Discovery Gaming Community
GNI/- - Reporting Center - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: GNI/- - Reporting Center (/showthread.php?tid=197451)

GNI/- - Reporting Center - Gallic National Intelligence - 06-05-2023

Report Center - Accessible to Tier-1 and above

The Reporting Center is a secure NeuralNet channel dedicated to operatives of the GNI for After-Action Reports and other type of information that needs to be broadcasted across the agency. Note all the information is classified, and suppression of the information remains at the discretion of the Director.

Guide on the narrative and how to write a report

Begin the report by indicating an introduction or a summary of what had happened.

Indicate the Tier level of access you have, and remain consistent with the information you have access to. Preferably, but not necessarily, list the persons of interest.

Take a clinical tone. No strong feelings or emotion should appear on the report, as they are written after.

Recommend, if you feel the need to, courses of action, and if you can spare the time, write a small writeup for the dossier on the person or factions.

The image is the image of your character, it should be around 150x150 - 160x160, and preferably grey-scaled.

RE: Gallic National Intelligence - Reporting Center - Gallic National Intelligence - 08-04-2023

RESERVED SPACE

[CLASSIFIED]

RE: Gallic National Intelligence - Reporting Center - Kherty - 03-16-2024

[Image: 35hQrFC.png]

16th of March.,835 A.S.
LOCATION/TRANSMISSION ZONE: Gallic Naval Intelligence Ship Saint Amant

SENDER: Saint Amant CIC
RECIPIENT(S): GNI/-
CLASSIFICATION: TOP SECRET
SUBJECT: Orkney-Tau-61 Operations

Bonjour, officiers,

This is the bridge's rapport on the events of today.

The intelligence ship Saint Amant was deployed in the high orbit of Planet Quillan for gathering intelligence of passing ships, and enforcing the restriction on the trade lane to Tau-23. As such, multiple ships were intercepted.
Most notably, a Bretonian Armed Forces ship, "Stoic", operating under a Freelancer IFF, was seen, and docked on Planet Quillan.
After interrogation, and scan, this ship was also possessing Military Salvage.

The ship was dispatched by the batteries of the Saint Amant for breaching the laws of the Gallic Union.

Later on, a Freelancer transport was intercepted after speeding off and docking to Planet Quillan. After a lengthy discussion, we settled on them paying 50% of a fine - 75,000 credits. They were transferred to the development of the Gallic National Intelligence.

An Order ship, requesting safe passage through the restricted area to Tau-23, was accepted, as token of proof of cooperation between the Order and Gallia as a whole. A fee of 10,000 credits was billed to the ship, and was promptly paid. They were transferred to the development of the Gallic National Intelligence.

An [FLG] vessel, the [FLG]NT-Predator, was noticed, and was pursued by the Saint Amant, through Roussilllon, then to Tau-61. The GNI/-Dubois was deployed in support.

Fig. 1 - The ship being pursued by the Saint Amant.

Fig.2 - The Saint Amant and Dubois near the jump hole to Tau-61.
Aliens were quickly seen, and proceeded to engage said Maquis vessel. The Saint Amant pulled back successfully, and rejoined the Dubois. The Maquis vessel was reportedly destroyed.

The Saint Amant was then deployed to the Orkney system again, where alien activity has been reported.
Aliens, were indeed present. Stress was detected amongst the crew - psychological tests are still ongoing on the crew of the Saint Amant.

A potential, peaceful envoy and meeting, is in the works. This is an exceedingly unique occurence, and needs to be perfect, in order to enhance the understanding between humans and aliens. The bridge's rapport will leave this event to be chronicled by the other parties.

A total of 235,000 credits, in fines, and donations, were made today, and transferred for the development of the Gallic National Intelligence. (23,500,000 credits).

Saint Amant crew, out.

RE: Gallic National Intelligence - Reporting Center - StellarViss - 03-17-2024

[Image: mT3PZBe.png]

16th of March.,835 A.S..
LOCATION/TRANSMISSION ZONE: Evreux Research Facility, Système Orleanais, [font]

SENDER: Eloise Aadeleine de Lefevre
RECIPIENT(S): GNI/-[b]
[b]CLASSIFICATION:
TOP SECRET
SUBJECT: Orkney system

Bonjour Command,

The cruiser Dunois was on its designated patrol path around the Tau border until we received a request for assistance from the Saint Amant, originating from an unknown system, which we proceeded to follow. Arriving in the system, we found the Saint Amant pursuing a Maquisard ship deep into the system until the inhabitants swarmed and destroyed the ship in question. Both I and the CIC of the Saint Amant quickly left the system.

As we were returning to the Languedoc jump anomaly our sensors picked up a Gaian ship. The Dunois broke off and pursued the Gaian ship into the same system as the Maquisard was, that being Tau-61, my ship caught up to it. I will transmit the conversation.

The Dunois followed the Gaian carrying a sample of 500 units of Xeno relics in our hold. The Gaian proceeded to dock at the Order's battleship named Amenta. Shortly after the Gaian vessel moored, an Order pilot flying under the banner of Section 8 undocked. The conversation, which will be linked, featured the Order ship "Augur"|S8 recommending the destruction of the Xeno relics, quoting them as saying, "Better jettison and destroy them." However, they did confirm my suspicion that the Gaians were not working with the Order.

We pulled back out of Tau-61 again as our long-range scanner detected multiple unknown objects approaching our location. The return to Languedoc was uneventful as we accompanied the Saint Amant on its regular patrol. Relatively quickly, the Saint Amant received communication from the Marquis d'Eguilly, reporting another Maquisard ship fleeing from Tau-61 as it was, for lack of a better word, hunted by two large alien forms. The creatures quickly destroyed the ship but did not show hostility towards us as they slowly returned to their, I presume, home system.

We once again set our course toward Gallia proper, only for the Battlecruiser Sisteron to report unusual alien activity in Orkney, to which we again responded. The entity that we encountered was beyond anything I could imagine; it was made of smoke and flew between my ship and the Saint Amant. Our two ships were reinforced by a Valor-class named GNS-Grande.Harmonie. The gaseous alien was joined by two large forms that looked similar to the ones that destroyed the Maquis ship.

The aliens were not hostile, so I decided to try to communicate with them. They responded somewhat positively and were willing to engage in their equivalent of talking. The one conducting most of the conversation sounded close to human, while the other form was more aggressive. It somehow assaulted the minds of everyone on board the Dunois. It tried to compel us to open fire on the GNS-Grande Harmonie. Some of my ship's crew succumbed to the aliens' mental assault. I was forced to execute my Gunnery Officer, while the marines on my ship managed to arrest those affected by the mental attack. Luckily for us, the alien ceased its assault on us. The "diplomacy" ended with them promising us an envoy. Since then, my crew and I have undergone psychological examinations; unfortunately, twenty-four of the ship's crew are now unfit for duty.

Command, I would recommend that we reach out to both the Order and the Technocracy of Auxo about the Nomads then we pull the information together.

With regards,
Eloise Aadeleine de Lefevre

RE: Gallic National Intelligence - Reporting Center - 'Trident' - 03-19-2024

[Image: hKdb7vd.png]

18th of March, 750 A.G.S.
LOCATION/TRANSMISSION ZONE: Planète Marseille, Système Provence

SENDER: SIO «Trident»
RECIPIENT(S): GNI Central Reporting Center
CLASSIFICATION: TIER 3
SUBJECT: «Iron Brawler»

Bonsoir, officiers,

Today's events are of interest. While heading to a meeting with a contact on Toulon, I encountered a Sirian flying with the callsign of «Iron Brawler». He flew what appeared to be a frigate, and claimed to be from Liberty, a claim corroborated by his bearing valid civilian Libertonian identification papers. However, his IFF indicated an affiliation with the Xenos — a proscribed terrorist group. Upon inquiry, the suspect identified himself solely as «William». I sent a signal to the GNS Cathubodua, a Navy gunboat, requesting for aid. In the meantime, I stalled the suspect by superficially pretending to oblige his various requests. He was particularly interested in the whereabouts of one «Vatan», allegedly a capital ship of Gallic origin captained by one «Lucas Gerald». The suspect was also carrying a large amount of surplus military-grade light arms in his vessel's hold — a proscribed commodity within Gallia when carried without a license.

Once the Cathubodua arrived, I informed «William» that he was under arrest on charges of affiliating with a proscribed terrorist group and unlicensed transportation of military armaments. Suspect complied with my demand to lower his shields in preparation for a marine team from the Cathubodua to board his vessel in order to take him into custody for interrogation. However, the suspect seemed supremely unperturbed by this course of events, and continued to interrogate me over comms regarding Capitaine Gerald, even up until the point of the boarding team breaching the Iron Brawler's bridge.

However, most unfortunately, it was at that exact moment that the capitaine of the Cathubodua received an urgent distress call from a civilian vessel claiming to be under fire from Maquis terrorists along the shipping lanes of Languedoc, and was forced to recall their boarding team in the case of their being required to assist civilians at the scene of the terrorism incident. With the suspect continuing to be fanatically fixated on interrogating me about the Vatan, and as such, uncooperative, I sent a request to Melun for backup, which shortly arrived in the form of «Owl-2» and «Chevalier de Lorraine» — an HM-series «Courbe» with a malfunctioning IFF transponder equipped with standard civilian equipment. The latter silently lent us its aid as we chased the suspect down the lanes to Planète New Paris. Unfortunately, he escaped our clutches through cleverly-timed hacking of the trade lane system. At this point, Owl-2 put in for refueling at Compiegne.

The pilot of the Chevalier then spoke their first words, inquiring whether I supported the Union or the King. Naturally, I responded that I support Gallia. At this time, a lone Royalist named «Jean Bordeaux» appeared from the Vincennes and we engaged in some rather boring and trite conversation.

Further details about this encounter will likely be present in the Marechal's report, but are here redacted for security classification reasons. A redacted audio transcription of events will be attached to this transmission.

Key takeaways:
«Iron Brawler» a Sirian «Scarab»-class frigate, owned and operated solely by a Libertonian named «William».
«William» has an obsession with a Gallic warship called «Vatan», allegedly captained by «Lucas Gerald».
«William» is either tech-illiterate or extremely tech-savvy. He seems seems to harbor an advanced AI onboard his ship's systems.
• This AI claims its name to be «Iron Brawler», matching the name of the ship.
«William» has a keen sense of timing and is very evasive.
«Jean Bordeaux» is a Royalist remnant who seems to operate within Gallia and may be amenable to cutting deals.
«Chevalier de Lorraine» is an associate of the Marechal's contact within [REDACTED].
«Chevalier de Lorraine» is likely to either harbor Royalist sympathies or else be keenly analytical.
«Chevalier de Lorraine» may be a useful asset for mercenary work or intelligence gathering.
[REDACTED] agents are assessed as likely to be useful for intelligence gathering.
[REDACTED] agents are assessed as likely to be cooperative so long as we ignore their plausibly-deniable activities.

Renvoyé(s).

RE: Gallic National Intelligence - Reporting Center - StellarViss - 04-18-2024

[Image: KPE4xVy.png]

16th of March.,835 A.S..
LOCATION/TRANSMISSION ZONE: Evreux Research Facility, Système Orleanais,

SENDER: Eloise Aadeleine de Lefevre
RECIPIENT(S): GNI Central Reporting Center
CLASSIFICATION: TIER 2
SUBJECT: Outcast Battlegroup in Languedoc [/font]

Bonjour Command,

I am forwarding a report made by the captain of the GNI/-Dunois about the recent incursion of an Outcast force into Languedoc.

Bonjour Agent Lafevre,

The cruiser Dunois was in Burgundy finalising the latest crew transfer and was to travel towards Picardy. As the ship unmoored, I received an emergency transmission from the Languedoc garrison informing us about an Outcast force that has arrived in the system. Having arrived before our forces had completed their mustering, we flew in to support the heavy assets deployed by the Navy, comprised of Valor and Redemption-class vessels
battleships, along with two Obstinate-class battlecruisers and multiple Triumph-class destroyers.

The Outcasts had fewer heavy assets deployed, but their destroyers outnumbered ours, forcing us into a more supporting role. As the battle commenced, the Gallic battleships pushed toward the enemy's own. The Outcasts tried to use their lighter capital ships to harass and pull our ships out of formation, managing to damage some of our vessels.

I would also like to report a lack of our support fighter craft, which the Outcasts exploited thoroughly. As we continued engaging them, the Gallic battleships proved their superiority over the Maltese, quickly turning the engagement into a cleanup operation of the now fleeing remnants. The Dunois assisted with the operation, managing to critically damage several vessels , with the assistance of the other allied ships present.

After the battle, we encountered a freelancer piloting a Rhineland black market ship, with proprietary EFL technology in its cargo, flying towards planet Quillon. After its refusal to halt, we opened fire and neutralized the ship, and the cargo was collected. The Dunois then proceeded to head to Nimes to moor and inspect for any battle damage.

Signing off,
Captain Cyrille Vauban

As can be seen in this report, the Maltese mutants have grown bold, and with Burgundy being directly connected to their home system, we might see an increase in those addicted to their product soon. I would suggest working with the Unione Corse and helping them exercise their specific availability to dismantle any attempt by the Outcasts to establish a distribution network.

With regards,
Eloise Aadeleine de Lefevre