought and Siege Cruiser.

RE: Freelancer Bonus Disk - Full Archive [WIP] - A1ex - 05-09-2022

(05-09-2022, 07:51 PM)Skorak Wrote: I really like this. Thank you so much for sorting this. I never had the disc.

Forgot to include it in the post, but you can get the full image here: https://archive.org/details/freelancer-2003-audio-cd-ost-plus-bonus-dvd
It also comes with the Audio CD which has FLAC versions of most of the soundtrack, really high quality stuff. Of course, I'll add those to the archive as well, it'll just take a bit to sort all of this out ^^

And I agree @Toaster, some original ship designs do beat the final versions. I would've preferred to have both versions tho, since I don't dislike the release one's either.

RE: Freelancer Bonus Disk - Full Archive [WIP] - Ice Princess - 05-09-2022

Thank you for sharing that, Alex. I really wish we would have gotten some of those amazing ship, character, or even planet designs. And I really do wish we would have gotten atmosphere-battles on planets. Really sad that we didn't Sad

RE: Freelancer Bonus Disk - Full Archive [WIP] - Kane182new - 05-10-2022

This is so cool, thank you for sharing. Too bad it was rushed in the end, but just look at Star Citizen. I don't really blame Microsoft now for rushing it and keeping it away from Roberts, he is a genius but he is also crazy. I wonder what Squadron 42 will be like, I hope it will have some FL vibes.

RE: Freelancer Bonus Disk - Full Archive [WIP] - pillow - 05-10-2022

This is so cool.

RE: Freelancer Bonus Disk - Full Archive [WIP] - sane - 05-10-2022

Major Scrote lookin' suspiciously similar to King

RE: Freelancer Bonus Disk - Full Archive [WIP] - Jayce - 05-10-2022

AHM HOVIS