Discovery Gaming Community
RP/RM/MND vs LWB/Alliance | By the Numbers | Sat Dec 2, 6PM UTC - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: RP/RM/MND vs LWB/Alliance | By the Numbers | Sat Dec 2, 6PM UTC (/showthread.php?tid=199962)

Pages: 1 2

RP/RM/MND vs LWB/Alliance | By the Numbers | Sat Dec 2, 6PM UTC - Barrier - 11-27-2023

[Image: NINl7tF.png]

While the successful Baden Baden operation boosting approval among the Darmstadt community, the next step for the movement is to focus on its main grievance - the proliferation of Synth in Rheinland. Even with enough manpower, this is a herculean task that may take years to bear dividends, if it succeeds at all. Therefore, instead of adopting such an "efficiency-based" approach, the movement has ever focused on higher risk / shorter benefit methods of disrupting the operations of the Liberty giant.

A recent initiative may be just what the movement has been waiting for. Low level Alliance informants on Neckar have determined that a large shipment from Riverside is expected in the coming weeks, for stockpiling and later transfer to the planet itself. While no one knows exactly what is being imported, whole warehouses are being cleared in preparation, and the general aura of secrecy about the docks has had imaginations running wild. While it is unlikely to be the zombie paste strain that the old timers keep warning new arrivals about, it is definitely something valuable to the Synth Foods corporation. And any introduction of new Synth strains into the Stuttgart environment is the last thing a self-respecting Farmer wants to have happen...

Combat Area & Disposition
[Image: JvzojSI.png]
  • Rheinland forces start at Planet Stuttgart. The transport starts at the furthest Neckar depot.
  • Alliance forces start at Darmstadt and proceed to Neckar.

Objectives
  • Rheinland forces: defend the Neckar supply depots and the transport. Engage all enemy forces.
  • Transport: dock on Planet Stuttgart.
  • Alliance forces: destroy the Neckar supply depots, the transport, and all the cargo. Engage Rheinland forces as necessary.

Rules
  • Depots can only be targeted with Nova torpedoes or Mines.
  • The transport can only use impulse speed.
  • Event starts:
    Rheinland forces sight Alliance forces.
  • Docking or leaving Stuttgart means you have retreated.
  • For Farmers Alliance, entering one of the Nebulae means you have retreated.
  • Event ends:
    All Alliance forces have been destroyed / retreated.
    OR
    All Neckar supply depots, the transport, and the Food Rations / Synth Paste cargo has been destroyed.
  • Note that after the event ends, normal server rules apply.

Date & Time of the event
Saturday, Dec 2, 6PM UTC.

Participants

Rheinland Forces
Alliance Forces
Fighter: [MND]Agt.W.Rosencrantz @Mort Fighter: <Plunge> @DublinDuster
Fighter: MND-Draugr @R.P.Curator Fighter: Endeavour> @Endeavour
Fighter: KPR|Wolfgeist @Nanosinx = Fighter:
Fighter: Friedhelm.Winter @JadeTornado Fighter:
Fighter: Fighter:
Fighter: Fighter:
Fighter: Bomber:
Fighter: Bomber:
Synth Transport:
Reserve: fighter/bomber @Barrier Reserve: fighter/bomber @Barrier
Reserve: Reserve: Jurten.Krieg @0xCosmin =
Reserve: Reserve:

Please share any feedback you have, or reply with your character name and ship class to sign up.

RE: RP/RM/MND vs LWB/Alliance | By the Numbers | Sat Dec 2, 8PM UTC - Mort - 11-27-2023

[MND]Agt.W.Rosencrantz - Valkyrie

RE: RP/RM/MND vs LWB/Alliance | By the Numbers | Sat Dec 2, 8PM UTC - LuckyOne - 11-27-2023

Consider maybe dropping a temporary POB (with half health or something) and allowing a pair of gunboats instead of making the depots the only target. Even with two bombers they are quite close together and incredibly squishy to take out. LWB will basically need 3 Nova hits to secure their objectives.

Or maybe I am misreading this and there will also be a transport to target along with the depots. That could make the mission significantly harder.

RE: RP/RM/MND vs LWB/Alliance | By the Numbers | Sat Dec 2, 8PM UTC - Barrier - 11-27-2023

(11-27-2023, 07:32 PM)LuckyOne Wrote: Consider maybe dropping a temporary POB (with half health or something) and allowing a pair of gunboats instead of making the depots the only target. Even with two bombers they are quite close together and incredibly squishy to take out. LWB will basically need 3 Nova hits to secure their objectives.

Or maybe I am misreading this and there will also be a transport to target along with the depots. That could make the mission significantly harder.

I wasn't planning on having a transport, since I think it won't be that simple to destroy the depots. The lawful team can target the bombers in advance, and the station will start blasting when they get closer. Based on my own testing, the novas can also miss the depots when targeted.

Maybe I should limit people to blindfiring the novas (aka without selecting a depot) to further decrease their accuracy?

RE: RP/RM/MND vs LWB/Alliance | By the Numbers | Sat Dec 2, 8PM UTC - LuckyOne - 11-27-2023

(11-27-2023, 07:56 PM)Barrier Wrote: I wasn't planning on having a transport, since I think it won't be that simple to destroy the depots. The lawful team can target the bombers in advance, and the station will start blasting when they get closer. Based on my own testing, the novas can also miss the depots when targeted.

Maybe I should limit people to blindfiring the novas (aka without selecting a depot) to further decrease their accuracy?

You could but it's impossible to enforce. I'd add a transport / frigate, and make some rules about the transport such as no hugging the bases.

RE: RP/RM/MND vs LWB/Alliance | By the Numbers | Sat Dec 2, 8PM UTC - Barrier - 11-27-2023

(11-27-2023, 08:43 PM)LuckyOne Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 07:56 PM)Barrier Wrote: I wasn't planning on having a transport, since I think it won't be that simple to destroy the depots. The lawful team can target the bombers in advance, and the station will start blasting when they get closer. Based on my own testing, the novas can also miss the depots when targeted.

You could but it's impossible to enforce. I'd add a transport / frigate, and make some rules about the transport such as no hugging the bases.

Hmm, maybe we can have a transport unloading at one of the depots, thanks for the suggestion.

RE: RP/RM/MND vs LWB/Alliance | By the Numbers | Sat Dec 2, 6PM UTC - Barrier - 11-28-2023

Due to the official event timing this weekend, I'm changing this to start earlier, at 6pm UTC.

RE: RP/RM/MND vs LWB/Alliance | By the Numbers | Sat Dec 2, 6PM UTC - JadeTornado - 11-29-2023

Friedhelm.Winter - VHF for RM side

RE: RP/RM/MND vs LWB/Alliance | By the Numbers | Sat Dec 2, 6PM UTC - DublinDuster - 11-29-2023

<Plunge> - Alliance VHF

RE: RP/RM/MND vs LWB/Alliance | By the Numbers | Sat Dec 2, 6PM UTC - 0xCosmin - 11-29-2023

Reserve for LWB, fighter: Jurten.Krieg

Not sure I can make it.