Discovery Gaming Community
Akhetaten | Unique Ship Request - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Special Roleplay Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+----- Forum: Approved Special Roleplay Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=403)
+----- Thread: Akhetaten | Unique Ship Request (/showthread.php?tid=196887)

Akhetaten | Unique Ship Request - Akhetaten - 04-19-2023

1. Forum name of the owner:
@Akhetaten / @Tenshi

2. Exact name of the ship:
46th|LNX-Akhetaten

3. Exact name, identification and affiliation of the character:
46th|LNX-Akhetaten
46th| ID
Liberty Navy IFF

4. Which official faction(s) were involved in construction of this ship?
@5th Fleet - Previous owning fleet
@Liberty Navy 46th Fleet - Current owning fleet
@Deep Space Engineering - Responsible for material transfers
@US| - Responsible for material transfers
@Ageira - Responsible for material transfers

5. Provide links to the forum roleplay centered around construction of this ship.

6. Provide a cliffnote/summary for the links provided above.
I will be providing my answers to both 6. and 8. in the below story-like format that describes the threads I've listed in a more descriptive and fluent manner that allows for one to more easily paint a picture of the ship's story without having to actually follow the roleplay. Of course, I'll be keeping it as short as possible.

The Admiralty of the Fifth Fleet, which the Akhetaten was part of at the time, has taken the decision that due to the vessel's long service history and outdated status she should be overhauled to match today's standards, allowing her to accomplish her role more effectively and safely. After discussing the specifics of the overhaul with the member of High Command that was put in charge of the project, Rear Admiral Nicole Prower, her and the then-CO of the vessel Christopher Edwards came to the conclusion that a complete overhaul would be necessary due to various compatibility issues that would be caused through partial updating of the ship's onboard systems.

The project would require a large amount of resources that Edwards was tasked with obtaining. For that, he contacted a number of recognized entities within Liberty Space and in time managed to procure all the necessary materials for the Fifth Fleet - allowing for the construction to begin.

It was only natural that after Edwards' retirement from the Navy, Maria Uhmen - the ship's ex-XO and now-CO - would take over this project. During her time as a commanding officer, many things would change in how the project was viewed. After reviewing things over, after many deployments in far-off sectors and after a failed attempt at forming a Task Force around the Akhetaten, Uhmen decided it'd be beneficial for the Fifth Fleet, the Akhetaten and the Liberty Navy if the vessel was to be laterally transferred to the Forty-Sixth Fleet, and so it did.

With the Forty-Sixth Fleet now 'owning' this project, things were looked over again. It was ultimately decided that the progress done so far while within the Fifth Fleet was pleasing, but the schematics allowed for improvements. Various files and blueprints that were supposedly final were reviewed and altered during a stage of the construction that did not render the current progress irreversible. With the new data at hand, the team would continue to now construct the new version of the Akhetaten.

7. Provide other links to the forum roleplay relevant to the subject of this request.

8. Provide a cliffnote/summary for the links provided above.
Answer provided above, see 6.

9. How long has this character been building its backstory?
Roughly three years now, possibly falling quite short by a few months.

10. If you feel that you would like to provide us with character references, specify whom.
I will treat this section in an ooRP manner and use it for two purposes. It's first purpose will be clearing up some possible confusion that this post might create regarding the request.

I had previously submitted a unique ship request that was about changing the Akhetaten's textures (to match the LibDread ones) and adding a Liberty star to her bow (again, to match the LibDread one). They were both things that @aerelm had worked on and finalized and they were ready to be shipped with the next patch. I don't remember the specific timings of those events, but they must've been around a year ago, maybe a year and a few months. The above changes were something only temporary until the ship's actually unique model was finished, and the request was sent in with the thought that the next patch would be within a few weeks, maybe a month, and I can get to keep the Akhetaten as a Liberty texture Osiris with a Liberty star on her until the real unique ship request comes.

I was very surprised to know that the patch did not take a few weeks, or a few months, but at the same time the project of the actual remodel was still on-going. Inevitably, a point was reached where the new model was finished but the patch was not here yet, this effectively rendered my old unique ship request completely pointless.

Seeing how I was already through that process, @Haste was very kind to work with me and help me out with finishing the final model that will be used for the Akhetaten, not only by giving me and my modeller very precious feedback on the ship but also by actively helping out in the process of making the ship game-ready. With his help, I am certain that the ship will be ready to enter the game with the next patch, and the reason that I am posting this SRP change request at this time is so that I do not have to go through the 'waiting period' if I was to post it after the patch is live. Considering there is no more roleplay to be done on this project and that the ship - in-roleplay - is fully reconstructed, the only thing that doesn't match the roleplay is the in-game experience. This is just an attempt of mine to cut down on the wait-time until the in-game matches the in-roleplay by not having to also wait for the necessary voting process to happen after the patch is live.

I hope the above clears out any confusion.

As a closing statement I would also kindly ask that another billion credits are not requested from me for this request, seeing how a billion credits were already taken away during my last, now entirely invalid, request.

This section's second purpose will be to provide a very necessary kudos to all the people involved in the project, some inRP, some ooRP. I will provide the character names for the inRP ones.
I pre-amptively apologize if I forgot someone, that's a lotta names.
  • @A1ex - For doing an amazing job texturing the ship and helping me settle down with the files necessary for this request.
  • @Armageddon - Operative Cobra - For being the best modeler I could ever ask for, pumping out this amazing work and on top of that participating in the roleplay too.
  • @bakugone - For being there for me when I needed a balance dev's opinions along with Val and Shooter.
  • @Chronicron - Amazing feedback, amazing comments, amazing pieces of advice and amazing company. I rate amazing/10.
  • @Dan Johnson - For being an absolute chad delivery-boy for DSE) and handling literally every single resource I asked for all by himself. It's what any true chad would do.
  • @DarkTails - Nicole Prower - For being the 'second-in-command' of this whole project. Thank you for all the help with the roleplay and all the other, background, help.
  • @Haste - I unironically have no words and I will definitely never be able to thank you enough. Can't fit enough thank-yous here, but you have my sincerest gratitude. Absolute chad balance lead.
  • @Ice Princess - For being the person responsible for this whole project. If she didn't give it a yes, it would've never happened.
  • @JCPC - Julios Camios - For being USI's representative during the supplying phase and offering me an astonishingly low price for the services he gave me.
  • @Kauket - For teaching me how to make visual effects. Would've never been able to make these beautiful effects without her lessons. Be blessed, Nyx.
  • @Lucas - For offering a lot of feedback, comments and help whenever it was necessary.
  • @Morosz - For being a huge military nerd and offering the best and most detailed help on how the ship's internals need to operate.
  • @Squad - For being a mega-chad Admin and making the "Welcome to the Big Leagues" event which helped me make the 3 billion needed for this.
  • @TheDoctorXI - Fleet Admiral Martin Kemp-Smith - For accepting me into 46th, for providing amazing feedback and for giving his inRP approval of the project. Chaddest 1ic, you saw it here first.
  • @TheShooter36 - Balance dev/10. Helped a lot in the balancing of the ship along with Baku and Val.
  • @Toaster - For offering the most controversial, painful, yet high-quality feedback. While I'm at it, kudos to myself for not losing my mind. Just kidding I love you Toaster.
  • @Treewyrm - For taking multiple looks at the model, being there when needed and helping out in the model's progress.
  • @Val - I rate balance dev/10. Very helpful and very cooperable.
  • Genuinely everyone that has roleplayed and spent time with that ship. The number of interactions I've had is so insanely high that I can't even begin to remember who else to list here. If you've provided feedback to me about the ship (positive or not), if a character of yours has helped out in this project, if you participated in any amount of shenanigans with the Akhetaten, if you did any of the above and your name isn't on that list then kudos to you!

Akhetaten | SRP Change Request - Akhetaten - 08-30-2023

1. Exact name of the character:
46th|LNX-Akhetaten

2. Link to the request to be amended:
Akhetaten | Special Operative ID

3. What exactly do you want changed?
The ship's name from 46th|LNX-Akhetaten to 46th|TFA-LNX-Akhetaten

4. Why are these changes necessary?
With Uhmen's decision to re-introduce Task Force Akhetaten (TFA) into active duty, the Task Force's flagship is required to bare the same tag as every other Task Force ship. This change is to reflect that fact.

5. Provide possible links to the relevant forum roleplay.
- To: Liberty Navy | From: Vice Admiral Maria Uhmen, 46th Fleet

- Internal Communication - Task Force Akhetaten

- To: Rear Admiral Nicole Prower | From: Vice Admiral Maria Uhmen

Please do keep in mind that I already have an on-going (most likely accepted by now, I would assume) SRP change request regarding the unique ship that's going on this character as soon as the patch releases. Ideally, this SRP change request should be included in the same one I've already posted, but I couldn't predict that events would turn out this way five months ago.

However, I would kindly ask that if the patch is out (and therefore the unique model is in-game) before the rename specific SRP change request is approved, to not include them in the same request so as to not delay the previous request's finalization.

RE: [Pending Dev Work]Akhetaten | Unique Ship Request - Tunicle - 10-07-2023

Approved