Discovery Gaming Community
Unconventional Business - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Unconventional Business (/showthread.php?tid=192728)

Unconventional Business - MagicKite - 05-19-2022

Freeport 6, Tau-29 System

She was finishing the last few details before the big meeting. Valentina was clearly nervous as this time she was encountering somebody really in the high ranks of a big movement. She was more used to private contractors, but wanted to make this work.
A private side of the bar was reserved by BP for this meeting, to ensure all the necessary privacy.
At one point a knock at the door could be heard.”Coming.”
She rushed to the door to open, where BP was waiting outside for her to open, smiling.”Are you ready?”
They both decided to go outside their comfort zone and leave the usual outfit, since they didn’t see jeans and a leather jacket fit for the occasion.
She was wearing a white shirt, leaving unbuttoned only one button, black knee-long adherent skirt and some black heels.”Almost.Just missing the perfume.”And she rushed back to the bathroom.Then BP could hear from there.”Come in.”
He was wearing a a totally black outfit; a nice elegant suit with some black shoes. He entered and sat at the small table in the room.”I have to admit: it’s weird to see us dressed like this, Val.”And he chuckled.
”Yeah, I still can’t get used to this much make-up. But it suits us.”And a small laugh caught the two while she was getting her pad.”Did you get everything you need?”
BP then showed Valentina his pad.”It’s all here, don’t worry.”
After getting everything she needed from the room, she looked at him.”Let’s go then.”
So they slowly started to walk towards the bar.

They arrived at the bar before the Blood Dragon delegation did.
”Let’s head for the room.”
So then they started walking through the bar, between all the people that was there , having laughs and drinks or yelling in some instances.
But it was still quieter than the bases in Omegas or Omicrons.
They reached the door on the other side of the bar and opened it.
It was a not so big room, that resembled more of a living room, where most of all confronts were given.
A big sofa on the wall in front of the door, with a few smaller sofas around it, with a small coffee table at the center.
There was also a bigger table, with leather chairs, similar to a conference room. At the center of the table, you could see a holo-player.
Lastly they could noticed that each seat had a tablet, from which you could place your order in, from drinks to food.
She was quite satisfied.”What do you think?”
”This definitely works.”Then they started to walk in the room. Valentina’s heels echoed through the room, as it was sound-protected from the outside.
.”Well then, start getting your stuff ready. I’ll order something to drink.”
He chuckled.”Get something for me aswell.”

RE: Unconventional Business - ellipsis - 05-19-2022

Freeport 6 | 16:00-16:15

Not long after they had taken residence within the private room, a Kusarian Geisha liner named the Ishizuchi had moored itself on the station. Not only was it less incriminating than the standard Blood Dragon vessels, but it makes sense for a Shogun to arrive on something grandiose in design. Tsuya herself was residing at the captain's seat on the bridge, watching carefully as the large ship connects with the Freeport. She makes a call for the crew below to open the mooring gates to allow for them to board. Orders to power down the engines were sent out as well to conserve the fuel of the liner. Lastly, the bridge crew is ordered to remain on standby until they return. With that all said and done, she unseats herself and takes a walk to the Daimyo quarter of the bridge where she would find a resting Minamoto, who'd fallen asleep mid trip. She wakes him to inform that they've arrived, and that it's time to get ready for the meeting.

Several minutes later, the pair are dressed in their best and formal traditional clothing. In the event that she must make note of things during the meeting, she brings along a portable neural net tablet capable of making additions to her log remotely. Finally, they depart the Ishizuchi and follow the directed path to their meeting place. Tsuya thought it quite considerate of Valentina to reserve a private sector of the bar for their meeting to be in peace. So far, the impressions of her have broken many of the typicalities of a usual Corsair. She wonders if her time abroad and away from Crete has drastically changed her behaviors and mannerisms. Regardless, her origins are of no concern, unless Valentina was still aligned with and supporting them.

Before Tsuya and Minamoto knew it, they were already in the bar. Freeport 6 was a much more streamlined and organized station compared to the likes of Ames and Noshima, a trait which she greatly valued. She also felt more at peace here than in the darkness of the Shiun cloud or the dangerous storms of Kepler. With a few more steps, the door to the private room was right in front of them. Confidently, she opens the door, allowing the other visitors of the room to lay eyes upon them for the first time in person as the clicking of different heels becomes audible. Tsuya was elegantly dressed in her formal robes, clad in black from her head to her toe. The only trace of another color on her was her jingasa, and her armor, both shaded in a crimson red. her hands were covered completely by armored black leather gauntlets that extended past her forearms, and her legs covered in a similar fashion by armored heels and leggings. The heels and toeboxes made of an unusual metallic substance. From the vamp of her boots up to the shaft were externally plated with the same type of metal armor. It can be presumed that this armoring type prevents lethal damage from any type of energy sidearm.

Tsuya and Minamoto bow deeply. "Hajimemashite. I am Ubukata Tsuya, and this is one of my generals, Kamakura Minamoto. He specializes in our scientific sector, so he will prove most helpful in our business." Unlike the last meetings she's had on a Freeport, though, she decided to come armed this time. Equipped to her hydraulic obi belt were two high frequency blades, one significantly longer than the other. An additional laser pistol was equipped to it as well, but the safety on all weapons were enabled, signaled by the small yet bright blue lights on the hilts of the blades, and the barrel of the pistol. This prevented them from being drawn or shot, locking them into their holster arms. To take a seat on the sofa and not be inconvenienced by their presence, she pushes them all to lay flatly on her backside. The arms made a mechanical noise as they were moved, and now the weapons could be worn as she sits without poking the couch. "I apologize if our appearance may intimidate you. We simply could not be sure if you or anyone else might have been setting us up until we got here."

RE: Unconventional Business - Nerva Regis - 06-12-2022

Freeport 6 | Around 16:15

Freeport-6 has always been one of my favourite Zoner Freeports. When I worked with Doc. Holliday on the hospital base in Baffin, I really got used to visiting Freeport-6 on a weekly basis. Cmdr. Blaine Chara told me that, what is today the Freeport, was just a loose assemblage of habitat modules intended to provide quarters for Deep Space Engineering crews constructing a Trade Lane through the system. I will never stop being amazed at how resourceful humans can be when they are faced with a challenge.
They even managed to get a Synth Foods biodome attached to the makeshieft construction, out of all the Freeports around sirius, these guys grow the best potatoes. Though... I really hope it does not have anything to do with the Beryllium that is mined in the system. We arrived on a Geisha liner, not as fancy as arriving on a Togo, but having one of those ships could have brought some unwanted attention. In all honesty, it is really strange to travel such small ship, at least we got some fighters in the doicking bay. On the bright side, we should not have any issues with the Keiratsu stationed around Nago, Zoners aren't that fond of the police or govt, or other zoners (?).

Right, so on today episode of Guess where Minamoto is going? we are going to meet up with some people to discuss a new and exciting science project. Or.. wait, rather this one is engineering from what I could gather from the details I received before arriving here. I did not take us that much to arrive at the meeting place, this whole base is really easy to navigate, even a drunk could go from point A to point B. This base really reminds me of Ames station, fun place in an unfun space.

We arrived at the door to the meeting room, by we I mean myself and the Shogun. This time, we might have exagerated with the personal weapons, eh... I guess the Shogun herself wanted to Show Goons that her (sho)Guns were not just toys. This should be a fun encounter.

Hajimemashite, I am Daimyo Kamakura Minamoto and I lead the science division. I must appologize for the mask, but an old war wound prevents me from removing it.

RE: Unconventional Business - MagicKite - 06-22-2022

They both saw the representatives enter the private lounge. They went to greet the guests, and as they reached them, they both bowed deeply.
”Welcome. It is a pleasure meeting you in person. I'm Valentina Rodriguez and this is my Chief of Engineering. Everyone calls him BP.”
”An honor meeting you.”
After the presentations, they all headed towards the sofas.

They were all seated.
Valentina noticed all the noise Ubukata's weapons did, but decided to leave it as it is.
”Ms. Tsuya, do not worry. I can totally understand your reasonings.” Then she cleared her voice. ”Before we begin, I wanted to inform you that if you require to order anything, the pads that you can find on the seats near the table are placed there for that purpose. It's all paid for, so do not worry about it.”She smiled to them, then turned to BP. ”Shall we?”
He was seated on the sofa, finding the files he required for his presentation. ”Right....”
Suddenly he got up,went to the conference table, took it, and hastly placed it on the coffee table.
”Very well. So I have prepared a small presentation of the project itself, so I can explain it to you from our prospective.”He then took his pad, and started searching for something; not too long after, a hologram of the Claymore's schematics appeared.”This is our testing bed. This ship was chosen by me and my team, because of its unique characteristics such as the integrated weapon and the already big powercore. Its relatively small size its a bonus, so to speak.”The hologram started to split. It was like the schematics divided themselves in designated pieces, each with a detailed explanation of the upgrade. He then took a big breath.”From the files I made for you, I tried to give out a detailed view of the project as a whole, while today I'm interested in going into all the details.”A few seconds of silence occurred, while BP was organizing the last schematics.”As you can well notice, I broke the vessel into multiple parts, where I'll try to explain why and how of each modification.”He then took the drink he ordered before, had a big sip out of it, and then left the pad on the table.
”Our main upgrade, obviously, would be the integrated weapon. While many would argue about this concept, of a static barrel, me and my team actually found to be more effective to construct our theoretical weapon, due to the fact that, as you can see, much of the weapon is found within the ship itself, therefore allowing us to construct a much more complex firing system that however would require a skilled pilot to actually aim it, however due to the size, it has quite some agility. As for the weapon itself, we'll circle back to it soon.” He took a small break from talking and the hologram suddenly changed. A hologram with the vital systems of the ship appeared.
”Powercore, engines, life support, sensors. Everything has to be brought up to speed. Most of the schematics found of the ship, use old and cheap vital systems. We do not have the 'luxury' to keep those; we need state of the art technology, since the weapon already is theoretical. I hope you are with me so far, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to say them.”

RE: Unconventional Business - Nerva Regis - 07-01-2022

Freeport 6 | Around 16:15

We quickly finished with the introductions after which our hosts started discussing about their project. From what I have seen they seem to be pretty up-to-date with borderworlds technologies. Then again, this is not uncommon when dealing with people who dwell around the border worlds.

It seems they are planing on using a BW Claymore as a base for this project. Since they are going for a ship with a fixed forward gun, I would assume they are interested in our cruiser forward gun. I started looking over the documents they have prepared, and it does seem that the project is doable, at least in theory.
From what I am seeing in the schematics, this would be, more or less, a cannon with wings? On the bright side, we do have a vast experience regarding those. He looked back at the schematics and pointed out an area where the cannon would be placed in the ship. This area here will be a problem. From my experience, the area where the gun and ship combine will always be the weakest point. We can put all the state-of-the-art technologies we want on this ship, but if we don't fix that area... one well shoved projectile and it's sayonara frontgun.

RE: Unconventional Business - MagicKite - 07-10-2022

As the Daimyo expressed his concerns, BP listened carefully, and as soon as he was finished he took his pad and started to search for a file.
”That's an excellent point, Daimyo.”He took a small pause, and then the image on the holoplayer changed. Schematics of a Claymore appeared, but they had notes on the side, and different changes.
”You see, what makes it different from other weaponry, is that we have to modify the vessel to actually integrate the weapon, even further than it is.”Suddenly the schematics from before came back on the holoplayer, so BP made them overlap, to try and explain the differences.
”In normal weapons you'd be more than correct, however if you look closely here on the point you mentioned...”BP starts pointing out that point, where the weapon and the ship would merge, but on the overlap, it was modified.”You can notice here we improved that exact link, but integrating it in the hull of the ship itself. Therefore it acts as a shield for any possible detachment, as many components of the weapon are embedded within the ship itself, rather than having a different component.Therefore your assessment is right: it's a cannon with wings.” He chuckled then continued speaking.
”Now, since I have the blueprints out, I'll explain those aswell. As I was saying before, we had to modify the ship to integrate this weapon, since it's a different kind so to speak. It requires more energy to fire than any other "normal" weaponry. One of our main concerns in developing this is energy supply. Since most of the work is theoretical, we cannot know for sure actual numbers for the gun. This applies for energy storage aswell. Without those issues resolved first, we cannot predict many more issues that can come along the way, so we were hoping you could help.”

RE: Unconventional Business - Nerva Regis - 07-31-2022

Freeport 6 | Sometime later

At least they are admitting that there will be issues during the development process. That's a good sign, I guess we can work with these guys. While I hoped they thought of the power supply issues, I guess that's why this is a joint project. Then again, this thing will need more juice than we usually have available on our smallers ships.

Power supplies are always a pain to deal with in new prototypes. And for this one.... well... as you said, it's no just generating the power, it's also the distribution system. And those aren't the big issues, the annoying part will be sorting out how to power that cannon. Even if we manage to power everything, the moment we discharge the big power buildup in the cannon, the chances of frying the entire system due to the sudden power fluctuation are pretty big.
*He sighs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯* But hey, I guess they might know about Azurite - maybe we could make some sort of Azurite Battery... or find an IRG Powercell and blow ourselves and the entire base when trying to crack it open.

I have a good friend in the Omicrons, he is a rather known Zoner scientist. I am not sure if you are familiar with IRG and their powecells. When IRG disbanded, and IRG powercells became close to impossible to aquire, this scientist tried to build his own version. Now, before we get all happy and celebrate, it's just a protoype. I have seen it work. While it does work provides a good amount of energy, is far from being an IRG powercell. Furthermore, it uses some rather rare elements such as Azurite Gaz and Narchratite Alloy.

Theory
Observations

Welp, let's see how they react, with a bit of luck I can getsome more info about just how much people around here know of Azurite and the sort.

RE: Unconventional Business - MagicKite - 08-01-2022

BP started reading through the data provided by the Daimyo.
”Ok.”He then took a small breath.”This will take a second.”
The data impressed him, he thought there was indeed some potential to go by this route.
”Azurite Gas.”And he chuckles. Then he reaches and takes a sip of his drink.”Well, I'm aware of what it is. However, I've never seen it put to use to be quite honest. And that Narchratite. I've heard something about it on Corinth. However, this seems definitely a better start than we had.”Then he stopped for a second to clear his voice.”However, installing cores similar to this will require the reconstruction of the whole internal components, due to the difference it brings in shape and power.But, looking at the situation, we should first look at how to structure in the best way possible this new...core, before making any changes at the structure.”
He then reaches again for his drink, however this time almost finishing it. ”And will require a lot of testing.”