Discovery Gaming Community
DOUBTS ABOUT CONTRACT BOARDS AND BOUNTIES RULES - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: DOUBTS ABOUT CONTRACT BOARDS AND BOUNTIES RULES (/showthread.php?tid=200478)

DOUBTS ABOUT CONTRACT BOARDS AND BOUNTIES RULES - Semir Gerkhan - 11-15-2023

[I had posted this before in the Help & Support section, but I thought that the lack of response may have been because I should have posted it here.]

Greetings.

I have several doubts about the rules for placing bounties, so before doing anything I prefer to ask them here and not mess it up.

My unofficial faction is thinking about placing a bounty on several specific characters. Due to the RP developed, it could be that these bounties would have to be repeated recurrently against those specific characters.

I've been reading the rules for the Contract Boards and One-time Contracts, and since we're an unofficial faction, and we don't have the sponsorship required by the rules to be able to post in the Contract Boards section, it seems that we would have to post in the One-time Contracts section.

However, I've seen that the One-time Contracts rules indicate the following:

This sub-forum is for players to post one-time bounties or other once-off contracts. Players or factions likely to repeatedly post different consequent bounties or contracts, or recurring contracts, may wish to make a thread in the Contract Boards sub-forum.

Questions I have about this:
  • Does this above mean that there is any possibility that my unofficial unsponsored faction has a way to publish in the Contracts Board section, or is it simply referring to official faction players (or unofficial but sponsored)?
  • Likewise, in the case of not being able to publish bounties in the Contract Boards section because we aren't an official faction, or a sponsored unofficial one: If I publish a bounty in One-time Contracts, and it is fulfilled by a player, do I have to repost it in a different thread each time, or can I continue using the same thread?
  • Finally. What does it mean to be an unofficial sponsored faction? What depth of roleplay is required to be able to ask an official faction to sponsor your bounty board in the Contracts Board section? Does the official faction that sponsors you has to have the same ID as yours, or can it have any ID as long as it makes sense due to RP developed with that faction?

Thank you in advance for your help.

RE: DOUBTS ABOUT CONTRACT BOARDS AND BOUNTIES RULES - rwx - 02-07-2024

I'm also interested in the topic.
Unfortunately this thread got no input for 2.5 months, so I started my own investigation.

Last week I was discussing with @Haste about the official faction bounty rules and what might be allowed.
  • Single target bounties are allowed by anyone and everyone
  • Blanket bounties ("I hereby bounty all <insert faction>") are the ones locked to official factions

My conclusion what might be possible:
  • Your unofficial faction can post a one-time bounty for each specific character here
  • Your unofficial faction can create a guidepost-like summary thread here
  • You could add a individual registration board for your unofficial faction.
  • Each one-time bounties will be bundled in the summary thread
    (you can remove fullfilled bounties or keep them for history purpose)
  • A reoccuring* bounty of the same target might need a new one-time bounty thread
    * = result of a rp interaction after the originally bounty was fullfilled
  • A recurrently* bounty is limited to official faction
    * = targeting a player/character unlimited times

Disclaimer:
  • This is my interpretation of the rules as a player.
  • Staff input is preferred to outline wrong points.

RE: DOUBTS ABOUT CONTRACT BOARDS AND BOUNTIES RULES - Czechmate - 02-07-2024

Blanket bounties are a big labor intensive bother. The restrictions are a thing of the past, I say if someone wants to make one, waste credits and time, let them.

They are very strange as an OF "perk" as they bring no activity to the issuing faction, on the contrary - they encourage people to log indies and freelancers instead, at great administrative and monetary expense on top.

RE: DOUBTS ABOUT CONTRACT BOARDS AND BOUNTIES RULES - Semir Gerkhan - 02-07-2024

Oh my god! I had lost all hope of anyone answering me. @rwx, I really appreciate you taking the time to post here what you were able to extract from your conversation with @Haste. Thanks also, @Czechmate, for providing your POV on blanket bounties. You two have given me some light on this matter.