Discovery Gaming Community
Redline Depot, Tau-29. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Player Owned Bases (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: Redline Depot, Tau-29. (/showthread.php?tid=194439)

Redline Depot, Tau-29. - Redline.Inc - 08-31-2022

Redline Inc, a family-owned ore hauling company previously based on Planet Leeds prior to the Gallic War and which was obviously displaced by the events therein, has entered negotiations with the owner of a small equipment repair shop in the Nago Hydrocarbon Cloud previously used by Kishiro Corp prior to the completion of Nago Station as a rest and repair base for miners and their ships. The base became disused after the building of Nago Station, and became defunct when the mining zone there became played out.
The interim owner used the base as a ship repairs garage for many years, but having attained his golden years, he has announced his pending retirement and has recently sought to sell the property, with incendentals. (one inoperable Stork Advanced Train, one Titan Base Construction ship used as a yard truck for the garage, and diverse garage equipment and tools)

Redline Inc. hereby announces the intent to use this property as a storage depot intended for use as a commodities storage and resale outlet to assist other base owners struggling with supply chain issues.
Redline Inc. DOES NOT intend to build factory modules to compete with other bases which build and sell equipment except those which may be used to equip it's own ships only.
Our intent is to collect those commodities that other factory bases use to build equipment from their many far-flung sources into one convenient location to be resold at a modest markup for the convenience of base owners in the region.
Delivery services are NOT planned AT THIS TIME, but MAY become available in the future.

Base owners who are facing logistical issues in maintaining sufficient levels of necessary commodities to keep their factory modules humming are encouraged to contact Redline.Inc at the address associated with this announcement for further details.

RE: Redline Depot, Tau-29. - Redline.Inc - 09-02-2022

The base has been brought up to code and can now be safely used as a waystation for passing pilots, however accommodations are currently minimal and spartan until such time as further upgrades can be completed.

Ships garage and commodity sales are not yet operational at this time, but we hope to make them available soon.

You can find the base in Tau-29, across from Nago Station. Follow the beacons into the Nago Hydrocarbon field and turn left at the large storage tanks.
All Ships of friendly and neutral status are allowed to dock at this time.

RE: Redline Depot, Tau-29. - Redline.Inc - 09-14-2022

Unfortunately, the ongoing base upgrades continue at a stately pace.
We are however, receiving some traffic from passing ships, which is supplying a modest income.
This is proving helpful in providing the resources needed to get the second Stork repaired.
Hopefully, this will be ready soon to assist in the transporting of the copious materials that are needed to complete the still pending upgrades.

RE: Redline Depot, Tau-29. - Mr.Jamison - 09-28-2022

Character Bio
Subject: Significant Progress with Redline Depot, Tau-29.

It is with great personal pleasure that I can announce that significant updates have been
completed on our station in Tau-29.

Essential upgrades have been made to the hull and structural integrity of what began as
an old mining ship garage in the Nago Hydrocarbon field.

Literally all facilities have been updated, upgraded and improved, including the first of
many additional storage bays intended to bring our capacity to the large quantities of
Long Term Storage necessary to become the Base Operations Materials Clearinghouse
that we intend.

We still have a LONG way to go in order to achieve this goal and to actually begin our
desired level of operations, but as we say in Bretonia:

Well begun is half done!

[Image: Ho8IBQK.jpg]

RE: Redline Depot, Tau-29. - Mr.Jamison - 10-24-2022

Character Bio
Subject: Additional Progress with Redline Depot, Tau-29.

The base in Tau-29 is essentially completed except for some minor Tech/Software/IT
installations. These will be completed soon enough.
However, we will not have the ability to launch our services until such time as I can get
our ships in order. The Stork that was provided by Universal is, of course, in fine shape
and is attending to the ongoing needs of the base and it's inhabitants beautifully.
Having the garage finally in working order has allowed me to attend to the other Stork
which was gotten in the deal with the base. It needed a LOT of work, but being a ship's
mechanic and having a garage at my disposal has made it much less painful than it might
otherwise have been. Also, I have brought in some help in the form of a handful of garage
monkeys (junior mechanics) to keep projects moving.
This ship will be my personal transport, so I had specific expectations as to it's specs and style.
I found a neighboring Zoner who had an Ionstream Engine to sell, which are beautiful pieces of machinery.
These are military grade engines with tight tolerances which require more frequent maintenance, but with that being done are among the strongest, most reliable engines in existence.
Since our business model includes importing ores and other products from the Omicrons, strength and
reliability are the order of the day.
Also, my Universal contacts have put me in touch with a source for additional transports that can be had relatively on the cheap which need significant overhauls, so I hope to pick up a ship every month of so to repair in our shop and finally get this floundering albatross of mine off the ground.

Weeks and months of greasy toil remain ahead of me to make this happen.
Wish me Luck!

RE: Redline Depot, Tau-29. - Mr.Jamison - 03-14-2023

Character Bio
Subject: Continuing Progress with Redline Depot, Tau-29.

Redline Depot in Tau-29 is essentially complete enough to handle baseline operations with respect to our initial project of streamlining the flow of metals and ores originating from the northern reaches of Sirius into Bretonia, and those originating from the southern reaches into Kusari, and assisting those who work with these materials to conduct their business in relative safety.

We now have several working transports available to begin the importing of metal and ores from their far-flung sources.

While having essentially all of our transports cycling through the business of importing Iridium from Omicron Delta, I found that Alabama Shipyard in Omicron Rho was performing transport engine repairs at a very reasonable rate, and have used their services to update the engines of essentially all of our transports. A curious side effect of this activity has been to give these engines the typical blueish combustion and contrail color of the Core engines upon which Alabama Shipyard commonly works. I rather like the relative uniqueness that it imparts upon our ships while working all about Sirius. Being more noticeable while flying around is much like free advertisement.

The initial interest of businesses in Bretonia seems to be in securing sources of Iridium, so this will be our focus at launch. We have also initiated talk with Tau area miners regarding the sourcing of Niobium from neighboring Tau-23, giving the traders thereof a source for this material along a major tradelane, eliminating the need for flights through dangerous areas of open space which were previously necessary.
Other materials will be added to our services as we discover that which is desired by the local markets and which can be provided profitably.

Our work continues in readying additional ships to move these materials promptly enough to meet demand.

Business concerns in both Bretonia and Kusari space are invited to engage us regarding which materials that they would like to see as available at our Tau-29 location.

With Our Best Regards,

Contact Mr. Jamison

RE: Redline Depot, Tau-29. - Mr.Jamison - 04-18-2023

Character Bio
To: Sirius-wide Businesses

Subject: Base Construction has been Completed..

With our base in Sigma-15 scheduled to come online in the next few days, Redline Depot in Tau-29 stands ready to commence the export of Base Supply Commodities specific to the western house areas (bretonian alloys, as one example) and to receive products specific to the eastern houses and borderworlds areas (i.e. Iridium, optronics etc.)

We greatly anticipate the community's reception of these innovative new services, and ask all base operators to contact us with their most pressing needs.

With Best Regards,

RE: Redline Depot, Tau-29. - Mr.Jamison - 05-15-2023

Character Bio
To: Sirius-wide Base Owners & Transporters.

Subject: Cloak Disruptor Materials at Redline Depot, Tau-29.

Redline Depot has received a large shipment of Iridium from Omicron Delta, and is currently
expediting the transportation of Energy Field Equipment from Picardy.
These import of these commodities are the first completion of what will be a continuing effort
on our part to provide these materials to Base Operators in the Bretonian and Western Kusari
regions at reasonable prices.

While the supply line for Iridium is rather lengthy, and that for EFE is quite perilous, (being
necessary to transport it through open, non-tradelane space in order to take maximum
advantage our location's shortest route to the lowest-price available source) our pilots
have laboured strenuously to gather then into our base in Tau-29, and will continue to do
so while a demand for them remains.

I would urge Base Operators that engage in the manufacture of Cloak Disruptors to consider
Redline Depot as a source for their necessary materials.

Please Note: Due to the increased risk of ship damage to hostile actions and additional security costs incurred in the perilous open space journey via the Tau systems to our Gallic source,
Energy Field Equipment will be exempt from our common 100 credits/system transportation charge. However, considering the purchase price available at our source for the quantities that we
buy, we will certainly still be able to sell this product at a substantial discount over the current prevailing prices in the region.

Additionally, since Redline Inc. is primarily an Ores and Metals transporter, Redline Depot Tau-29 will
BUY Gold Ore at 5500 credits. Miners and transporters will be able to make greater profit than selling it at Planet Honshu. Making 2 drops in Tau-29 (20 waypoints of travel) will net +700 credits per unit over the full trip to Planet Honshu (42 waypoints from the NL/Dublin Gate)
Also, Our Tau-29 Depot will BUY Uranium Ore at 7600 credits. This is 600 credit/unit over the profit level per waypoint (22 vs, 36) of delivering to Belvedere, NL.

We appreciate your attention,
And look forward to doing Business with you all.

Tau-29 Commodities Pricing
COMMODITYSOURCE BASESYSTEMDEPOT PRICE
IRIDIUMFREEPORT 11OM-DELTA1200 CREDITS/UNIT
ENERGY FIELD EQUIP.ABBEVILLEPICARDY2600 CREDITS/UNIT
CT ALLOYHOLSTEINFRANKFURT1200 CREDITS/UNIT
ARGENTIUM SILVERFREISTADTOMEGA-7800 CREDITS/UNIT
RAW HYDROCARBONSMINING FIELDTAU-534600 CREDITS/UNIT
GOLD OREMINING FIELDDUBLIN5500 CREDITS/UNIT
URANIUM OREMINING FIELDSIGMA-217600 CREDITS/UNIT

RE: Redline Depot, Tau-29. - Mr.Jamison - 05-19-2023

Character Bio
To: Sirius-wide Businesses

Subject: New Items Available at Redline Depot

Base Owners, Miners and Transporters:

Please make note of the NEW SERVICES now available at Redline Depot, Tau-29.

More additional items will be available soon.

We look forward to serving you!

RE: Redline Depot, Tau-29. - Mr.Jamison - 10-06-2023