Discovery Gaming Community
Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - BDM| Official Faction creation request - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Archived Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=290)
+------ Thread: Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - BDM| Official Faction creation request (/showthread.php?tid=195979)

Pages: 1 2 3

Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - BDM| Official Faction creation request - BDM - 02-09-2023

Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts

"With dedication, honor, and integrity, we serve the federal republic of Rheinland and will safeguard our homeland, its people, and our values."

Table of contents
History
Rumors and Myths
Goals and Objectives
Departments and Ranks
Diplomacy and Zones of Influence
Ships and Naming Conventions
The Fleet
Characters
Facilities
Faction Technology
► Military Decorations
► Rules of Conduct
► Intelligence Database
[Image: mlnuuts.png]

The "Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts" (Bureau of naval intelligence), short "BDM" or "Büro", is Rheinland's secret service and head of the Marinenachrichtendienst, tasked with Sirius-wide monitoring, gathering and processing of information, prevention of hostile acts, and neutralization of the alien menace in Rheinland. The BDM relies on a variety of measures, the majority of which are clandestine. If necessary, they even use ties to the criminal underground in order to accomplish their mission.

The BDM cooperates closely together with the Rheinland Imperial Police and Rheinland Military to maintain the national security of the House of Rheinland. Specialized personnel and the latest tools are required to ensure the agency's superiority towards its enemies. Members of the Büro are some of the best in Rheinland. They are experienced, capable and highly motivated to protect the fatherland. Beyond that, the Büro is also equipped with its own navy - The so called "U-Korps" - A small fleet dreaded for its guerrilla and economic-warfare tactics. Although their fleet size isn't as large as the Rheinwehr's, they are still able to adapt at any situation and can turn the outcome of a conflict in favor of the federal republic.

Faction status
■ Name:Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts
■ Tag:BDM|
■ ID/IFF:BDM ID / MND IFF
■ Indies:MND - Marinenachrichtendienst
■ Origin:Federal Republic of Rheinland
■ Alignment:Quasi-lawful
■ Date of founding:668 A.S.
■ Founder:The Kaiser of Rheinland
■ Headquarter:Schatten Research Facility
■ Primary role:Information gathering, counterintelligence
■ Secondary role:Alien research, assassination, propaganda
■ Chats: BDM| @Discord
■ Current leader(s): 1st iC = @Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke
2nd iC = @Prysin
■ OORP threads: Recruitment Office
■ RP threads: V-Net Main Menu
Operational Report Archive
Bounty Payout Office [Closed]
■ Faction specialized RP threads: Press Releases
Schatten Internal Databases
■ Faction activity:Activity Tracker

500 million are to be taken from BDM|Syn.

RE: Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - BDM| Official Faction creation request - Major. - 02-09-2023

Good luck, tho I need to say I miss the old old crew.

Make Rheinland great again my dudes!

RE: Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - BDM| Official Faction creation request - The Kingdom of Bretonia - 02-09-2023

The Kingdom of Bretonia looks on with grave concerns and much thought at this decision. We hope we'll have plenty of matters to remain angry at each other over. (sun)

Good luck!

RE: Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - BDM| Official Faction creation request - Toaster - 02-09-2023

The infopage still makes lots of references to the BDM being a federal agency. I suppose that oughta be amended.

Edit: Also mentions of the Rheinland Federal Police.

RE: Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - BDM| Official Faction creation request - Prysin - 02-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 07:28 PM)Toaster Wrote: The infopage still makes lots of references to the BDM being a federal agency. I suppose that oughta be amended.

No, it literally does not need to be ammended. Current Rheinland is a hodge-podge of federal + imperial policies mixed.

RE: Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - BDM| Official Faction creation request - BDM - 02-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 07:17 PM)Major. Wrote: Good luck, tho I need to say I miss the old old crew.

Make Rheinland great again my dudes!

We miss some people of it too but most of the old crew is, this or another way, gone. Thank you, we'll try our best!

(02-09-2023, 07:21 PM)The Kingdom of Bretonia Wrote: The Kingdom of Bretonia looks on with grave concerns and much thought at this decision. We hope we'll have plenty of matters to remain angry at each other over. (sun)

Good luck!

Oh, we'll absolutely have plenty of such matters. Thank you.

RE: Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - BDM| Official Faction creation request - Karst - 02-09-2023

The formatting and graphics are gorgeous, and the information is well presented and written.

However, you desperately need to update your History section, which ends in 825. In the time since then, Rheinland has seen two wars, one of which was a civil war in which the BDM played a major role.

RE: Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - BDM| Official Faction creation request - BDM - 02-09-2023

Yes, that slipped my attention, somewhat. It will be updated with due haste.

RE: Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts - BDM| Official Faction creation request - Toaster - 02-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 07:51 PM)Prysin Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 07:28 PM)Toaster Wrote: The infopage still makes lots of references to the BDM being a federal agency. I suppose that oughta be amended.

No, it literally does not need to be ammended. Current Rheinland is a hodge-podge of federal + imperial policies mixed.

Rheinland currently styles itself an empire. Much like how the UK's navy and air force are royal despite the country being a mostly democratic constitutional monarchy, so, too, Rheinland's agencies should probably be labeled imperial - like the Kaiserliche Rheinwehr and Polizei.

Probably should, but nor must not obliged to. Federal sentiments are still strong within the agency and will be, it is simply strictly regulated. Your concerns are understood and taken into account but we will be following an already set up trend of Buro being the bastion of federalism. It won't be styled after the general Rheinland trend in this iteration.