Discovery Gaming Community
Just delete the base and get it over with. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Just delete the base and get it over with. (/showthread.php?tid=197833)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Just delete the base and get it over with. - Adam_Spire - 07-12-2023

It seems players who actually want to defend their player bases, cannot.
They don't have the resources, the man power, the in-game fleets, or the constant, non stop player support, to stop any attack.

Since a certain player has made it their mission in life to blow up player bases
Since This is no longer a role play server, as I was specifically informed on the official Discord Server.
Since apparently lawful and casual players cannot muster a literal 24 hour 7 day a week defense against 8-9 players hell bent on blowing up player bases
Since any attack on player bases associated with this certain player will be seen as OORP metagaming, while they blissfully as they systematically destroy any player base they want.
Since any question or attempt to save a base will fall under the "LOL they feel like I'm killing their child." or "LOL you should have built somewhere else." Category, lets just get it over with.

Why not just skip to the chase and delete the player base.
Make your declaration then have an Admin CTRL-X the base.
I know this will defeat the utter joy this certain player and his group have destroying bases, but unless you are actually the same group that work hand in hand with this certain player, there is simply no way anyone can defend against them in any reasonable manor. Even if they fail the siege, they will just redeclare the siege and start all over again.

I know there are some players that build player bases for the sake of trolling, But a good portion of us can't even feel comfortable building anything or maintaining anything even in house space. There is absolutely nothing stopping this certain player from destroying any player base, any time for any reason.

RE: Just delete the base and get it over with. - Darius - 07-12-2023

Have you honestly thought about building stuff in House space? Surely whatever lawfuls there are left would be more than happy to help

RE: Just delete the base and get it over with. - Kauket - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 03:19 PM)Darius Wrote: Have you honestly thought about building stuff in House space? Surely whatever lawfuls there are left would be more than happy to help

Until the said lawfuls are all logging the unlawfuls to siege said places, because of majority population overlap.

RE: Just delete the base and get it over with. - Jeuge - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 03:25 PM)Kauket Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 03:19 PM)Darius Wrote: Have you honestly thought about building stuff in House space? Surely whatever lawfuls there are left would be more than happy to help

Until the said lawfuls are all logging the unlawfuls to siege said places, because of majority population overlap.

tactical move

RE: Just delete the base and get it over with. - Darius - 07-12-2023

I would be very much interested in seeing what lawfuls log unlawfuls to siege in their own backyard.

RE: Just delete the base and get it over with. - TheSauron - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 03:16 PM)Adam_Spire Wrote: Why not just skip to the chase and delete the player base.

Agreed.

RE: Just delete the base and get it over with. - Swifty - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 03:28 PM)Jeuge Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 03:25 PM)Kauket Wrote:

tactical move

Its all part of a bigger oorp conspiracy. But shhh dont tell them.

RE: Just delete the base and get it over with. - Czechmate - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 03:28 PM)Darius Wrote: I would be very much interested in seeing what lawfuls log unlawfuls to siege in their own backyard.
Well a lot of RHA are in BDM for example - you didn't see a single BDM come to shoot RHA in O-11. Let's see if they show up in Cologne but I doubt it. It's again RHA sieging and BDM a no-show.

Thing is - Core 1+2 I mean- so be it, they don't take much to get going, are fast to build and easy to not be noticed - but like I said core 3 should be classed as transports so people like Hessians have to make demands first.

RE: Just delete the base and get it over with. - Jeuge - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 03:33 PM)Czechmate Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 03:28 PM)Darius Wrote: I would be very much interested in seeing what lawfuls log unlawfuls to siege in their own backyard.
Well a lot of RHA are in BDM for example - you didn't see a single BDM come to shoot RHA in O-11. Let's see if they show up in Cologne but I doubt it. It's again RHA sieging and BDM a no-show.

Thing is - Core 1+2 I mean- so be it, they don't take much to get going, are fast to build and easy to not be noticed - but like I said core 3 should be classed as transports so people like Hessians have to make demands first.

I didn't see a single [RM] or RM come to shoot RHA in O-11.

RE: Just delete the base and get it over with. - Emperor Tekagi - 07-12-2023

"Just shut down the server" mentality applied to PoBs.
Beautiful. Very helpful indeed.

Let's always seethe and not face the harsh truth that is Roleplay environment with all its consequences (most pob people legit don't want to get this, it is fact. This is not always the case but too often.). Combined with horrific siege and building ingame mechanics catering to an ever increasing polarization on the topic of PoBs, the absolute shit show you all pull on forums every time, the blissful arrogance and entitlement to special treatment of a certain side in all this, it comes as no surprise that this circle keeps repeating.