Discovery Gaming Community
Operators Guide: Fighter Combat techniques & Ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Operators Guide: Fighter Combat techniques & Ships (/showthread.php?tid=200576)

Operators Guide: Fighter Combat techniques & Ships - BDM - 11-19-2023

[Image: RjrijuT.gif]

Not available to public!
Channel access restricted to trusted BDM staff only.

[Image: yYtxZad.png]
VALKNUT NEURAL NETWORK
COMBAT OPERATORS GUIDE
CONNECTION

ESTABLISHED
CONSOLE STATUS

LOOP

[Image: 2raGaXX.png]

RE: Operators Guide: Fighter Combat techniques & Ships - BDM - 11-21-2023

FILE ACCESS:
OPERATORS GUIDE: "VALKYRIE"
DESIGNATION

PRIORITY: CLASSIFIED 3
READ/WRITE STATUS

ENABLED
CLEARANCE CODE

#̢̀#̴̵͝#̀#̛̀͢͡#̵#̵͟͜͡#̡̢͘͡#̷̶͜#̶̡

$ACCESS LOG DATABASE
ACCESSING CENTRAL DATA SERVER...
CHECKING SECURITY CLEARANCE...
... ALPHA PASS
... BETA PASS
... OMNI MATCHED

:"WELCOME USER":
FULL ACCESS GRANTED
$CHDIR ./WEIMAR/ARCHIVE/OMNI/VALKYRIE/
OK DIRECTORY AT: HOME/WEIMAR/ARCHIVE/OMNI/VALKYRIE/
$OPEN FI-77.2

[Image: OUSjcJB.png?1]
VALKYRIE
Armor: 12750
Max Turn: 71.05
Response Time: 0.49s
Power Core: 12,400
Class: VHF
MAX Nanobots/Shield Batteries: 65/65
Synopsis:
The Valkyrie has been the backbone of the Rheinland since the beginning. Over the years Daumann has made several adjustments to the ship, but the principles of flying it remain the same.

The Valkyrie rewards an aggressive pilot, someone who is always looking to out-maneuver the opponent. The thrust power and agility of the Valkyrie make this a bit more simplified, however, given this ship is not very nimble or small - it makes this the only option. For this reason, it is important to master an aggressive approach to using the ship, jousting or facing other ships head-on holds fatal consequences for those foolish enough to do it. The reality of this is deciphered in the recording, there are moments where I attempt to face "Ricin" head-on - and take extra damage. But as I maneuver around him - I remain relatively safe.

I am of course, utilizing the VENOM weapons in this recording. I prefer heavier weapons on the Daumann designs, as they allow for prolonged focus on flying as opposed to holding time-on-target. My ordnance of choice here are seeker mines, seeker mines track very well, and flush your opponent into positions they wouldn't have found themselves in otherwise - giving you an advantage.

Finally, the powercore of the Valkyrie is made simple to manage through the use of fewer weapons. While this might seem like a deficiency, it allows for longer continuous fire.

$/END LOG
ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TO END LOG (Y/N)? Y
SAVING... COMPLETE
LOG ENTRY COMPETE... RETURNING[Image: Llq4ymU.gif]

RE: Operators Guide: Fighter Combat techniques & Ships - BDM - 11-21-2023

FILE ACCESS:
OPERATORS GUIDE: "BANSHEE"
DESIGNATION

PRIORITY: CLASSIFIED 3
READ/WRITE STATUS

ENABLED
CLEARANCE CODE

#̢̀#̴̵͝#̀#̛̀͢͡#̵#̵͟͜͡#̡̢͘͡#̷̶͜#̶̡

$ACCESS LOG DATABASE
ACCESSING CENTRAL DATA SERVER...
CHECKING SECURITY CLEARANCE...
... ALPHA PASS
... BETA PASS
... OMNI MATCHED

:"WELCOME USER":
FULL ACCESS GRANTED
$CHDIR ./WEIMAR/ARCHIVE/OMNI/BANSHEE/
OK DIRECTORY AT: HOME/WEIMAR/ARCHIVE/OMNI/BANSHEE/
$OPEN FI-172.1

[Image: OUSjcJB.png?1]
BANSHEE
Armor: 11900
Max Turn: 80.06
Response Time: 0.58s
Power Core: 8740
Class: HF
MAX Nanobots/Shield Batteries: 49/49
Synopsis:
If the Valkyrie "rewards" an aggressive pilot, the Banshee demands one. It's large shape, light armor, and demonic maneuverability make flight discipline an absolute priority.

Obeying the principles of this ship offers an even greater reward, however. Combined with heavy weapons such as the "MALACHITE" & "Firekiss" the ship's core is strong enough to send 2-3 precision shots into your opponent - plenty more than you need to intimidate him/her.

You can see here, utilizing the ship's maneuverability I'm able to stay behind the opponent nearly the entire time. Take note though, that you only need to fire when you can make your shots count. You must prioritize positioning your ship correctly so you don't get wiped out in one pass by your opponent. Ordnance can pose a serious threat to the Banshee as well, to mitigate this, it is best to make closer maneuvers when you have shields to spare. When shields are down, it is better to make wider maneuvers, where you prioritize avoiding your opponent instead of attacking.

$/END LOG
ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TO END LOG (Y/N)? Y
SAVING... COMPLETE
LOG ENTRY COMPETE... RETURNING[Image: Llq4ymU.gif]