Discovery Gaming Community
Hello i guess - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hello i guess (/showthread.php?tid=198248)

Hello i guess - IceSkyMann - 08-10-2023

Hello hello,
hmm i mostly play PokeMMO if anybody knows but been playing freelancer ages ago and never tried Discovery well guess better late then never.
any tips are welcome though i saw there is a help section here so will start there.

RE: Hello i guess - xenomorph - 08-10-2023

Play whatever your soul desires. Don't pay too much attention to other people, as they usually carry pressure with them that they wait to release onto someone else.

I would also recommend not devoting too much attention to things like interactive navmap that have everything already mapped out, but rather take some time to explore the game for yourself. Also, do what suits you within reason.

I believe it's best for you to find some source of entertainment and not take things here too seriously. I'm a bit sorry that some players greeted you like this, so I decided to say something. You have plenty of available tools that can help you. However, don't let them destroy mystery that this game offers.

Take part in roleplay atmospheres that suit your liking, where you can roleplay a character that you create in a way that you don't know everything like most people do. Instead, try to adapt yourself with what your affiliation might know, and what it might now know, and then start meeting other characters to build your character's career up. Set character goals. You'll encounter a lot of forum roleplay, but in my opinion ingame one is much better/more valuable.

If you're not much into roleplay, you have PvP and PvE. Each faction has its own strengths and weaknesses, as well as a unique story. Something worth considering when playing a certain affiliation.

RE: Hello i guess - Tunicle - 08-10-2023

Welcome and @xenomorph offers some good advise, like all places you will meet people you gel with and those you do not. Best advice is to live and let live, plenty of people will help if asked, may will give what they think is help even if you do not ask Smile

RE: Hello i guess - IceSkyMann - 08-11-2023

Xenomorph and Tunicle thank you for the warm welcome.

RE: Hello i guess - Xenon - 08-11-2023

Welcome to Discovery, Good luck Smile

RE: Hello i guess - Valdorel - 08-11-2023

Welcome to the server, See you in Space Freelancer!

RE: Hello i guess - The_Godslayer - 08-11-2023

Sell me your soul. 10% of proceeds go to charity :)

RE: Hello i guess - TheKusari - 08-11-2023

Welcome to the world of Freelancer.
I'm happy to answer questions and get you started up Smile

RE: Hello i guess - Couden - 08-11-2023

(02-13-2023, 12:22 PM)Save My Soul Wrote: Yo. Welcome to Discovery Freelancer!
Hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Have fun, and see you in space!

Here're some useful threads that can help you understand what DFL actually is:
You can also find the link to official Discord hub at the top on the index page of the forum.

Shamelessly stolen from @Save My Soul

RE: Hello i guess - Fhoxi - 08-11-2023

Welcome to DIscovery! Enjoy the server and see you around sometime or somewhere in Sirius!