Discovery Gaming Community
[LN] ESRD Secure Reporting Network - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Liberty (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+----- Forum: [LN] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=715)
+----- Thread: [LN] ESRD Secure Reporting Network (/showthread.php?tid=199298)

[LN] ESRD Secure Reporting Network - Liberty Navy - 10-11-2023

[Image: mgasxy7.png]

Incoming Transmission
Encryption: Maximum

External Security & Research Division
Liberty Navy, First Fleet
ADM Rachel A. Baker

ESRD Operatives & Pilots

Good evening, with the resumption of my posting as Director of the External Security & Research Division, and at the direction of First Fleet High Command, the External Security & Research Division's Secure Reporting Network has been revamped and re-established. Accessing this frequency will enable you to securely transmit informational and incident reports going forward.

Additionally, as you all know, the Navy loves paperwork and standardization, and so with that in mind, a template for our reports has been created and attached to this initial communication, so that it can be used for all future report submissions.

That is all.

Rachel A. Baker
Director, External Security & Research Division
1FLT, Liberty Navy

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

RE: [LN] ESRD Secure Reporting Network - Yannis - 10-11-2023

Incoming Transmission

Operative Minotaur

To the External Security & Research Division of the First Fleet.

Good day, Operative Minotaur reporting in.

Yesterday, at 20:00, a taskforce composed of ships and pilots from the Fifth, the Forty-Sixth, and the First Fleets, have departed from Norfolk Shipyard.

The goal was to go through Earheart system, and send a reconnaissance group through the entrance point in the system. We sought to gather as much intelligence as possible.

Here is the list of personnel and vessels involved:

Upon arrival in Earheart system, RECON Team 1 was deployed towards an unknown structure.

Unfortunately, the radiations of the system damaged the camera of my ship, and I have not been able to retrieve any image from the operation.

We sustained heavy fire from what appeared to be weapon platforms. By the looks of it, these platforms are Nomad-made, or are technologically close to it. But one shot is enough to take a fighter's shield down: if further investigations have to be made around that structure, I advise extreme caution and evading maneuvers for all ships involved.
RDI-Boston gathered the materials, and we dropped them off to the Akhetaten. They are now in the hands of the Forty-Sixth Fleet.

The structure sits in a system-wide graveyard, with different ships, from different houses: it looks like Sirius Hell come true. It seems binded to the weapon platforms, and surrounded by an energy field. Unfortunately, the defence system was impossible to go through, and I had no chance of taking a closer look.

Once everything was dropped off on the Akhetaten, both RECON Teams were sent through the entrance point, a sort of anomaly that seems stable enough for smaller vessels, so the FOBs had to remain behind, and guarded the entrance.

What is there is inimaginable. Within a system-wide asteroid field, a gigantic structure, powered by God-knows-what source of energy. It was impossible to get close to the structure itself: the gravitational pull emanating from the main part of the structure was so strong, that even my cruise engine was struggling to get me out of it. Both RECON Teams gathered materials from the far ends of the structure: organic capacitors. I do not know what they are yet, but our teams will investigate.

The Liberty Navy is not alone in these fields: we encountered two Freelancer vessels, which appeared to be research vessels; and Revenant, a Technocrat.

Once everyone was back to the FOBs, and all the materials dropped off, the FOBs designated the exit: we went through an anomaly leading to Orkney, then back to the Taus and through Bretonian space to get safely back home.

I attach to this report the complete communication logs of my black box.

I remain, as always, ready to serve.

Minotaur
Operative, ESRD
1FLT, Liberty Navy

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

RE: [LN] ESRD Secure Reporting Network - Sarawr!? - 10-12-2023

Incoming Transmission

Director Rachel A. Baker

Operatives & Pilots

In light of the revelation of the Earhart System, and ongoing operations therein, I believe it prudent to issue standing orders for all assets operating within Earhart or the systems connected to it.

Firstly, it has been discovered that at least one of the jump holes in Earhart apparently creates a pathway right to the doorstep of the Republic, letting out into the Cortez System. To me, this poses a grave potential threat. With that in mind, any alien or hostile synthetic entities attempting to access this path should be exterminated with due prejudice. Human vessels should be dealt with on a case by case basis, at the discretion of the operative present.

Secondly, there are many super structures present in Earhart and the adjoining systems, and we have as yet been unable to conclusively identify them. We must study them, we must acquire viable scans and technology samples if at all possible. The origin and purpose of these structures absolutely must be identified. It may be imperative to the security of the Republic, and all humanity, that we develop an understanding of what it is we're dealing with. To that end, I am authorizing ESRD operatives to cooperate with other scientific research operations that may be ongoing in the system, most notably our partners in the 5th and 46th Fleets, as well as the LSF, and if at all possible, the Order -- if this technology is alien, they may be best suited to helping us gain an understanding of it. Of course, this does not mean that you are authorized to divulge information that WE have discovered without authorization, and you must tell no one of any dealings with the Order.

Thirdly, should you encounter any alien or hostile synthetic vessels, once they are destroyed, gathering technology samples from them is of great importance, our researchers at Willard may be able to use such things.

Finally, ESRD operatives should engage in general reconnaissance and mapping of these systems, so that we can better navigate them during future operations.

It is my belief that we're looking at some kind of a road into human territories, and I do not believe that the layout or location of these systems is a coincidence. We must gain a full picture, and we must remain vigilant.

Our mission is of dire importance to the Republic, and we must not fail.

Rachel A. Baker
Director, ESRD
1FLT, Liberty Navy

RE: [LN] ESRD Secure Reporting Network - Max Morse - 11-03-2023

Incoming Transmission

Commander Jack Boehm

Director Baker,

As per request from high command, I carried out a preliminary survey of the Copernicus system to ascertain if it provides a connection to Sigma space. While proceeding to Galileo to conduct said survey, I encountered Lieutenant Cotton, who offered to join me on the expedition. We proceeded through the unstable Jump Hole in Galileo and arrived in an asteroid rich nebula. After dealing with a small threat from some Xenos, we proceeded to head out to explore the rest of the system, almost immediately encountering an odd set of jump holes, as well as a pair of planets.

Noticing a vast, almost pitch black nebula ahead of us, we went to explore it, but due to how dense the particle field there was, our scanners were incredibly ineffective, and we felt it was dangerous to proceed in further. At about this time, we encountered another explored, flying under an independent IFF. They had recently been further in the field, having decided to explore through the previously mentioned jump holes. According to this pilot, who seemed perfectly forthright, the jump holes in this system seem to all connect in a sort of loop that goes throughout the system in general. The pilot also warned that there are heavy radiation fields located within the areas around some of these jump holes, and that one of them had almost destroyed their ship. After being asked what their origin was, the freelance pilot mentioned that they had come into Copernicus from Sigma-13. Deciding that it was probably a good idea to not explore the highly radioactive areas in a mere freighter and fighter, we exchanged some telemetry data with the freelance pilot, pointing them towards the Jump Hole leading back to Galileo, while he sent us to the one to Sigma-13.

Proceeding in the direction of the coordinates, we passed close to the brown dwarf at the center of the system, making note of a asteroid field in orbit of it. As we neared the coordinates given to us by the freelancer, we discovered a vast stretch of what seems to be part of the Crow nebula as well as several large ice asteroids approximately the size of Willard station within it, and near them the Jump Hole we had been looking for. After making note of the precise location, we endeavored to finish the loop of the system that we had started, almost immediately running into a dense pocket of explosive gasses which nearly destroyed Cotton's fighter. With her ship damaged, we made haste back towards our entry point, stopping for a moment near the wreck of one of the other early explorers of the system. Once that was done, we quickly jumped back to Galileo, then headed to Colorado, where we both landed on the Ohio to make repairs.

If we intend to send more expeditions into Copernicus to map the rest of the system, which I greatly recommend, I suggest not sending anything smaller than a Grizzly. The dangers of the nebula in Copernicus are extreme, and it was mostly luck that saw Lieutenant Cotton through the experience. I'll be attaching several recordings from the camera suite on my ship, as well as a transcription of the flight recorder below for review.

Jack Boehm
Commander, ESRD
1FLT, Liberty Navy

Camera Footage