Discovery Gaming Community
Omicrons feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Omicrons feedback (/showthread.php?tid=198952)

Omicrons feedback - Omicron - 10-06-2023

I dont really know where to post this, and I still continue to explore around.

Order space is entirely boxed in unstable jumpholes - I assume this will not let capital ships or transports though - unless one goes to Zeta, needing to tour entirety of Omicron systems to get anywhere else that isnt Omicrons.

Order space has no economy, sells nothing but mining containers and consumer goods at... not really good of a price.

Instead we have received a station wreck and a Kusari battleship in our backyard. Has anyone thought any of it though?

I am extremely disappointed to be honest.

RE: Omicrons feedback - Antonio - 10-07-2023

One thing you should know: Alaska - Minor isn't snub only, it's open to all ships. It was mistakenly labeled as "Unstable" X hole, and will be fixed with the next hotfix.

This also means you can jump over the connection entirely with a jump drive. You can jump from Mu to New York, for example.

RE: Omicrons feedback - Omicron - 10-07-2023

It does not fill me with optimism to know that our only exit besides systems full of Core and Outcasts is a maze system which entrance of I haven't figured out yet (died around 4 times so far trying to get in), is entirely hostile, full of disruptor turrets, tight minefield corridors and with bypass tax of a jumpdrive and 20m oldcash worth in fuel.

Dont take that as criticism of Alaska, its a maze system and I am treating it as such. It just sucks a blackhole as a transit system.

RE: Omicrons feedback - Czechmate - 10-07-2023

He's trying to tell you to use JDs
Jump drives seem not optional anymore, but absolutely vital now due to Zois, hazards, snub only holes

Call me oldfashioned and counting every Sirian credit (I am not part of that multi-billion savings elite) but being stuck in own corner of space and having to pay a "tax" to leave doesn't sound like good gameplay loop to me. The only faction that has similar woe to that are probably Mollys right now, who can be blocked even more easily.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. The jumpholes woes will get a second look after hotfixes will be sorted out. I dont know what will be the options but I hope for a proper debate/discussion concerning the best course of action.

RE: Omicrons feedback - Fab - 10-07-2023

(10-07-2023, 10:42 PM)Omicron Wrote: The jumpholes woes will get a second look after hotfixes will be sorted out.

despite the official release of the patch, it is very much "not done" - the vision of the developers is done to an extent that varies. The vision of the community and players sure isn't. the upcoming hotfixes and patches will for sure change important aspects of the current patch. feedback is always welcome.

RE: Omicrons feedback - Cælumaresh - 10-07-2023

Angry slavic bear friend detected

EDIT: Nvm, thought it was a feedback about you

(10-07-2023, 10:56 PM)Cælumaresh Wrote: Angry slavic bear friend detected

Council shall decide your fate. Council has decided: Fren.

(10-07-2023, 10:55 PM)Fab Wrote: despite the official release of the patch, it is very much "not done" - the vision of the developers is done to an extent that varies. The vision of the community and players sure isn't. the upcoming hotfixes and patches will for sure change important aspects of the current patch. feedback is always welcome.

At the best of time, we've had access to Sigmas (S-59 and S-17), Tohoku (reduced to snub-only now) and of course various iterations of Alaska corridor (Ellesmere, Nu, Virginia etc.) and backdoor to Outcast space via Beta. I feel like access to Sigmas in some fashion, as well as Chugoku/Tohoku would benefit us a lot more than what we have now. I am open to discuss the options available.