Discovery Gaming Community
Siege Turrets AND PoBs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Siege Turrets AND PoBs (/showthread.php?tid=199065)

Pages: 1 2

Siege Turrets AND PoBs - Couden - 10-07-2023

Just asking if PoB hp is gonna be adjusted as well?

Edit: Seems like Shooting Sieges takes a lot of your ship's energy resourses. In Tempest's Case it is 337.5k compared for 300k (Pre patch) and Energy restoration is reduced to 150k (From 380k). Also Damage per shot was reduced by 40k. (3 Siege Turrets shot at once)

Any clarification/refund?

EDIT 2: Seems like there are no Ships that can afford to shoot more than one Siege Turret. Table

RE: Siege Turrets AND PoBs - Couden - 10-08-2023

Bump

RE: Siege Turrets AND PoBs - Tenshi Kuonji - 10-08-2023

No ship can withstand even shoot 2 primaries without getting core depleted ... in any ship, admins lowered the amount of recharge, but forget to balance it with the "new energy usage" for the turrets ...
They say this is intended, but i just belive they just wanna mess against players usually play capital ships because they need toughness and fire punch to fight against LAG ...

RE: Siege Turrets AND PoBs - Saronsen - 10-08-2023

either intentionally or unintentionally this patch seems to be the "haste and his friends hate caps" patch with all of the failures hidden behind a shiny new coat of paint in the form of shield and weapon effects.

the more concerning thing is how someone was talking about POBs becoming a core part of the new economy, despite all of the immense rage that comes with them being destroyed. i only imagine this would make it worse.
was the massive nerfing of siege guns the solution then? to make it that much more painful to destroy pob eyesores?

RE: Siege Turrets AND PoBs - Couden - 10-08-2023

Even if nerfing Siege gun to unplayable status I still want to hear the developers answer on this and would there be anything done with it. If not - refund me weapons

RE: Siege Turrets AND PoBs - Tenshi Kuonji - 10-08-2023

this was done intentionally, since is well know they want everything like vanilla ... ¬¬ ... is okay have new assets, but lots of BC Equipment has just died, they bring battlecrusier can't sustain 1 of his standard guns shooting, 1 OF 10 GUNS ... plus a ridiculous slow speed for turrets isn't meant to even defend like if we have a fighter squadron always when we play ...
there is lot of bad things this mod, the only good one i can see was the design of some starspheres and some rework ... but even today we still have no changelog on what they actually do ...

RE: Siege Turrets AND PoBs - Haste - 10-08-2023

PoBs are invulnerable as they are in holiday mode. We are working on a siege rework. As soon as this is finalized, PoB holiday mode will be turned off.

RE: Siege Turrets AND PoBs - Yazov - 10-09-2023

(10-08-2023, 08:40 AM)Tenshi Kuonji Wrote: No ship can withstand even shoot 2 primaries without getting core depleted ... in any ship, admins lowered the amount of recharge, but forget to balance it with the "new energy usage" for the turrets ...

"Oh my god, i need to think when playing to conserve energy instead of firing all weapons in one weapon ground, how terrible!"

RE: Siege Turrets AND PoBs - Saronsen - 10-09-2023

(10-09-2023, 06:59 AM)Yazov Wrote: "Oh my god, i need to think when playing to conserve energy instead of firing all weapons in one weapon ground, how terrible!"

pobs taking 2-4x longer to siege when they already took multiple days of man hours to siege sounds really cool and good and not ulcer inducing at all
there is no energy management when sieging pobs, if youre not using all of your core youre just wasting time shooting them.

RE: Siege Turrets AND PoBs - Yazov - 10-09-2023

(10-09-2023, 07:01 AM)Saronsen Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 06:59 AM)Yazov Wrote: "Oh my god, i need to think when playing to conserve energy instead of firing all weapons in one weapon ground, how terrible!"

pobs taking 2-4x longer to siege when they already took multiple days of man hours to siege sounds really cool and good and not ulcer inducing at all

Look, I agree that majority of activities - sieges included - were cancer inducing and inherently demanded a comprehensive rework for as long as PoBs existed.

Not saying that a battleship core should be unable to sustain at least a siege turret or two and that sieges should take as long as they did.

The snipped comment was clearly unrelated and made from combat PoV so I responded in the same manner, simple as that.

There was a reason I've been, and I am staying away from sieges - except when there is a fight to have.