Discovery Gaming Community
Travel Permit request - Access to Tau-23/Languedoc Gate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Gallia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+----- Forum: Government of House Gallia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=433)
+------ Forum: Permits & Licenses (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=697)
+------ Thread: Travel Permit request - Access to Tau-23/Languedoc Gate (/showthread.php?tid=200050)

Travel Permit request - Access to Tau-23/Languedoc Gate - Pinko - 10-29-2023

To: Bureau des permis et licences de l'Union Gallique
Subject: Languedoc - Tau-23 Gate access.

Salutations,

As requested, we have moved our request to more appropriate channels.

We are glad to hear that security measures concerning the Languedoc system are taken seriously, which is why we proudly present our dutifully filled paperwork.

Yours truly,

Camus

RE: Travel Permit request - Access to Tau-23/Languedoc Gate - Conundrum - 10-29-2023

[Image: 51f0c340efb25c496c1ba9572a456165.png]
[Image: 0eea2f2e01e7a781a08367d40c792940.png]
Incoming Transmission
Sender: Deputy Corentin Auch
Recipients:Camus, Licence administrators
Subject: Benefits

What I would like to know - if you Corsicans would be allowed to cross the lane we guard - will you cooperate with the Gendarmerie against criminals, in Languedoc and Provence alike if they slip by us on the way in? Perhaps even help us get at those who escape the law in Languedoc to your system with your authority?

Say I give you an example - me and Flotte Principale officer Pierre Henri have been tracking a Zoner who kept running the blockade, and we couldn't get him in Provence with our lowered authority there. Say we call you and you rough him up or tell him to get lost from Provence and straight to our custody in Languedoc - can we say this would be possible?

Corentin Auch
Deputy (Gendarme Adjoint)
Gendarmerie
Gallic Navy Combined Fleet

RE: Travel Permit request - Access to Tau-23/Languedoc Gate - Pinko - 10-30-2023

To: Député Corentien Auch
Subject: Re: Benefits

Député Auch,

I will be sincere: cooperation is required, in good faith, of all parties involved. I do not wish to be on bad terms with the Gendarmerie or the Navy, but these last few weeks have been rough for us. We dedicate ourselves to the betterment and good reputation of Gallia, help heal the wounds of the past with the other Houses, but my men are feeling rather tired of the treatment they often receive at home. The Gendarmerie is all smiles when we meet cordially during our mutual patrols, and yet you come to me talking of authority and suspicions.

We ask to be treated as equals, if nothing else. We are not tools to be used and disposed of when it is convenient to you. My men and I ask nothing more to be of service to the Union, but if the laws do not reflect such, then the work of my people is essentially wasted. As I have said however, I am a man of good faith.

Provence is indeed jointly provided after by both the Gallic Union and the Corse, and the Zurich Accord is but one of many interest groups in the sector. Authority wise, which is what seems to be the issue here, we have noticed an influx of Capital vessels travelling through the lane systems, Triumph, Obstinate and even Valor class vessels often flown by the Secondary and Reserve fleets. A recent incident involved a Redemption class battleship threatening to open fire on Admiral Golanski's vessel during his diplomatic visit to Gallia while in visible orbit of Marseille. Tourists were concerned that another conflict was inevitable, and our peacekeepers on hand did what they could to contain the potential violence of the situation, while the Captain of the Council Battleship told us off for being, well, mere Corsicans.

Député, I wish to work with you, I truly do, but if not as friends then at very least as two concerned Nationals that share a devotion for our dear House, Gallia.

Here is my offer:

Yours truly,

Camus

RE: Travel Permit request - Access to Tau-23/Languedoc Gate - Pinko - 10-30-2023

Député Auch,

I bring good news, as I have quickly caught Orsini's attention concerning this matter. After concertation between l'Accord de Zurich et l'Unione Corse, the Orisini Family, identified as UC/-, approves of these terms as well, so far as the Gendarmerie and the Navy accept them as well. As Provence is currently directly under their control, such a deal would encompass all Corsican elements currently present within the system.

Yours truly,

Camus

RE: Travel Permit request - Access to Tau-23/Languedoc Gate - Conundrum - 10-30-2023

[Image: 51f0c340efb25c496c1ba9572a456165.png]
[Image: 0eea2f2e01e7a781a08367d40c792940.png]
Incoming Transmission
Sender: Deputy Corentin Auch
Recipients:Camus, Licence administrators
Subject: Benefits

Camus, you made my head spin! The Gendarmerie are used mostly as auxiliary combat and supply units. I am no politician, blimey - I am just saying that you know - if you folks are going to be moving to the lane we patrol, and protect, perhaps you can help out us when when someone slips by us to Provence through it!

Corentin Auch
Deputy (Gendarme Adjoint)
Gendarmerie
Gallic Navy Combined Fleet

Député Auch,

Alright, alright. I apologize for getting somewhat heated there. That is a fair enough request. I will keep my words simple then:

We, of the Accord de Zurich and l'Unione Corse, will help you hunt down anyone that slips past your net. You let us through the magical transportation gate. That is all that is important for now. The rest can be handled through proper channels. Oui?

Yours truly,

Camus

RE: Travel Permit request - Access to Tau-23/Languedoc Gate - The Gallic Union - 10-31-2023

Planet New Paris, Île-de-France system
31st of October, 749 AGS / 833 AS

[Image: SaRFBNL.png]

Sender: Lucille Gervais, Gallic Union Licensing & Permits Office
Recipient: Camus
Subject: Languedoc: Planet Quillan-Tau 23 Trade Lane and Jump Gate access

The Licensing & Permits Office is glad that there are signs of cooperation between Law Enforcement and the AdZ) in regard to the restricted lane. It would appear the Corse has been entrusted by the Office of Maréchal de Gaule enough to govern the infrastructure in the adjacent Provence system.

Before official announcements and confirmations, however, we can only infer that this trust could also mean trust and intent in gaining access to the Tau regions. We are granting a Provisional License that can be revoked or amended at any time once the situation is clarified or other circumstances arise for the following:

Exemption from
§2.5. Trespassing
For:
The Zurich Accord - AdZ) vessels
Exempt area:
Languedoc: Planet Quillan-Tau 23 Trade Lane and Jump Gate

The Gallic Union Licensing & Permits Office

End of Message