Discovery Gaming Community
Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships (/showthread.php?tid=196857)

Pages: 1 2

Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Fab - 04-16-2023

Rules Wrote:3.1 - Players are considered to be ''PVP Dead'' if they die during a PVP encounter or dock while hostile combatants are within docking message range of other players. A "PVP Dead" player must:
  • Leave the system the fight took place in, not carry cargo, and not engage in any interaction for one (1) hour unless provided otherwise in-game ("PvP Death Period"). Other players must allow a PVP Dead player to leave the system.
  • Not re-enter the system they died in on or attack the player(s) they died to on any of their characters during the the PvP Death Period.

add an exception:
  • Camera ships with proper ID "Recruit ID" are allowed within the system the player is PVP Dead in, observing the camera ship's and Recruit ID's restrictions.

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Darius - 04-16-2023

Allow me to give you a basic run-down of how this'll be truly treated:

I get into a cruiser, I kill several enemies, I die in the process, but I then hop on a voice chat in a remote discord server to then bring a camera ship over and help coordinate my allies that are still fighting.

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Fab - 04-16-2023

(04-16-2023, 07:17 PM)Darius Wrote: I get into a cruiser, I kill several enemies, I die in the process, but I then hop on a voice chat in a remote discord server to then bring a camera ship over and help coordinate my allies that are still fighting.

definitely isn't a new problem: nothing stops players from doing the same thing at the very start of the engagement. Also, I haven't seen how such thing has been used effectively or how a camera ship giving instructions has changed the outcome of a PVP encounter in any proven and meaningful way.

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Kauket - 04-16-2023

Nah. Don't want metagaming. If you really want to watch, just ask the people you died to. Most of the time they'll say sure.

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Czechmate - 04-16-2023

Yeah sure why not - it's an oorp ship, should be outside of PvP deaths too obviously.

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - LuckyOne - 04-16-2023

Well it's only fair that both sides can "metagame". Absent a tactical camera view like in Freeworlds, this could be a good workaround. Let the best camera admiral win!

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Jackfrench - 08-14-2023

(04-16-2023, 07:24 PM)Kauket Wrote: Nah. Don't want metagaming. If you really want to watch, just ask the people you died to. Most of the time they'll say sure.
Yes but actually no...
Last time I did that I got bastilled https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=157729 So no don't do that

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Kauket - 08-14-2023

I said if you ask people and if they say they're fine with you there. Not going back without asking and being told explicitly to leave.

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - DrengrCo - 08-14-2023

Imagine that.

That a people who have migrated across the universe and live in a technological space-faring society might possess and use drones in a battlespace, and actually possess more than one of them?

RE: Suggestion: Change game rule 3.1 to allow PVP Dead camera ships - Grumblesaur - 08-14-2023

(08-14-2023, 06:10 PM)DrengrCo Wrote:

Imagine that.

That a people who have migrated across the universe and live in a technological space-faring society might possess and use drones in a battlespace, and actually possess more than one of them?

Camera ships generally aren't considered part of the roleplaying environment. They're a mechanical workaround to allow in-game recordings because there is no spectator view.